Author Topic: NWN Resources  (Read 24335 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN Resources
« on: July 26, 2012, 05:30:51 PM »
I'll try keep this topic up to date with links and information regarding running NWN.

Discussion forums for Neverwinter Nights 1
The main official resource for NWN information.

Installing NWN1 for Win7/vista including patch links for all OS.
Includes links to critical rebuilds for all versions of NWN and instructions on fixing various conflicts with modern hardware and software.

Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition for $9.99 from GoG
Support GoG! They update older games to run on newer systems!

Port Forwarding Guide
In order to host a NWN server some routers require you to open or "forward" the following UDP ports:
5120-5300

CEP Web Site (CEP v2.4a)
Link to the latest version and information regarding the CEP.

CEP Forums & NWVault CEP Page
It's been awhile since the CEP team has gotten together. (We used to meet on my server once a week.)

Neverwinter Nights Extender
"NWNX adds extra functionality such as SQL database support, additional scripting functions, performance monitoring and many other features to the games Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2"

Leto 1.69
Character file editor.
Neverwinter Color Tag Generator (Color text guide.)

420's Simple Bad Strref Item Property Filter
Use this to filter out hacked items.

420's Simple GS Item Filter (Posted by Elessar Telrunya)
For those of you who want to host a "legit" PvP server.

Hope to see you all online!

EDIT: 7/27/12 Added NWNX link.
EDIT: 7/31/12 Added Leto link
EDIT: 10/9/12 Added CEP link
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:12:30 PM by 420 »

Offline CraneNWN

• View Profile
Re: NWN Resources
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 06:32:10 PM »
Very helpful links thanks.

Was looking for something nwnx script related. And do you know if currently you serve a mod with nwnx content do the players need it as well to enter or no effect on players?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:35:10 PM by CraneNWN »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 09:17:24 PM »
     Was looking for something nwnx script related. And do you know if currently you serve a mod with nwnx content do the players need it as well to enter or no effect on players?
NWNX only needs to be server-side. No extra client downloads necessary. I don't know much about it myself.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 11:42:34 AM »
You need NWNX if you want to connect your mod with a backend database server.  GS was using that heavily while I was hosting it.  Actually that's the reason why I can't really put the mod back online.  I lost the database, so it is pretty much broken with out it :(

Offline CraneNWN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 04:27:18 PM »

Trying to figure out how to incorporate both of the filter's 420 posted and then to attach to a current On_ClientEnter script I already have. Basically all three scripts have a void main() at start so there is conflict and no compliement. Any idea guys? Thanks,

// Crane.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 05:57:41 PM »
Trying to figure out how to incorporate both of the filter's 420 posted and then to attach to a current On_ClientEnter script I already have. Basically all three scripts have a void main() at start so there is conflict and no compliement. Any idea guys? Thanks,

// Crane.

The easiest way would be to save the filters as separate scripts and execute them from the OnClientEnter module event.

Here is an example using the default script "x3_mod_def_enter":
Code: [Select]
//::///////////////////////////////////////////////
//:: Default On Enter for Module
//:: x3_mod_def_enter
//:: Copyright (c) 2008 Bioware Corp.
//:://////////////////////////////////////////////
/*
     This script adds the horse menus to the PCs.
*/
//:: Created By: Deva B. Winblood
//:: Created On: Dec 30th, 2007
//:: Last Update: April 21th, 2008

#include "x3_inc_horse"

void main()
{
    object oPC=GetEnteringObject();
    ExecuteScript("x3_mod_pre_enter",OBJECT_SELF); // Override for other skin systems
    if ((GetIsPC(oPC)||GetIsDM(oPC))&&!GetHasFeat(FEAT_HORSE_MENU,oPC))
    { // add horse menu
        HorseAddHorseMenu(oPC);
        if (GetLocalInt(GetModule(),"X3_ENABLE_MOUNT_DB"))
        { // restore PC horse status from database
            DelayCommand(2.0,HorseReloadFromDatabase(oPC,X3_HORSE_DATABASE));
        } // restore PC horse status from database
    } // add horse menu
    if (GetIsPC(oPC))
    { // more details
        // restore appearance in case you export your character in mounted form, etc.
        if (!GetSkinInt(oPC,"bX3_IS_MOUNTED")) HorseIfNotDefaultAppearanceChange(oPC);
        // pre-cache horse animations for player as attaching a tail to the model
        HorsePreloadAnimations(oPC);
        DelayCommand(3.0,HorseRestoreHenchmenLocations(oPC));
    } // more details

