Author Topic: Tristam - Demon Hunter  (Read 4846 times)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Tristam - Demon Hunter
« on: August 13, 2012, 12:39:23 PM »
Bio: Treasure hunter Tristam makes his appearance in Diablo 3.  A master of ranged combat and stealth, Tristam excels at dishing out punishment before the enemy has a chance to react.  He then escapes from danger.  Tristam's main drive is finding treasure and that is reflected by his use of gear that provides MF bonuses.

Skills

Strategy: Achieve advantage by dealing massive DPS.  Stay alive by avoiding damage.  Tristam's skills and items are focused mainly on damage and avoiding death by escape.  Tristam's critical hits average 42k dmg, regular hits around 20k dmg.

Passive Skills:: Tristam deals most of his damage by using skills that need hatred, therefore Vengeance is used to boost hatred.  Critical bonuses is also important as the dmg is massive and Spray of Teeth distributes this dmg as AoE.  Sharpshooter is used to increase frequency of crits.  Tactical advantage is used to help escape.

Action Skills:  Tristam tries to deal as much damage to the enemy as quickly as possible.  His two main forms of attack are Frost Arrows and Rapid Fire.  Frost Arrows are particularly useful when enemies are in groups.  Successful Frost Arrow hits not only deal very good dmg but they also always split to hit nearby enemies no matter what angle they happen to be at.  These secondary hits also do very good dmg.  Tristam regularly kills groups of enemies in very few attacks using this method.

His secondary attack is Rapid Fire.  Used to slay a single large threat.  Rapid Fire is not useless against groups but is rather very useful in eliminating Elites and Bosses that typically have high HP and do not come in large groups.  Rapid Fire does a lot of damage very quickly.

Bat Companion is used to make sure Hatred is always high as Tristam is most dangerous with high Hatred.  The rest of his skills are defensive, Caltrops and Vault.

Weapon of Choice: Bows.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:42:32 PM by Mo »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tristam - Demon Hunter
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 07:02:59 PM »
Don't forget about Ferret Companion when you have to go back to Hell to farm gold so you can repair your high level equipment! (We should plan weekly Hell gold raids, maybe I'll make a special gold find character!)

Couple question regarding Vault:

With the Tumble rune, is it a one-time 50% reduction in discipline cost or is the reduction applied multiple times if you continue to vault? By that I mean does it cost 8 discipline the first time then 4, 2, then 1?

Also, I remember you using the Trail of Cinders rune with Vault. Why the switch?

(D'oh! Forgot to add weapon loadout to SuperPsych! Better do that now.)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: Tristam - Demon Hunter
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 07:23:40 PM »
Ah yes my lucky Ferrets...can't forget them!

No the Vault discipline cost reduction only occurs once right after the first Vault.  Trail of Cinders is pretty good actually but I tend to vault away before enemies get too close so I think being able to vault more often is more valuable then being able to damage as I vault away.