Author Topic: Patch 2.3.0  (Read 9177 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Patch 2.3.0
« on: June 23, 2015, 06:57:01 PM »
Holy crap! Blizzard is adding a ton of new shit in 2.3.0.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19802338/patch-230-ptr-preview-6-23-2015

Just some highlights:

New Zone: Ruins of Sescheron
In Patch 2.3.0, the frozen wasteland that is the Ruins of Sescheron will open for exploration. Here you'll face off against strange new enemies and perilous environmental hazards, all while unearthing new mysteries from the lore of the mighty Barbarians. Those brave enough to make it through in one piece will discover curious new points of interest, including the lost Tomb of King Kanai and his ultimate treasure-Kanai's Cube.

New Artifact: Kanai's Cube
Those who played Diablo II might remember the Horadric Cube, a unique device which allowed you to combine items. Useful as it was, it was easily surpassed in power by the item from which it originated, Kanai's Cube. In Patch 2.3.0, players will be able to discover this powerful ancient relic and utilize its incredible potential, including the ability to break down Legendary items and equip their special effects as passive skills (which are separate from your other passive skills), convert crafting materials from one type to another, and so much more.

Crafting System Updates
For those who eagerly gather crafting materials on their journey to level 70, we've got good news you'll especially enjoy. Starting in Patch 2.3.0, the same crafting mats you use at max level will be available as you level up! We've also crunched down the number of crafting recipes, making the process easier and more fluid than ever as your results now dynamically adjust to your character's level. Whether you're bashing skulls on the highest difficulty or have just started your career and killed your first Champion or Elite pack, your crafting mats will never go to waste.

New Difficulty Levels
As players continue to discover powerful new gear, the current hardest difficulty level-Torment VI-can begin to feel less challenging. To help keep hardened battle veterans on their toes, we're adding four new Torment levels with appropriate reward rates, including Torment X. We'll be iterating on these new difficulties and rewards as the PTR progresses, so we look forward to hearing your feedback!

More stuff and also new legendary and set items.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 07:02:27 PM by 420 »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: Patch 2.3.0
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 10:36:10 PM »
Glad to see that game continue to improve.  I don't think I'll be able to ever get back into it though. Been trying to play the Witcher 2 lately.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 11:07:02 AM »
I actually played the trial version recently and had a lot of fun (especially since the voice actress for the female wizard is Grey Griffin, who voices Azula in Avatar: The Last Airbender), now if only my wallet could catch up so I could just buy it already.... :p

I snagged Witchers 1&2 from a Steam sale a while ago, but I couldn't get into the first one, so I never gave the second one a try.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 11:12:37 AM »
I actually played the trial version recently and had a lot of fun (especially since the voice actress for the female wizard is Grey Griffin, who voices Azula in Avatar: The Last Airbender), now if only my wallet could catch up so I could just buy it already.... :p

I snagged Witchers 1&2 from a Steam sale a while ago, but I couldn't get into the first one, so I never gave the second one a try.

Trial of Witcher 3? (sorry for off topic! lol).

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 11:39:41 AM »
Trial version of D3 :p (on topic, or at least on forum)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 11:28:28 PM »
Trial version of D3 :p (on topic, or at least on forum)
You mean the PTR (Public Test Realm)?

I used to try that but basically its a waste of time unless you are a hardcore contributor to analyzing and balancing mechanics.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 01:49:15 PM »
No, it was this. You can play up through defeating the Skeleton King. I think they had a similar demo for D2.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 11:33:07 AM »
No, it was this. You can play up through defeating the Skeleton King. I think they had a similar demo for D2.

Oh right, I completely forgot that existed.