//Add the following lines below
ExecuteScript("420itemfilter", oPC);
ExecuteScript("badstrreffilter", oPC);
}

NOTE:
In the "badstrreffilter" script change:
object oPC = GetEnteringObject();
to:
object oPC = OBJECT_SELF;

Offline CraneNWN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 07:09:47 PM »
Excellent, thanks 420 testing it now. Just noticed however in the item filter script (420itemfilter) when I tried to compile it (the first time when importing to mod) it read, "compile error, unexpected compund error" and marked the very last "{" at the very bottom as the culprit?

- The badstref script attached perfectly to my existing filter.

- Another dumb question, wasn't there a way to disable the server fog that hinders view distance? Not the one that is in the aurora toolset (which I obviously have as off) but the one that is just naturally in-game?

- 420, do you have any recommended 2da / spell complete fixes (to nerf out crap like time-stop, fast resting etc) that you can point me to?

// Crane
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:42:37 PM by CraneNWN »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 11:08:12 PM »
Excellent, thanks 420 testing it now. Just noticed however in the item filter script (420itemfilter) when I tried to compile it (the first time when importing to mod) it read, "compile error, unexpected compund error" and marked the very last "{" at the very bottom as the culprit?
Compiles fine for me, try to copy and paste it again. Sounds like it may be missing a "}" at the bottom.

- Another dumb question, wasn't there a way to disable the server fog that hinders view distance? Not the one that is in the aurora toolset (which I obviously have as off) but the one that is just naturally in-game?
The fog distance is set for each individual area. (Area Properties, Visual, Customize Environment, Fog Clip Distance.) The default is 45, which is fine for a 2X2 area, I start with 90 and adjust from there.

- 420, do you have any recommended 2da / spell complete fixes (to nerf out crap like time-stop, fast resting etc) that you can point me to?
I'll put something together.

Offline CraneNWN

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 04:22:17 PM »
Script fixed thanks 420, fog clip fixed, just need a good 2da/spell balancer.

Hosting mod under Action section, Crane's Classic Pvp. A lot more to do to it however this is just a first tentative version. Need to add shop/items that adhere to server item limits etc. Would love a duel tool like the old GS ^^, etc, etc.

- Just playing because bored at this point.

// Crane.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 10:42:07 PM »
just need a good 2da/spell balancer.
Instead of screwing with .2da files you can use the spellhook system to modify or ban spells. I'll start a topic in the GS subforum to discuss changes then put a script together for you.

Offline CraneNWN

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 12:12:57 AM »
 Thanks, are color tag names doable at the moment? If so, how so?

Can we not import character bic files into modules anymore using Leto? I've tried it several times doing it the conventional way, character converter pc-npc etc using Leto and then the bic (as erf) seems to be imported into my mod but then I cannot find the character anywhere....? Any ideas? Any other ways to do it? I remember back in the days saving multiplayer games then tinkering with Leto to export out the saved bic into local vault and also into mods, but can't remember how to do it lol.

// Crane.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:00:21 AM by CraneNWN »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 03:51:19 PM »
Thanks, are color tag names doable at the moment? If so, how so?

Can we not import character bic files into modules anymore using Leto? I've tried it several times doing it the conventional way, character converter pc-npc etc using Leto and then the bic (as erf) seems to be imported into my mod but then I cannot find the character anywhere....? Any ideas? Any other ways to do it? I remember back in the days saving multiplayer games then tinkering with Leto to export out the saved bic into local vault and also into mods, but can't remember how to do it lol.

// Crane.
Link to Leto added to original post.

Color Character Names
Open Leto and go to Menu>Tools>Advanced Editor. Then right-click on the empty area below the Name Type Value headings and choose "Open File..." and choose the character file you want to edit.

