Author Topic: Borderlands 2 Crashing  (Read 4730 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Borderlands 2 Crashing
« on: December 29, 2013, 01:18:22 PM »
I got Borderlands 2 GotY for Christmas but it crashes every time I get to a certain point. On my way to Captain Flynt while fighting his minions below the dragon ship. I updated my video drivers and even tried switching from my Sound Blaster card to the motherboard's sound card but it still crashes near the same area every time.

Anyone hear of this problem or have suggestions that I haven't tried?

I will hunt down Santa and impale his fat ass if my present is broken.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Borderlands 2 Crashing
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 03:13:18 PM »
Fixed the problem. Turns out a lot of people with NVidia cards have this problem. In the graphics setting if PhysX is set to medium or high it crashes at random times. Setting it to low fixes the problem but you lose some visual effects like ooze pooling on the ground.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: Borderlands 2 Crashing
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 07:40:06 PM »
I've had less and less of these odd game problems recently.  I buy most of my games through Steam and find that they just work with no odd problems.

The last game that presented itself with a problem like this was D3.  I had to downgrade my video drivers by 2 years of releases to get it to play correctly.

I'm using AMD video cards and will be getting a new AMD video card very soon as I'm building myself a new PC (retiring my old one after 7 years of service).  I think AMD is the best choice right now because their tech will be every console.  They are also developing a new 3D API to rival MS and Direct3D's monopoly.