Author Topic: Sword Coast Legends  (Read 7416 times)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Sword Coast Legends
« on: February 12, 2015, 10:37:50 PM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/12/new-dungeons-and-dragons-game-sword-coast-legends-coming-in-2015

New DnD based game coming. Look like it could be interesting with the option to have someone be the real time DM.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sword Coast Legends
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 11:41:37 AM »
I like the graphics. Too bad there's no toolset/world building. I may play it just because I liked the Baldur's Gate series.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 12:21:53 PM »
It sounds like there may be some limited ability to create on your own, just not necessarily a full toolset with scripting. I'm curious how the DMing will work without bogging down the pace of the game.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 04:14:46 PM »
It sounds like there may be some limited ability to create on your own, just not necessarily a full toolset with scripting. I'm curious how the DMing will work without bogging down the pace of the game.
Probably similar to the DMFI Wands and Widgets which we incorporated into the CEP at one point.

Basically you plan out the adventure, figure out what encounters there should be, then just set the creatures/npcs for the widget. Selecting the creatures involved opening a special area in the toolset and placing the creatures you want for various encounters in different rooms. I'm sure it will be something much more simple, like selecting from a menu.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 05:44:55 PM »
Has anyone tried this? The reviews on steam are mixed.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 12:51:08 PM »
No, I've been busy with Wolfenstein: Old Blood (but like with New Order I can't kill the final boss). Then Diablo 3 had a big patch that added a new area and Kanai's Cube, which is a huge game changer. And on November 10 Fallout 4 comes out, so I'll be busy with that for awhile.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 11:50:17 AM »
I Wish Listed it.  I just installed Pillars of Eternity, an Obsidian developed Infinity Engine (or at least it looks like it) game.  Just played 20 mins or so.

After that there's Divity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition.  I played the regular edition a year ago, quite a good RPG if you ask me.  Then I may take a look at the DnD one.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 04:55:35 PM »
Same. I'm currently have fun with Warhammer: Vermintide. It's a first person co-op game focused on meelee combat against hordes of enemies while completing missions. It's got RPG elements, but is pretty light on story. the missions are quite fun though.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 06:34:52 PM »
Sword Coast Legends is free this Thursday 10am PST through next Tuesday 10am PST. Does anyone want to try it out together?

(The game will also be discounted to $19.99 for a brief period immediately after.)