Author Topic: Cover me!  (Read 8114 times)

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
Cover me!
« on: August 14, 2014, 02:10:03 AM »
I'm moving on towards printing a book and in my consultation with the printer I was told that the next step I really needed to do was figure out what I wanted the cover to be like. So as a package I need not only to deliver my stories but also a face for them as I would like to see it. I have been looking around at some art and found a few things I like and have been thinking of titles too. Tell me what you think pretty please! And if you have suggestions let me know.
The book will be a collection of  new fairy tales in classic style. Main characters of each story can do some kind of magic. Each one has the classic boy meets girl romance and things go wrong subplot.
 Title possibilities: Magic Tales, Wonder Tales, The Old Wizard's Book, Ways of Wonder (meh), Magical Destinies (more like a poetry book IMO), Tales from the Forest's Edge, Tales of Long Ago, From Times of Mist and Magic...

And now cover possibilities: They may require some more shopwork.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 02:23:50 AM by cuchulann »
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: Cover me!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 10:18:20 AM »
Neat. Good luck!

Well I'm kida biased towards wooded scenes.  I like the foggy forest stairway picture.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 07:13:15 PM »
I am more biased to water and whatnot, and yet I still agree with Mo on the forest stairway! Definitely.

Also for the title, Tales from the Forest's Edge definitely sounds the best imo, it also fits with the pic as a bonus.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 08:14:19 PM »
I am more biased to water and whatnot, and yet I still agree with Mo on the forest stairway! Definitely.

Also for the title, Tales from the Forest's Edge definitely sounds the best imo, it also fits with the pic as a bonus.
I was going to say the exact same thing then Hell said it first. Bad Hell!

Anyway, yeah, the stairs with the title Tales from the Forest's Edge seems most appropriate.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 11:42:53 AM »
I was going to say the exact same thing then Hell said it first. Bad Hell!

Anyway, yeah, the stairs with the title Tales from the Forest's Edge seems most appropriate.

Sometimes the little devil tells me to do things. *shrug* (OOPS, sorry little devil...)

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 11:08:30 PM »
Thanks for the input. I'm working on phase 2 putting the name and image together. Any second choices?
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition