Author Topic: Legendary Gems  (Read 6345 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Legendary Gems
« on: October 06, 2014, 03:29:36 PM »
I decided to test out one of the Legendary Gems that dropped for me recently. These are new items added in a recent patch (2.1?) and can only be socketed into rings and amulets.

The one I decided to test was Taeguk Link

Gain 0.5% increased damage for 3 seconds after spending primary resource. This effect stacks up to 20 times.

Gain 0.5% increased Armor for every stack. (Requires Rank 25)

I tested it by removing an Imperial Topaz (+100 Intelligence) from my cold wizard.

Here are the results:

With Imperial Topaz: 519,898 damage

With Taeguk (0 charges): 512,970 damage

With Taeguk (3 charges): 520,665 damage

With Taeguk (20 charges): 564,268 damage

It's very easy to keep the stack at 20 during battle, especially with a wizard who's resources replenish so quickly.

Conclusion: Seems like this is going to work out just fine.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Legendary Gems
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 09:14:16 PM »
I've tried that one on my wizard too but took it out since it does not work in archon mode which I use half of the time. Naturally this is because archon does not use resource. I like the Wreath of Lighting gem, it kicks out a lot of extra damage so long as you can get plenty of AoE hits on multiple targets. Against a single enemy, it does not proc so often. I really like the new gems not just because they can be upgraded but each one's power can really make you stop and think about how you can best put it to use.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Legendary Gems
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 09:39:02 PM »
I've tried that one on my wizard too but took it out since it does not work in archon mode which I use half of the time. Naturally this is because archon does not use resource.

Oh fuck! That's harsh.