Author Topic: elder scrolls online  (Read 5323 times)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
elder scrolls online
« on: August 23, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »
I was actually very interested in this until they revealed recently that it's going to be subscription based, which I can't really afford....they are actually giving the first thirty days free, but after that it's $15/month. Sad day! What's everyone else think?

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-elder-scrolls-online/artikel/www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-elder-scrolls-online/artikel/the_elder_scrolls_online,44578,3026853.html

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: elder scrolls online
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 07:31:37 AM »
Pretty excited to be honest. Really wanted to get in the beta. But I've given up hope of that lol.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 02:20:32 AM »
Subscription? Are they drunk? Subs MMOs are dead. F2P digital goods is the way to go...morons.

For me to consider, it will have to be a godly game.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 02:22:44 AM by Mo »

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 06:28:44 PM »
After playing so much of Skyrim, looking back, I feel like all the bugs clouded over the game play.  The redundant monsters and cookie cut dungeons and the lack of puzzles, the unbalanced sneak system, makes me wonder if ESO is going to be as bad.
 Plus the setting of the world looks like a hodge-podge of different worlds -  not the one that got my attention in ESV which was very acute and decisive.
But I'm not loyal to the franchise either so I don't really know the look of the earlier games or if this is typical.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 08:14:52 PM »
After playing so much of Skyrim, looking back, I feel like all the bugs clouded over the game play.  The redundant monsters and cookie cut dungeons and the lack of puzzles, the unbalanced sneak system, makes me wonder if ESO is going to be as bad.
 Plus the setting of the world looks like a hodge-podge of different worlds -  not the one that got my attention in ESV which was very acute and decisive.
But I'm not loyal to the franchise either so I don't really know the look of the earlier games or if this is typical.
That's exactly why I never played the Elder Scrolls series. The only one I tried was the second one, Daggerfall, and it was so bug ridden and the quests were so shitty that I refused to ever buy another Elder Scrolls title. Apparently I was right to think they would never fix the core problems with the game.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 01:23:46 PM »
Gameplay is not why one plays Elder Scrolls.  It does not have good gameplay.  It has bugs (though in my playthrough of Skyrim nothing broken), it is unbalanced (fucking easy game as hell) and in fact the story is mediocre.

Seems like a game for the bargain bin.  But nope. Elder Scrolls endures solely on the back of the incredible immersive and rich sandbox of a world it drops you into.  Especially using the Steam Workshop mod system it is hard to break immersion in Elder Scrolls, something that cannot be said of most games.  I do agree with Meclar that the cookie cutter dungeons are a bit disappointing....especially since there are 100s of them..but otherwise I spent 200 enjoyable hours in there.

What would I like to see in the next game? Well a way to disable opponents instead of just sneaking by them or killing them...At one point in the game I started to become self concious on the sheer number of women I've slaughtered...I tried hard to avoid killing them but it's not easy in Skyrim lol.  Also more monster diversity would be nice.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:27:00 PM by Mo »