Author Topic: Subnautica  (Read 7197 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Subnautica
« on: June 25, 2016, 07:20:40 PM »
This game is awesome as shitballs. (okay, more awesome than that, but let's pretend shitballs are awesome)

It's still early access, but the devs are actively working on it and making patches, and the game is great as it is in it's current incarnation, even.

It's on sale right now, not sure for how much, but this game is sweet even for people who are terrified of deep ocean/sea exploration. :P

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: Subnautica
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 01:16:02 PM »
Hmm can you describe the game? Also, I'm looking for a good open-world,fantasy genre, but not Witcher. Any suggestions? I saw the new Zelda coverage and now I want to play another open-world.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 01:24:08 PM »
haha Oculus support.....

Do you have one?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 03:43:50 AM »
Unfortunately, not as of yet.... but god... I want to feel the terror, I hope to use it with this game someday and wear shorts so I can't piss myself.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 03:56:01 AM »
You're basically on some mining space vessel that enters the orbit of a large ocean planet that has virtually no landmass. The planet has and sustains life, and there have been other vessels in it's orbit in the past. Something goes wrong, and your vessel goes down, you enter a lifepod and escape. When you land on the ocean surface, you are in your lifepod, upon exiting, can see the spaceship in the distance. You have a short amount of time before an explosion occurs on the spaceship, flushing radiation into surrounding waters. Most games, the lifepod will be out of range of the radiation and you will have no worries, but swimming in the direction of the ship can kill you. You have to survive, catch and eat small fish and drink filtered water. You start with very little for tools, but the nearby environment is always "safe shallows" where you are relatively safe for the most part from hostile sea creatures and can find nearby resources to begin crafting tools inside your lifepod's fabricator. You find blueprints for new equipment, gear, and submersibles as you go along, and within a short time obtain what is needed to make the beginnings of a sea base. This is useful for too many reasons to count, but as you progress, you have to go further out into different kinds of biomes to find different kinds of blueprints for gear and building modules, etc. but also for different resources you can't simply find in the safe shallows. Within a short time you can make a radiation suit to swim in radiated waters, allowing you to make your way to the vessel, and even stop the radiation at some point, allowing you to use a different type of suit with other benefits. There are tons of biomes, resources, places to explore, sea creatures to fear, and items to find and craft. Not too mention building a sweet sea base.

Early on you can basically get the atv of the ocean, which you can further upgrade later on for a faster version, and also a say, automobile of the ocean before long, and eventually the RV of the ocean, a submarine called the cyclops. There is a lot to explore and do, with depths going from 0 surface to -1000, much of it very impossible without the creation of vehicles.

I can't say much in lacking support for this game, it's pretty darn cool, take a look for yourself.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 10:36:55 AM »
Well I got it! Haven't played yet.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 05:38:36 AM »
Sweet, hope you enjoy it as much as I do. All these sales I want to pick some new games up as well, but I'm broke right now, haha. Sucks.