Author Topic: Theorycraft Thursday  (Read 6055 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Theorycraft Thursday
« on: April 30, 2014, 05:04:36 PM »
Link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13813405/welcome-to-theorycraft-thursday-4-17-2014

Blizzard is doing a sort of community spotlight deal where you can submit your builds and if they choose you then, uh, shit happens I guess.

Anyway, link is above, here are the basics:

How to Participate:

Interested? Awesome! To participate, just send an e-mail to TheorycraftThursday@blizzard.com with the following information:

The name, if any, of your build. (If you don't have one, I am not completely responsible for the lame pun your build may wind up being associated with.)

The mode in which you use this build. (Normal, Hardcore, or dare I say... Seasons?) Feel free to mention what difficulty you play on too!

Which skills, runes, and passives you use. A link to your build using the Skill Calculator would also be appreciated.

A screenshot of and/or a link to your character profile. (If you only submit a link to your character profile but not a screenshot, please do not change your skills until you've received a confirmation e-mail that we've received your submission.)

The names of any items or Legendaries that help this build flourish. If it doesn't focus on a build-changing Legendary, that's cool too - just let us know!

What this build does best. Do you use this build primarily for doing Bounties? Or do you use it for playing Campaign Mode?  Whether you're taking on Infernal Machines or doing a bit of everything, be sure to specify!

What makes this build AWESOME. Does it showcase big crits, or is it great at clearing large packs? Maybe it's super mobile, or features supreme survivability?

Two to three screenshots of your build in action!

I submitted Frostillicus. Here are the screenshots I took:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: Theorycraft Thursday
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 10:33:37 AM »
I've tried to get back into D3 but wasn't working.  How's the new expansion?  I might give it another try.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Theorycraft Thursday
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 11:33:04 AM »
I've tried to get back into D3 but wasn't working.  How's the new expansion?  I might give it another try.
The expansion is great. Adventure mode is a great end game since you can just do a couple bounties for some xp, gold, rift tokens, and blood shards, or you can do all 5 bounties in an act for a reward box (basically a resplendent chest drop) so friends can just pop in for a few bounties if they don't have a lot of time to play. Loot 2.0 makes it so that you end up replacing all your items pretty quickly. The new level 61 skills rock (I'm using them all, across my various characters).

I think the best thing is that, since creatures scale to the level of the player that makes the game, you end up leveling a lot faster because, no matter where you are in the campaign, the creatures are never way too high a level or way too low. That means you don't have to search for an optimal place to farm because you never profess faster in the storyline than you leveled. (Which is a problem I constant ran into before the expansion.)