Author Topic: Diablo 1 HD Mod  (Read 13247 times)

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Diablo 1 HD Mod
« on: July 06, 2014, 06:10:30 AM »
I'm playing through the single player beta.  It has a lot of new features and higher resolutions.  The site was down at the time of these posting but I've also included a D3 thread that mentions it:

http://mod.diablo1.eu.org/

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9751025509

Diabo 1 Mod HD

Project Codename: Beelzebub

Beelzebub, the code name for the project modifications, which will grow probably the best mod for Diablo 1 . The project is in the phase of Closed Beta. Below is a short video, showing some of the game's features.

Some features fashion:

Enhanced resolution
Improved Interface
Improved gameplay
4 character classes: Warrior, Paladin, Rogue, Barbarian, while in the foreground there are two classes: the Assassin and Necromancer
New tasks
New locations
New Monsters
New spells and abilities
New items
204 unique items
28 sets and 105 items zestawowych
170 crafting recipes
Installation

To install a fashion, simply extract the archive into the game Diablo 1 Mod requires the installed library openAL, which is located in the archive of the modem. The game run a file called Belzebub.exe. Remember that mod requires a mounted plate with the game Diablo 1 in the CD / DVD.

Presumptive requirements

Processor: 1.0 GHz
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 256 RAM, with support for OpenGL 2.0
Free disk space: 10 MB
Sound: OpenAL library required (This file can be acquired by running the installer included with the game files)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Diablo 1 HD Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 12:32:41 PM »
Heh, looks interesting. It's funny how you always remember old game looking better than they did.

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 07:51:50 AM »
So far it's well balanced.  There's an abundance of magic items to support the crafting system which would be better if you could carry more and not have to salvage so many high priced items for the important "arcane tokens".  I'd rather sell the high priced items and salvage lower quality ones to get a better return on my loot.
I'm coming up on level 30 and haven't finished Normal, in comparison on the vanilla I'm not even level 25 and I could easily take out Diablo in Normal.  Maybe I'm too chicken but level 16 is a bitch.  For rogues to use spells at this point is just inefficient unless you want 0 AC and get tooled by the charging warriors.

I think they should bring back dropping all your gear when you die.  Some of my most intense moments were trying to get my gear back and with the proliferation of items in this version getting up to "gear" is just enough of an inconvenience and it brings back the excitement of finding items.  Also there's a shit load of PERMANENT storage space so it's easy enough to keep extra gear on hand if you did die and lost your equipment   Right now if you die you lose some percentage of gold.  I've stopped carrying all of my gold on me so death is without much consequence which leaves the game more of a grind rather than a challenge.

A digital download for D1 is long over due and if it weren't for games like D1 I'd get a new computer without a CD drive.
How many of you use your CD drive?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 11:48:21 AM »
A digital download for D1 is long over due and if it weren't for games like D1 I'd get a new computer without a CD drive.
How many of you use your CD drive?

Used the DVD drive to install Wolfenstein The New Order a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I didn't read that it requires a 64 bit OS and I got Win 7 32 bit. Whoops.