Author Topic: Saints Row IV  (Read 11296 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Saints Row IV
« on: August 08, 2013, 02:10:30 PM »
Don't know why I didn't create a topic for this earlier.

Saints Row IV will be released on 8/20/13 (ten days before my birthday!) and I've preorded two copies for Throbblefoot and I. You get a special weapon, vehicle (jet), and outfit if you preorder.

Also, the Saints Row IV Inauguration Station is available on Steam on Tuesday so download it now and create your presidential saint. Or import your Saints Row The Third character!

Preorder the game here.

Sweet.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Saints Row IV
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:22:44 PM »
Already pre-ordered mine from Amazon for the 360. (Since I own all of the other Saints Row games on the 360)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 09:03:29 PM »
Throbble and I have both taken tomorrow off work. I just went the grocery store and the liquor store to stock up on provisions. Got a fresh batch of medicinal herbs. (Yes, we both have prescriptions.)

I plan to get to Best Buy at 10 am, when they open, and get our two pre-order copies of Saints Row IV.

Then it's time to "strap it on"!

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 10:57:18 AM »
The game's a foot!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 03:13:52 PM »
Throbble and I played all day yesterday and had a ton of fun. You get your first two super powers (super run and super jump) during the introduction/tutorial and you can work on upgrading them right away.

Virtual Steelport is really trippy because the simulation has graphics glitches. So, sometimes you'll see the brick walls melting. Actually reminded me of being on acid.

There are a ton of different weapons, each of which has three different skins.

I'll post more details after a play a bit more.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 09:42:10 AM »
It's like the Matrix meets Prototype, mix in a little crack and some wtf and you got Saints Row 4.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 10:58:47 AM »
It's like the Matrix meets Prototype, mix in a little crack and some wtf and you got Saints Row 4.
Sweet.

Throbble and I got the Season Pass on Wednesday. It gives you two bonus missions (one which will be released when it's done) and the Rectifier, which is the anal probe weapon.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 04:41:42 AM »
I hooked up the season pass as well, it's Saints Row, how can you not? lol

Hey for everyone interested in trying Saints Row out, GameFly has a bad ass promotion right now you can buy Saints Row 2 for really cheap on the PC, you can also get Saints Row 3 by itself for super cheap or with all the dlc for a couple dollars more. The first Saints Row was an Xbox 360 exclusive and 4 just came out so it's still full price for now.

Check it out: http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/promotion/367

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 05:48:35 PM »
I hooked up the season pass as well, it's Saints Row, how can you not? lol

Hey for everyone interested in trying Saints Row out, GameFly has a bad ass promotion right now you can buy Saints Row 2 for really cheap on the PC, you can also get Saints Row 3 by itself for super cheap or with all the dlc for a couple dollars more. The first Saints Row was an Xbox 360 exclusive and 4 just came out so it's still full price for now.

Check it out: http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/promotion/367
Interesting, I thought Saints Row 3 was the first to come out on PC. Wonder why I never heard of Saints Row 2 coming out on the PC. Anyway, some people prefer SR2 to SR3 and I've been wondering what that was about since SR3 is probably the most entertaining game I've ever played.

Maybe I'll check out SR2 after I play through SR4 three or four times.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 09:38:29 AM »
That is most likely because SR3 is when the series took a turn from serious and funny to all out fucked up funny.

Saints Row one had the classic style GTA character who doesn't talk. You actually spoke on 4 or 5 occasions only, once upon the victory of each gang (3 gangs) and once (twice maybe, can't remember for sure) upon winning the game. Each time you have a high pitched weird ass voice. In SR2 you got way more customization and your character started speaking. You could pick your voice, those choices were available in the next two in the series as well, but with more customization. But in SR2, while the game was still very funny, after being betrayed by your allies in the first one, you set out with a more serious tone to rebuild the gang which had since fallen apart while you were in a coma. In SR2 you're now the boss of the Saints and have to re-take Stilwater, for good this time. They thought you were "hard" in the first one, but in SR2 you're the ultimate badass with no mercy.

My personal opinion, I love the shit out of all of them, It's hard to pick a favorite, impossible really. I thought each time a new one came out that they just got better and better, but there are things that got lost along the way too. So, while I still believe that, it's easy to note things that were awesome in all of them that can't be a part of a newer one without taking away from what makes the new one good in a different way. If you understand my meaning.

Favorite weapon so far, 420?