I have full instructions somewhere explaining the color code but for now just use this chart I got from somewhere years ago:

(NOTE: The following bit of code is from my mod's OnModuleLoad event and is used for color text in conversation.)
    SetCustomToken(1000, "</c>"); // CLOSE tag
    SetCustomToken(1001, "<c

^Fucking POS board.

The preview looked fine:

EDIT: Original post attached as text file.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 11:23:24 PM by 420 »

Offline CraneNWN

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 01:17:40 AM »

Ok this one I'm stuck on. Importing a local vault BIC into one of my mods. I've tried the conventional way using Leto (PC/NPC) then imported the (ERF) file into my mod...nothing. Can't find it anywhere...can someone post a step by step validated process of how to accomplish this?

Again, thanks.

//Crane

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 11:06:53 AM »
Ok this one I'm stuck on. Importing a local vault BIC into one of my mods. I've tried the conventional way using Leto (PC/NPC) then imported the (ERF) file into my mod...nothing. Can't find it anywhere...can someone post a step by step validated process of how to accomplish this?

Again, thanks.

//Crane
Not sure what you are attempting to do. Are you altering a PC character file then attempting to import it into a mod as an NPC blueprint? Not sure this can be done as a NPC blueprint requires more information than a PC bic file, like script sets.

Offline CraneNWN

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 10:45:33 PM »
420, ideally what I'm aiming at is importing a BIC file (Local Vault) into one of my mods as a "battle tester" for I can then test some of my other builds on. Whether this is done as NPC or not it not important, however it's accomplished is what's important.

As always in your debt,

// C r a n e.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 05:20:06 PM »
420, ideally what I'm aiming at is importing a BIC file (Local Vault) into one of my mods as a "battle tester" for I can then test some of my other builds on. Whether this is done as NPC or not it not important, however it's accomplished is what's important.

As always in your debt,

// C r a n e.
Ah yes, I remember people asking about this. I never figured out a way to do it. I settled for just building them in the toolset from scratch. (Tip: Start with a level 1 character in the toolset and manually add levels then adjust attributes, feats, and skills. Do not use the autolevel option. I used a creature skin for the item mods.)

A number of creatures that I created for GodSpire were actually based off of some of my dueling characters.

Offline CraneNWN

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 06:21:56 PM »
Yeah, I used to be able to do this back in the day utilizing leto and something about saving multiplayer game just can't remember, meh. On another note, is it possible for you to whip up some of your scripting magic and write me up a stand alone ac/item check that I can incorporate into my existing onenter script. What I want to do is limit ac items to (9) max. I'm already using that item filter you posted on that other thread but cant remember if that had an ac item modifier in that script or not (currently at work). I recently stripped all resists from my server little by little balancing it out.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 07:45:50 PM »
Yeah, I used to be able to do this back in the day utilizing leto and something about saving multiplayer game just can't remember, meh. On another note, is it possible for you to whip up some of your scripting magic and write me up a stand alone ac/item check that I can incorporate into my existing onenter script. What I want to do is limit ac items to (9) max. I'm already using that item filter you posted on that other thread but cant remember if that had an ac item modifier in that script or not (currently at work). I recently stripped all resists from my server little by little balancing it out.
Hmm I'll experiment with saved games and see if I can figure it out.

In the GS item filter the item value check (500K) filters out items with AC above 9 and AB above 11. Just make sure the "Item Level Restrictions" box in the server settings is checked or it won't work.

Offline CraneNWN

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 12:38:40 PM »
What is a quick and easy way to modify server's feat 2da's, example want to disallow Epid Dodge. I've figured out how to cancel spells just not feat 2das.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 09:32:32 AM »
420, could you update your original post? This is still easily a useful topic for reference when going back to play NWN.

New vault:
http://neverwintervault.net/

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 08:46:41 AM »
There is also a new server list: http://www.nwnlist.com/ That way you can list your server online. I've heard of an application that allows you to have an ingame list again. But I haven't tried it.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2019, 08:26:17 PM »
Do you still even check the forums Soul Sojourner? lol
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?