Author Topic: WalaBingBang - Or the Dog and Chicken Show  (Read 5175 times)

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
WalaBingBang - Or the Dog and Chicken Show
« on: February 10, 2013, 04:41:07 AM »
    WalaBingBang.  Born Tang Wala to parents Wash and Bea. As a child he quickly took a liking to singing and soon joined the village boys choir where his piercing falsetto earned him a special placing apart from the rest of the sopranos and indeed apart from the entire choir, outside and down the road a ways. Although many called his singing gimmicky, annoying, and "Sounds like a trio of rodents being strangled," He soon earned the attention of the local fetish, pigmy, natives who started coming around to see what all the racket was about.
     In his teenage years he earned a bit of money while his voice was cracking for he could, with the power of his voice, call forth the long departed and beloved hounds of local farmers. People came within several yards of him to see him perform these miraculous shows. Soon Tang Wala had a following of fetish cultists and he added more flash and dash to his dog shows with a few magic acts. It was in this time that he changed his name to WalaBingBang as it sounded cooler.
     The WalaBingBang Show became the most popular act in all the jungle.  His high pitched songs, accompanied by the deep howls of undead hounds, shoulder shimmying dance moves, acts of fire bomb juggling, flashy displays of haunting spirits and acid storms, and even turning volunteers from the audience into chickens or pigs for a short time, took some of Sanctuary by storm. Alas his career ended when during a concert a massive fight broke out between two rival fan clubs, the OooEeeOoos and the AahAahTings. Although there were no casualties, to this day over half of those involved still lay eggs on a daily basis.
    Following the incident WalaBingBang began to roam Sanctuary looking for a new path. He found it one day when ambushed by a pack of fallen. He used all his stage magic skills to defend himself and just when he thought he would be overcome by the demons, a mass of fanatics, who secretly followed him, rushed out of the underbrush and helped him fight off his assailants. Today he travels all over with a motley entourage fighting the hordes of hell.

Primary: Fire Bomb, Flash Fire
Secondary: Acid Cloud, Slow Burn

1: Hex, Hedge Magic   
2: Haunt, Consuming Spirit
3: Sacrifice, Next of Kin
4: Fetish Army, Tiki Torchers

Passive: Fetish Sycophants, Circle of Life, Grave Injustice.

The core idea of this build is cheap damage. That is the ability to deal as much damage as possible without using resource power. Through the passive skills Fetish Sycophants and Circle of life I get summoned minions mana free. Sacrifice with next of kin helps to keep the zombie dogs on the ready. Hex and Haunt are mostly for the healing but Haunt mixed with Acid cloud makes for two DOT skills stacked. Flash Fire rune on Fire Bomb means that I can run more damage on a group of targets without having to concentrate on particular one since it auto targets the nearest monster. Its also fun to watch it hopping about like the leaping fountains at Disney World.  The Grave Injustice passive helps to cut down the cooldowns on Hex and Fetish Army. As this char has an item with a 20 yard pickup radius this makes Sacrifice, Fetish Army, Circle of Life, and Grave Injustice much more powerful.

Weakness: Most of the skills on WalaBingBang are AoE and they stack pretty well. This means that going against champs and elites with damage reflection is pretty much instant death.

Special: 101 Dalmatians
   This is a special tactic that eliminates large groups with ease. I first developed this when I had trouble getting past Iskatu at the start of act 4 on nightmare. I was overwhelmed by the sheer numbers against me. So with Circle of Life passive and Sacrifice Next of Kin I managed that once I had one dog out I could spam the sacrifice skill until everything was clear. Through this I got the Not in Vain and Hotdogging achivements. This works well even on act bosses so long as you enter the area with zombie dogs present. In such a case you may get multiple sacrifices blowing up in the boss's face before the odds go against you and you don't get any more respawns.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 02:01:57 PM by cuchulann »
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: WalaBingBang - Or the Dog and Chicken Show
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 11:40:51 AM »
I first developed this when I had trouble getting past Rakanoth at the start of act 4 on nightmare. I was overwhelmed by the sheer numbers against me.
Do you mean "Iskatu"?

Hilarious bio. Now that song is stuck in my head.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: WalaBingBang - Or the Dog and Chicken Show
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 02:02:47 PM »
Iskatu yes. Fixed it. I often mix those two up.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition