Author Topic: NiceHolstone - A Leggy Bombshell  (Read 4558 times)

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
NiceHolstone - A Leggy Bombshell
« on: April 20, 2013, 07:14:18 PM »
Nice Holstone
Named for the character Nice Holystone from the animated series Baccano. There were just not enough spaces to get the full name in D3. Nice is a girl who after a childhood injury from making explosives where she lost one eye and got third degree burns over half her body didnt learn her lesson. She is a bona fide bomb freak who keeps a last resort cherry bomb in the empty socket behind her eye patch.

Profile:   http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fogtreadder-1202/hero/27102715

Skills:  http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#PSYVUc!XgV!aYaZZc

Prefered weapon: Dual 1 Hand crossbows

Primary: Cluster Arrow / Dazzling Arrow
Secondary: Strafe / Rocket Storm

1: Caltrops / Hooked Spines
2: Preparation / Punishment
3: Grenades / Cluster Grenades
4: Rapid Fire / Bombardment

Passives: Night Stalker, Grenadier, Numbing Traps

Method: 
Open with a bang. Unload cluster arrows until the hatred is used up. If the mob is elite or especially large use punishment to reload the hatred and hit them again. Next start throwing out grenades all over the place. If they start getting too close or the fight gets too hot, throw down caltrops and evade with strafe. By this time hatred regen from grenades should be enough for short bursts of strafe. Alternating between grenades and strafe with the help of caltrops is pretty good at keeping a safe distance from most enemies but I also want to hit cluster arrow whenever I have enough hatred. Rapid fire, though very effective is kept in reserve for stunned or slow moving enemies and to take out magic support monsters like fallen shamans.

I put grenades on a number key to make it easier to use. By simply holding down the key I can then throw them without having to be locked onto a target. Thus I can quickly carpet bomb the area and even immediately attack anything that might try to sneak up from behind. With this and strafe I get two skills that can be used back to back which both can deal damage to large widespread groups without the need to get a target lock. This way Nice is a character that is just as effective if not more so in open areas than on narrow choke points.

Both cluster arrow and rapid fire with the bombardment rune are skills that can bypass any mob to hit a selected target. That means Nice does not have to kill all the weak minions first to get through to the shaman or elite that is just hanging back.

Optional skills:
I have just started using Preparation mixed with the passive Night Stalker to get some quick boosts to my hatred. It works well enough that I can get more Cluster Arrows out but since grenades do provide good hatred generation it is not necessary. I am also considering changing Numbing Traps for Ballistics to get more damage out of strafe. Right now she is near to finishing hell and can handle it at the higher MP settings. At inferno I shall try a few modifications to see how they perform.

This build was made just for a laugh but the combination of skills, high rate of fire and mobility makes this character pretty fun to play. That and everything Nice does ends in lots of explodey goodness!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 07:18:46 PM by cuchulann »
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition