Author Topic: Town of Salem  (Read 3888 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Town of Salem
« on: November 28, 2015, 12:23:02 PM »
Town of Salem is interesting in it's own right, and different from the standard. One of those games you can pick up and put down basically whenever, in between games or during long ones, etc. Or at least, that's my experience. Only $5 usually, $3.34 right now. That's if you get it on Steam, otherwise you can play on your browser for free just by visiting the website.

It's a game based on deception. Basically you want to try and get other players to believe you, whether you're telling the truth or not.

If anyone makes an account, please let them know SoulSojourner referred you.

I made a Facebook post about this one. I'll re-post that here.

Town of Salem is an investigative multiplayer game, based around a town filled with deception. It is incredibly fun, and very affordable on Steam, if that is your preferred gaming application. Otherwise, you can easily visit their website at http://www.blankmediagames.com/ to create an account and begin playing.

Discuss, put people on trial, vote, and lynch during the day.
There are various roles for good guys, bad guys, and people who fit in-between. There's the normal town-members, who are all on the same team, but start the game not knowing who anybody else is. Town members have investigative roles, protective roles, support roles, and killing roles. For example, an Investigator, a Doctor, a Medium, a Spy, or a Veteran. The town wins when all of the bad guys are dead.

There's a Mafia, and they start out knowing who their own members are. There are some bad guys they can win with, but they mostly want everyone else dead. They conspire in private at night, deciding who to kill, blackmail, distract, and so on.
There are other bad guy roles that usually work independently. Arsonists, who douse people in gas at night, and then light them all on fire. Serial killers who sneak into people's houses and murder them. Werewolves, vampires, and more.

There are neutral roles too. The witch controls people at night. The Jester tries to get the town members to lynch him, and then haunts them at night when they do. The executioner tries to get a certain town-member killed. The survivor just tries to survive until the end.

There are so many more roles, and each with their own purpose. Instead of having an "in-game" system determine how good your character does at the game, -you- decide how good you do using your own investigative skills and reasoning. Discussing with other players and trying to figure out who is on your side and who is not, how to survive, or how to kill them. wink emoticon
I've been playing from time to time for months now. I love this game.

Check it out!
Please let them know that SoulSojourner referred you. Thanks!