Author Topic: GW2 Screenshots  (Read 41574 times)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
GW2 Screenshots
« on: July 21, 2012, 05:40:46 PM »
I finally remembered to take screen shots!

I'm playing a Sylvari ranger right now.  The race only really affects story, appearance, and starting location, but the ranger is seriously fun to play.  It was a lot easier to unlock skills without having to switch between attunements too, like on the elementalist.

1.  My character by some giant floating rocks.  One of those moments when the environment art just takes my breath away.
2-3.  Those rocks turned out to be climbable, but I don't know what, if anything, was at the top, because the second one was about as far as I could get.
4-5.  Fighting some breeze riders (pesky mesmers in the first game) with my bow and great sword.
6-7.  Aquatic shots from Lion's Arch.  The first one is of the ruins of old LA, the second is a set of docks in the new LA.
8-9.  There are some fairly high elevation points around LA.  The first picture is a Vista point.  They give you a panoramic view of the area, some xp and completion points.  They're often really hard to get to though.  The second is a diving platform in LA.
10.  Reviving a fallen player after an event.
11-12.  More aquatic shots.  No, you can't fight the humpback whale.
13. I just managed to find an aquatic pet.  It took ages to find one, which made fighting underwater really annoying for a while.  It's a blue jellyfish.
14.  A shot of the pale tree, the mother of all Sylvari, in the heart of the Grove.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 05:51:07 PM by Elessar Telrunya »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: GW2 Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 09:21:43 AM »
Nice.  Looking forward to getting into the game.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 05:10:15 PM »
You should buy soon and get the 3-day head start.  That way you won't have to worry about making all of the characters you want to use reserved names for at once.  I'm really loving the game so far.  I'll put up a post soon once I organize my thoughts.  Also, I'm playing on the server "Tarnished Coast".  You can guest on other servers, but it'll just be easier if we join the same server.

Meanwhile, more pictures!  I would have had  them up sooner, but I had to file a support ticket to reclaim my photobucket account (the uploads on sm boards aren't very helpful), so I waited.

I started a charr necromancer, but I didn't play very much with it, so this is the only screen shot I have from it.  You can see remnants of the great wall along with some new steelworks built by the charr.

A combat shot for you all (finally).  This is my sylvari ranger executing one of my favorite combos - Flame Trap followed by Whirling Defense shoots flames everywhere.  You can even see a couple of other combos going off of my Flame Trap.  My pet sylvan hound leapt into the field, which game him a fire shield, which burns foes, and it looks like someone shot an arrow through the field and got a burning arrow.

My guildmate and I went back to the jumping puzzle I showed you earlier and managed to finish it.  He did a lot of them this weekend and got really good at spotting the paths through them.  We got an achievement and chest reward when we finished.

A place we found after that jumping puzzle.

These next three shots are from a jumping puzzle in Kryta.  This one had some tricky jumps, but it was super fun.  We actually saw an entire guild working on it together.

Clearly, jumping puzzles are hazardous to your health, as I revive someone who feel a little far on this one.  Also, my sylvan hound can sit on vertical surfaces apparently.

We came out of that jumping puzzle by a village called Wizard's Fief which was near a floating fortress.  It looked pretty badass.  This area is located right around where the Villainy of Galrath quest (that super long one worth 4k xp) takes place in GW1.  I took this during a Vista cinematic of the area.

We stopped to pose for a few pictures, because we thought this place was pretty awesome.

Working on another jumping puzzle in Asura territory.  We didn't finish because the Beta finale was about to start.

So then we waited...

Unfortunately the beta finale was kind of a let down this weekend.  They did a battle royale/hunger games themed team-based elimination match, where we all had shotguns and limited ammo, meanwhile our health slowly declined unless we could eat rations.  Unfortunately they didn't think it through well enough, because after 15 minutes they enabled a death penalty, which meant when you died you came back as a little robot that pooped ammo and could activate shields, which was really, really boring.  My guild mate said that the June beta ended with a battle against zombies, but once you died, you became a zombie and fought against the remaining players, which sounds infinitely more awesome than this beta's finale.

That's all for now!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 05:16:30 PM by Elessar Telrunya »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 06:55:42 PM »
Three day head start only starts late next month.  I'll buy it next month.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 08:38:28 PM »
Not a screenshot, but a very funny video from the beta this weekend.

clicky

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 09:16:43 PM »
Screenshots from the stress test today!  All I did for this was world v. world, which was super fun, even though we eventually lost every major battle I was in.

In the middle of storming the central castle in WvW.  There were a lot of people, so the battle was pretty epic, not to mention crazy to keep track of everything coming at me.  You can see a downed enemy by flank (in the middle of all the fire on the bottom half of picture) - there's an option to 'Finish Them', which sends them right from downed to defeated.

The server that held the keep at the time started to regroup and fend us off...

...successfully.

Here's the map view of WvW.  The green dots are nearby allies, which makes finding teammates super useful if you have to respawn at a waypoint.

Afterwards I went back to see if we still had anyway hope in the keep.  Needless to say, we didn't.

Overall impression of World v. World: hella fun.  We lost each major battle I fought in, but each time we made it a little further into the keep (which is absolutely huge).  The defending players had a huge advantage, because it was easy for them to target us from the walls while hiding from our ranged attacks, but we eventually made it through each gate after enough battering.  While we were continually losing battles, I have two major take-aways from the experience.  The first is that the server defending the castle, while winning individual battles, actually started losing the match overall because they ended up focusing all of their energy on defending the central keep, while the other two servers still had people capturing locations in other parts of the map.  Second: even losing a battle can be super fun.  I don't think I've ever experienced a battle of that scope and challenge before.  There was so much going on, and reviving downed allies was so important, because losing just a few people would turn the tide.  The defending team had a few clever players that placed a lot of traps around defeated players, making it harder to revive them.  Of course, reviving them is hard to begin with because you're so vulnerable while doing it.

