Author Topic: NWN 2 EE on Steam!  (Read 6235 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN 2 EE on Steam!
« on: April 29, 2020, 12:28:06 PM »
Just kidding.

NWN2 was such a fucking train-wreck that no one is willing to put any effort into reviving/reliving it. Sure, GoG has a "complete" version of the game but that's just a compatibility patch.

Meanwhile, not only is NWN getting a second life with an Enhanced Edition release on Steam, there is a new "official" mod for sale. Clearly, NWN 2's epic failure was fomented by a complete lack of understanding of what the NWN community was looking for in a sequel.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: NWN 2 EE on Steam!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 02:36:06 PM »
I'd agree with you to a certain extent.  Clearly NWN2 was a train wreck with regards to multiplayer and clearly multiplayer is what made NWN such a great game...So in that regard NWN2 as a successor to NWN was a failure.

However,

Getting passed the other fact that NWN2 was released rather buggy.  Once those bugs were resolved NWN2 single player campaign was actually an excellent CRPG and the expansion Mask of the Betrayer is even better, going so far as to get rated on some top CRPGs of all time lists.  SoZ was also very fun.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 08:14:45 PM »
I actually finally bought and played NWN2 and it's main campaigns back in... shit I have to look on GoG Galaxy... 2019. It was pretty good actually, I enjoyed it. I honestly didn't expect it to be as buggy as it was because I figured everything would be resolved by that time, but it was still pretty buggy. Playable though. Worth the play through.

It was definitely missing the magic of the first game for sure. But I still really enjoyed the campaigns and SoZ was interesting and fun as well. I feel like the Acquisitions Incorporated supplement for 5e probably shares some things in common with that one.

I tried downloading some modules that people made, and found some recognizable names from NWN 1. I got so far into one module before I had to quit, it got too buggy and unplayable. I don't put the fault with the creator either, I'm sure it has a lot to do with NWN2 still being buggy at it's core. At least the campaigns are playable though.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 03:51:02 PM »
I really enjoyed NWN2. Much better than NWN in terms of story, way worse though in terms of multiplayer lol. Mask of the Betrayer was very good.