Mine is definitely the Dubstep gun, although the 'Merica gun is also very badass. I actually received a physical toy copy of the Dubstep gun, it lights up on one side and has a laser point while the trigger is held, playing the dubstep song heard in game when using it. :D

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 09:45:54 AM »
Got you guys some pics.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 09:44:12 PM »
Favorite weapon so far, 420?
'merica gun is definitely my favorite as it just mows down wardens once you lower their shield. And the two modes, flamethrower or rocket launcher, makes it perfect for both close range and long range combat. However, it eats through ammo so fast that I find myself reserving it just for wardens.

Right now I'm defaulting to dual wielding SMGs. I love the variety of gun skins in SR4 which allows me dual wield tommy guns. Classic.

Got you guys some pics.
Nice, you went all out for the Collectors Edition I see.

Two new DLCs, the Presidential Pack and Grass Roots (Hillbilly) Pack, came out the day before my birthday so I bought copies for Throbble and I. You get the Beverly Hillbillies truck as a vehicle as well as various presidential masks and hick outfits. But I think the best new content is the plunger gun. It shoots out explosive plungers that stick to targets and then explodes like a Fart-in-a-Jar from SR3 I prefer it in place of the base RPG.

It also includes a couple new "Hillbilly" guns skins, one for the SMG and one for the shotgun. They are both makeshift in design. For instance, the Hillbilly SMG skin has a screwdriver as the front handle and a sardine can for a clip.

Below are a couple pics I took. The first is my new and improved Nameless One character taking out a gang of Genki. The second is Throbble and my multiplayer characters (my steampunk and her future soldier) that we imported from SR3. The future soldier outfit isn't in SR4 so Throbble had to get a new outfit and I decided to go a bit more presidential with my steampunk.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 08:43:04 PM »
Throbble and I beat Saint Row IV on Sunday and I must say it's a pretty cool story and I have my theories about where they will go with the storyline if there is a sequel.

After Throbble and I played for 3 straight days (we both took Friday off) we decided to take a break before working on our single player characters. Wouldn't you know it, Steam offered a free DLC just for one day (Tuesday) and there was no announcement on the Saints Row web site. So, GAT TV is going to cost us each $2.99. Which isn't a big deal, I've tipped that much for a cup of coffee, but what really irks me is that I can't claim to be a super hard core Saints Row fan any more...

Anyway, here is a link to an article with trailers for the new GAT TV and Wild West DLCs: vg247.com article on new Saints Row DLCS

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 07:05:50 PM »
So, it turns out the DLC was named incorrectly on most sites. It's the "Gat V" (Gat 5) DLC.

I didn't bother with the cowboy one because it doesn't introduce any new weapons or vehicles. But the Gat V pack includes a gatling gun (I'm sure pun is intended) that shoots bowie knives!

I think this may be my favorite Saints Row gun ever. I was going to suggest they make a gun that shoots chainsaws, but this one will do nicely.

Right now, I'm close to finishing the game a second time, as single player, but I think I'll take a break from the main quest line and try to complete some of the challenges (like "kill x targets with the singularity cannon") because those challenges actually unlock new content like weapons, vehicles, and super power upgrades. Which is a pretty cool addition to challenges, when they used to just exist for bragging rights.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 07:52:31 PM »
I was going to suggest they make a gun that shoots chainsaws, but this one will do nicely.

Have you no decency sir!?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 01:10:45 AM »
I actually think I liked Saints Row 2 a little better. This one just went completely un-serious and it's cool that way, but I liked a little bit of seriousness in my game too.

I noticed when I bought it that it was published by Deep Silver instead of THQ who did the last 3. Just a fun fact.

Anyway, it's still awesome as fuck, I would just like to see the next one get a little bit more serious and bring some more difficulty back in. I like unlocking basically god mode towards the end of the game by doing main quests and side quests, instead of having it handed to me right away.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 12:55:50 PM »
Have you no decency sir!?

Does this answer your question?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 12:32:44 PM »
Well, the "Enter the Dominatrix" DLC was supposed to be released today but Volition just posted an announcement on Steam that says it won't be available until 2 am Pacific Oct 23.

Lame, Throbble and I took today off to play it!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 01:23:18 PM »
Merry Christmas from the Saints! (Yes that is a candy cane stripped dildo bat.)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 09:43:08 AM »
Did you completely lick through the candy cane bars sealing the door too?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2013, 12:03:50 PM »
Did you completely lick through the candy cane bars sealing the door too?
Throbble and I did together. She has a pic of it I think.