Anyway, I can't wait to play some more at launch.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 11:45:54 PM »
Another stress test today.  Got to take a picture of the ruins of the Temple of Ages this time.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 06:28:30 PM »
Meet Mo Deathbringer

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 07:34:30 PM »
Cool!  I'm done for the day, but I'll see you at launch!

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 03:00:02 AM »
Ribs and Enelya meet up in Hoelbrak.  Ene's so tiny next to Ribs!

Sort of an action shot?  Ene's carrying a great sword with the same skin as the fell blade from the first game.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 11:53:42 AM »
It was fun playing with Shorty! You can hardly hold that sword lol

Don't let that deceive you into thinking she's not dangerous!

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 09:25:51 AM »
This is my asura guardian, though its on the creation screen, I'm 40 by now :)
The other is one of the group boss events, when I got there it was already almost dead though so I got nothing from it, but it looked cool.
Ill post some more later-

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 09:52:04 AM »
Very cool.  You level fast! :P

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 12:07:17 PM »
Seriously, where do you people find all this time?  A lot of my guildmates are level 80s already!  Add me to your contacts list, and we can play together when guesting is enabled.  My character name is Enelya Telrunya.  What's yours?

Also, best comment on a patch note ever:
"Rocket Boots: This skill is no longer usable underwater. This is a temporary change until we can figure out why players can launch themselves into the sky using this skill."

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 01:43:07 PM »
Its not that hard I barely play few hours a day but so far Ive been exploring everything running around with retreat, save yourselves and the staff speed buff, have around 6-7 areas fully completed and 2-3 more I just need a skill or too that are bugged. :o

My char name its Sync Strife btw.

Right now Im able to select server but is it permanent or can i change freely till they activate that guest stuff?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 03:21:09 PM »
Ya.  I finished my last "story quest" at level 14 or so.  The next one was recommended for level 19.  So I've just been running around trying to level up.  Doing "heart quests" ..you know helping convoys and checking traps for bunny rabbits.  Finding way points and vistas.....ok Anet did you say there's no grind here? lol 

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 03:35:56 PM »
I think you can freely change until they activate guesting, which they said they would do when server populations level out a bit, but I think there are still limitations on how often you can change.

Anyway, if you're having trouble leveling then you should read this.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 04:16:25 PM »
I havent grinded anything at all, though I was pretty lost first aswell, once you get the hang of it, it can go really fast.
Do the hearts, then vistas, points of interests and stuff ( if youre into exploring and puzzle stuff :p)
Or just do the hearts and events you see along the way, then switch to another zone, either higher lvl or go to the starting zone of another race.

I suppose you know this already but when you get everything on one area you get a chest with ramdom stuff usually a few transmutation stones, 2-3 ramdom green items and sometimes some cash shop token with extra xp/karma/craft xp rate and around 2k xp

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 09:29:00 AM »
I hit 50 last night but still I havent seen any of you 2 online during nights (your afternoon), how do you want to lvl if you dont play! xD, so say somethin if you plan to play during the weekend so we can party up a bit. I also have a ranger around lvl 11 or so.

Theres a close up from my guardian, the 2nd is in my opinion the most puzzling vista I've seen so far, had to climb the big tower on the right from the ground up (theres still like half of it you dont see on the pic) full of tricky jumps and stuff then you had to jump to the other one on the left and go jumping on the plataforms until the vista.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 10:07:51 AM »
I cant remember where you live.  I don't think I'll be playing this for a bit as I'll be travelling starting Sunday for a week.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 11:29:43 AM »
Yeah, some of the vistas are pretty tricky.  I've had a really busy week, so I haven't had any time to play, but I'm hopefully going to have some time to play this weekend.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 04:12:32 PM »
Im in Spain (you can figure that out from the screens xd) GMT+0.
Your account names appeared when I added you both to the friend list so I guess you can whisper across servers aswell maybe?
Anyways hope to see you ingame soon and have fun Mo :)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 04:41:43 PM »
Im in Spain (you can figure that out from the screens xd) GMT+0.
Your account names appeared when I added you both to the friend list so I guess you can whisper across servers aswell maybe?
Anyways hope to see you ingame soon and have fun Mo :)

Ya I thought it was Spain.   :P

At least it's not as bad as trying to play with people from Australia.  Man thats impossible.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2012, 01:59:49 AM »
Im in Spain (you can figure that out from the screens xd)
I could assume you were in Mexico... :P if I didn't know you were in Spain from the past.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 11:36:07 AM »
I could assume you were in Mexico... :P if I didn't know you were in Spain from the past.
Me sacaste las palabras de la boca.

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 01:06:53 PM »
Yeah, some of the vistas are pretty tricky.  I've had a really busy week, so I haven't had any time to play, but I'm hopefully going to have some time to play this weekend.

Nah, once you realize YouTube makes for great guides :P

Now the puzzles...oh dear god, I nearly screamed at my monitor watching Jesse Cox's play-through where he did some of the puzzles; what masochist works at ArenaNET?!?

PS: Borlis Pass is the place to be /shamelesspromotion
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Shade

• O __ o
    • MSN Messenger - ShaSer_201@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ShadeSerenity
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 01:14:12 AM »
lol elessar we r on same server! Im pixelsky ! :D shweeet

Offline Shade

• O __ o
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 11:47:59 AM »
MAGE MARLEY

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 12:05:56 PM »
MAGE MARLEY
Well, there goes the last corner of the internet that was completely free of cute cat pictures.

Offline Shade

• O __ o
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 12:15:33 PM »
it was long due for a cute kitty picture!