Author Topic: Quotes!  (Read 71150 times)

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Quotes!
« Reply #180 on: April 13, 2008, 10:42:47 PM »
Well you must have a broken one, because mine is silent. And Mo, I didn't pay 600 bucks for a piece of shit system with no games. :p
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2008, 01:31:14 AM »
You mean $399 cause that's how much a PS3 costs.  What games am I missing?

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2008, 02:36:51 AM »
Uncharted vs Lost Oddesy - Ps3 Win
Resistance vs Halo - Ps3 Win

Oh man, we're really missing out ^^

My only regret is the half broken Lespaul guitars that the PS3 gets with GH3. On that note, Rock Band is a lot of fun and in my opinion probably overall a better multiplayer game than Guitar Hero.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2008, 10:19:05 PM »
CoD4? Shit, I haven't played it in almost two weeks now. I bought a few games a couple weeks ago, been busy with those. You know it's on for this weekend though. If all I need to do is play a game for a chance to win prizes, even if it's a lie and I'll enjoy playing the game anyway, shit I'm doing it! I better get the grand prize though, I can't accept anything less than the best, of course. CoD4 kicks ass, I haven't found a shooter I like better than it yet, but I just got my 360 only a couple months ago, so I've yet to play many. Of course I've played all of the Halo's, can't say it's my favorite shooter. I've got Rainbow Six Vegas 2, but I've played little of it, it's sweet, but I can't see how the online play will be able to compare with CoD4.

360 loud? My friend's makes it sound like he's mowing the lawn, but his is a piece of shit. My elite is quiet as hell, it's only louder now that I attached a cooling system to it's ass with three fans on it. It's still not nearly as loud as my friend's is.

I'm waiting for Saints Row 2 to come out, and GTA: IV is at our doorstep. I'll get them both when I have the chance. Good thing for you guys with PS3's that Saints Row 2 is coming out on PS3 as well, cause the first one kicks ass.

I know you guys secretely love the 360 though, if only because it keeps me off the forum. Ahahaha!

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: April 16, 2008, 10:56:03 PM »
360 must have a web browser.  I'm sure you can still come online here.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2008, 09:59:35 PM »
Oh, it has nothing to do with *ability* to come on. My computer is right along the wall behind me when I'm playing 360 and both have internet. I'm just too lazy to turn on the computer if I'm playing games. I usually do one thing at a time anyway, so I don't switch between games often unless I've already beat the piss out of them all. I stick to one thing at a time usually and so I don't often go on the Xbox and computer both within the day. Then when I get home I just want to sit down and relax, so I usually want to play a game. Besides that, I like to post alot, so if I go on the computer to post, I am unlikely to be getting back to whatever game I was playing until I'd be ready for bed anyway. Never enough time to do everything, it sucks.

Summary: Lazy.

Today though, my fiance is with my parents, grandma and neice, visiting my sister and her few-week-old child. (I don't feel like counting, screw you.) So instead of just doing one thing I'm doing pretty much nothing, played a little CoD4, tried watching tv, listened to some music, made some posts, and that's pretty much it. *wave*

P.S. Why the fuck would I want to browse the web on my Xbox? I bought it for games, shiiit. lol.

Isn't this a quote thread? Hmm....

Quote from: HeLLMasteRHeLL
Quote from: Mo
Why the fuck would I want to browse the web on my Xbox? I bought it for games, shiiit.

Look, it's even to the point! Unlike myself.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: January 01, 2009, 01:05:49 AM »
"Heh, your mom gave me a hug."
"She drunk?"
"Yeah."

I was looking over this topic when my fiance and I had that dialogue, so I quoted it. lol.

"Common sense the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." - Albert Einstein

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2009, 10:58:01 PM »
"Touch my awesome button." - Captain Dynamic!

http://www.roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=589
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2009, 03:31:02 PM »
"You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough." - Pearl Something lol

" I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman where the Self Help section was. She said if she told me it would defeat the purpose. " - Dennis Miller
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2009, 06:05:00 PM »
I went down to the bank to pay my rent today and had this exchange with a bank teller:

420: "Do you have the time?"

Bank Teller: "Right now?"

If it wasn't for the sincere look on his face I would have assumed it was an April Fools joke.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: June 12, 2009, 08:26:30 PM »
The son of the racist that killed a Holocaust museum guard had this to say about his father's actions (I couldn't have said it better myself):
"For the extremists who believe my father is a hero: it is imperative you understand what he did was an act of cowardice."

"To physically force your beliefs onto others with violence is not brave, but bullying. Doing so only serves to prove how weak those beliefs are. It is simply desperation, reminiscent of a temper tantrum when a child cannot get his way."

-Erik von Brunn

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: June 12, 2009, 10:52:52 PM »
That's perfect. I've read a couple of articles on the topic but none of them had that quote.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2009, 08:48:14 PM »
"Well, I'm half Jewsih, on my mother's side."
"Why didn't you say something earlier?"
"That's just not something you say to a heavily armed Christian."

-Patsy and King Arthur, Spamalot.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: March 23, 2010, 12:01:25 AM »
"Freedom is always and exclusively freedom for the one who thinks differently." - Rosa Luxemburg

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: July 04, 2010, 02:19:26 PM »
This quote is from the newest Sam & Max game when you examine a certain computer:

"This thing does science so hard, you say 'I've never seen that much science.' and it's all 'Check this out.' and then BOOM, more science."
-Sam, Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse, Episode 1: Penal Zone
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 02:22:05 PM by 420 »

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #195 on: July 14, 2010, 11:11:31 PM »
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs. Like bailing out a sinking ship with a thimble most days."
-Minister Malack, Order of the Stick

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0735.html

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2011, 08:13:01 PM »
Dictum sapienti sat est.
"A word to the wise is sufficient"

I really like this quote, I use it when people ramble on and on trying to explain something to me when I already understand.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: May 07, 2011, 04:04:36 PM »
I was reading a news article and I saw this:
The UN special rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, Christof Heyns, and the special rapporteur on the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms while countering terrorism, Martin Scheinin, have raised a similar concern.

I mean how big are these guys' business cards?!?! Probably have to turn them over a couple times to get the full job title.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: May 10, 2011, 01:47:04 AM »
"Age is not an accomplishment, and youth is not a sin." - Methuselah's Children (1958) Robert A. Heinlein

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: January 17, 2013, 03:17:14 AM »
"Are you using our tracking terminal to play Civilization?! (exasperated sigh) I hope you are at least going for a military victory."
-Random taunt from the base lackey while viewing the situation room in Xcom.