Author Topic: Damn Weather  (Read 6210 times)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Damn Weather
« on: February 08, 2015, 01:42:21 PM »
The Boston area is gearing up for our fourth snowstorm in two weeks, with a fifth coming on Thursday. This is what we have already. The mound on the corner of the driveway is getting up to my neck. Actually starting to get a bit frustrated with it all... :p

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Damn Weather
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 04:38:23 PM »
The Boston area is gearing up for our fourth snowstorm in two weeks, with a fifth coming on Thursday. This is what we have already. The mound on the corner of the driveway is getting up to my neck. Actually starting to get a bit frustrated with it all... :p
To quote my step-father who grew up in Boston and settled in California: "I will never live in a place that has seasons again."

Tell me, do you shovel the driveway only to have the snow plow pile it back in?

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 11:59:20 PM »
We've mostly been staying in, because it keeps coming in large enough sums that it not worth going out the day it hits, so by time we get out there to shovel the plows have gone by. Also, I stand corrected, since I actually went out today: the mound on the corner is taller than me.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 10:52:36 AM »
Well here in Montreal we haven't had snow storms but the arctic wind keeps our temps down to around -20-30 every damn day.  This winter has been terrible.

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 07:09:00 PM »
I've been hiking just about every weekend in the Whites.  The weekend I didn't go because of the weather was the same weekend a hiker died on the northern Presidentials.