Author Topic: YAY! DEMON STONE!  (Read 5421 times)

Offline Celestial1

• AOL Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
YAY! DEMON STONE!
« on: October 05, 2004, 05:34:28 PM »
Very good game, right from the start.

My birthday was just celebrated with dinner last night, and my brother (who wasn't there at the time :( ) bought Demon Stone for me, knowing the fun i have on NWN.

heres the characters (in order of who you meet/play as first)

[attachmentid=226]Rannek, the Fighter[/span]
Unlike most travelers, Rannek journeyed to the Bloodstone land of Damara in search of anonymity. He hadnÃ????t come to fight in Vaasa, but rather to escape a tortured past. Several months after settling down, Rannek made a costly error. While employed as a scout on the outskirts of Nesme, he failed to recognize an impending troll attack. He misjudged the enemy, whom he thought were simply scavenging for trace metals at the base of the Galena Mountains. The advancing group turned out to be a troll invasion force accompanied by a unit of battle-thirsty orcs. NesmeÃ????s unsuspecting citizens, hearing no alarm call, were left defenseless as the onslaught ensued. Although a dwarven countercharge eventually returned Nesme back to its folk, Rannek left the region in disgrace. After some time, the beleaguered fighter headed east toward Damara, pulled in that direction by a force he could not explain. With little to lose, he followed. Rannek specializes in the use of melee weapons, the sword and the fist.

[attachmentid=228][span style=\'color:red\']Zhai, the Rogue[/span]
Zhai is one of the rarest race combinations found anywhere in the Realms. Her mother was drow, a dark elf from the subterranean city of Menzoberranzan, while her father was a wood elf from Cedarleaf. Zhai never felt comfortable being raised on the surface world. She was not generally welcomed, as people didnÃ????t trust one who so resembled a drow. Thus, at the first opportunity, she set out to make a name for herself in the Coldlands, hoping to alleviate that prejudice, as well as the rage that brewed within her. Zhai is the most athletic of the group. With her gymnastic abilities, she can tackle most obstacles. She can also avoid detection by hiding in natural shadows within the environment.

[attachmentid=227][span style=\'color:red\']Illius, the Sorcerer[/color]
Descended from an ancient line of knights known as the Silver Guard of Silverymoon, Illius was disowned by his family for one simple reason: he chose spell craft over the martial arts. Yearning to learn more of the world beyond Silverymoon, the sorcerer set out on a path far from home. He sought out adventure and, like Rannek, felt a strong, unexplainable pull toward Damara. Illius specializes in the use of magic. He has nolimitation on his projectile combat ability.
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Mark Twain.

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
YAY! DEMON STONE!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 05:40:48 PM »
Oh, no! Did we miss your birthday? I'm sorry!

Happy Birthday, Celestial!

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Celestial1

• View Profile
    • Email
YAY! DEMON STONE!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 05:41:29 PM »
awww thank you throbby!  :blush:

EDIT...

Heres some of the stats on Demon Stone:

Players: 1

Controllable Characters: 3 and at some points it replaces one of them with another useable character (ie Drizzt Do'Urden)

System: PS2

Monsters in DS and NWN: Orcs, Slaadi, Bugbears, Spiders, Yuan-ti

DS only monsters: some freaky zombieish looking dudes, plane beasts, Yuan-ti abominations, the Yuan-ti god and more!

Graphics: Great, sleek, smooth graphics.

Voice acting: The voices fit the characters very well.

Action: lots of it

Spells (Illius only): Very D&D like... Fireball and Lightning are some of the wand spells, and Illius also uses his hands as a weapon with possible ghoul touch and other upgrades

Exp/Items system: Excellent, not very hard to obtain the things you really want, but it still gives you a challenge.

Over-all rating: i'd have to say about 95 out of 100 at some points, and others 100. Then again you ought to try it yourself!

now, i'm currently on chapter 6 (Yuan-ti temple, yuan-ti god boss) and i have all the best armor on all of them, medium or better  weapon, and it seems the creators like to depend on a lot of holding 1 or 2 of the heroes at a time, so in some cases you will be using a certain character or 2 at some points. I've also found its pretty easy to color cordinate your characters armor/weapons (Rannek blue and ice weapon, Zhai dark with black magic burning weapon, and Illius white with lightning based staff)

Current favorite character to play: Illusius the sorcerer for sure-he's good long and close range, has spells to enchant his weapon for melee, and has unlimited ammo for spells (really good spells too).

~Celestial
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 08:16:57 AM by Celestial1 »
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Offline -=Zen=-

• View Profile
    • Email
YAY! DEMON STONE!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 08:00:30 AM »
Happy Birthday Celest!! *Doesnt know how late of a B-day it is, But w/e*

Offline Celestial1

• View Profile
    • Email
YAY! DEMON STONE!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 07:51:29 PM »
wtf is the fat kid doing

ohhh god... i saw that before... he's playing DDR (dance dance revolution)... who the hell had that "smart" idea? :glare:

ANYWAY...

Chapter: 9, The dragon's lair

Fav Char: still Illius (armor: archmagi robes, weapon: staff +5 with pain/lightning lvl 3 [highest lvl], best spell: Meteor storm [many meteors hit a target, and hits close-to-target enemies].  {everything is the best possible} ), but occasionally use zhai if illius isn't the best choice because sneak attacks no longer make her visible :ninja:

Mad about: being to busy to play much and not really wanting to... (WHAT?!)