Author Topic: GW2 reserving names  (Read 11616 times)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
GW2 reserving names
« on: May 17, 2012, 06:44:07 PM »
They announced the process for reserving your character names from guild wars 1 for guild wars 2 today.  Basically if you've logged in since the new year, your character names will be reserved for you, but you have to create characters with those names during the 3-day head start period immediately before release, which means you have to prepurchase the game (or pre-order and do it during the 1 day head start for preorders).  After that, any unclaimed names from gw1 will be taken off the reservation list.  Also, you can have one word names in gw2.

Just thought you all might want to know if you're interested in playing gw2.  From the beta weekend and stress test I've participated in, I think it's worth prepurchasing.Here's the info directly from them if you want to see.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: GW2 reserving names
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 10:10:36 PM »
I thought all you needed was the Hall of Monuments or whatever that was called to get your name reserved.  Guess they changed that.  So all I need to do is log in and all my char names are reserved?  Or do I need to log in with each char?

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 11:45:52 PM »
I think the Hall of Monuments might have been the initial plan, but I think that's just going to transfer achievements now.  From what I understand you just have to log into your account and all of your character names will be reserved for you, so long as you either prepurchase or preorder the game and make those characters during the headstart period.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 05:44:51 PM »
I thought everyone decided to stop making any new games after D3 came out.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 02:13:28 PM »
I just logged into GW to reserve my char names and noticed the "Mercenary Hero Slot".  That's cool! You can use your other chars as Heros.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 03:31:49 PM »
Last day to log in to reserve your character name is July 31.  That's when they will compile the list that will be reserved for the three day head start+launch period.