LucidMagic > Feedback & Community

Very annoying virus!

(1/5) > >>

Hubba:
I got a very annoying virus on my pc, when i run my Sophos virus scan it cant remove it! its says "acces to file is denied" But i have the newest version of Sophos on the internet Sophos has the virus in their data base, this is very irritating since a virus message is popping up every 2 seconds!  :angry:  

thanatos:
Ooh!

What you need is NOD32!  I have to say it's one of the best antiviruses ever.  You can check out virus bulletin, but I personnaly have some reasons (probably mentioned outside anwyay)

linK:  http://www.nod32.com

1)  Extremely fast.  The kernel is supposedly written in Assembly, meaning that where scans of a 40 GB drive in Nortan may take hours, NOD32 only takes a matter of minutes.

2)  Virus definitions updating is such a snap; basically you just set up the preliminary steps, then periodically you'll receive a message that your virus definition has been updated.  No manual update necesary.

3)  Very advanced heuristics - surf around for that - the basic point is that it has a very good chance of detecting newly undiscovered viruses.  (Remember the MSBlast worm?  I got rid of that even before it was discovered, let alone make national headlines)

4)  It does what it needs to do - there is no integrated firewall or any other stuff like that.  NOD32 is an antivirus and ONLY an antivirus.

5)  It's definetely no memory hog.

Check it out for yourself if your interested!

Blood Angel:
I had an annoying virus once, I use norton antivirus and all I had to do was:

start windows in safe mode, full scan (in safe mode I could get to quarantine the virus).
after the full scan I started normally and the virus survived o.O, but after this I was able to delete the folder the virus was in and now I'm clean. yippie

Hubba:
Thx, but next time give me a link that works.. :P  

Hubba:
well i runned the virus scan Thanatos, but still it says: acces Denied...  :(  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version