Other > Computer stuff

My new PC!

(1/5) > >>

Tyrael:
I was thinking about buying an Xbox 360 but then either my motherboard or processor died, so I just changed both amongst a few other things and now my PC is completely renewed :p

Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3
Intel Core i5-2500
2 x 4GB DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX
AMD 6950HD
Power Supply NOX HUMMER 80 700w
Keyboard Ttesports Challenger Pro
Mouse Logitech G-500
1TB Seagate HDD
Monitor Samsung SyncMaster B2330HD

I think its pretty decent for now, its a huge step up from the amd phenom 9550 I had for a couple of years, I always though the PCSX2 emulator was crap, but with my new PC most games look and run even better than in the PS2 itself!.

So no Xbox 360 for a while, I may get a PS Vita instead in the near future depending on how it turns out.

Soul Sojourner:
I personally recommend buying a 360, they are a blast and they're much more reliable than they used to be. However, I wholeheartedly support buying computers and computer upgrades first!

For me, my computer is always top priority over my 360.

Tyrael:
That has happened to me twice already, the first time I decided to buy the 360 like 3 years ago, my graphic card burned down and I got a good graphic card instead, then some new games came out and I forgot about it. The 360 is like cursed for me I tell you! :o

Meclar:
Nice Tyreal,  I picked up an Acer Aspire i7 to play Skyrim.  heh though the AMD 4200/GeForce 9200(?) was ok.

Soul Sojourner:
Alright, I'm just gunna post it in here rather than make a new topic. I *finally* am building a computer I *want* and not some makeshift upgrade that I have to live with because I can't afford anything else. I would do better obviously if I could afford it but I am satisfied with what I got going for sure.

So anyway, I bought some of my parts, got a loan and bought the rest of them. I got promoted at work recently and make a lot more money plus over time so I can pay off my loan fairly quickly. I don't usually get excited about games coming out anymore, hell, I anticipate it a little but half of the time I don't even get them when they're released, it's just not a big deal for me to get excited about anymore, but one game is different. Diablo III is coming out soon and my current computer surprisingly meets every recommended requirement except for the video card, and even that it meets all of the sub-requirements. Plus I have one vid card I can swap out with it, but it should have the same problem even though it's more powerful. Nonetheless, I've been due for an upgrade for a long time, especially when it comes to building something I actually want.

So anyway, this is what I got coming:
Tower: LIAN LI ATX Mid Tower (I may have to upgrade to a full, I got the video card and it's huge.)
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 LGA 1155 ATX Intel Motherboard
Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155
Power Supply: CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (CMPSU-750HX) 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 (Modular)
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
Video Card: EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
HDD: No upgrade. Plan to use my current. Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM (SATA)
Optical Drive: No Upgrade. ASUS DRW-2014L1T Multi-Drive. CD/DVD RW Lightscribe
Network: Intel EXPI9301CTBLK Network Adapter 10/ 100/ 1000Mbps PCI-Express (Got a good deal on this puppy, so I added it to the configuration.)
Audio: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz (I had planned on a better one than this, but I settled for this one to save money, however it's still a major upgrade from onboard audio.)
Speakers: Logitech Z523 40 Watts RMS 2.1 (My current speakers are ancient but still work well. Been needing a replacement for some time now anyway.)
Monitor: No upgrade. Asus VK278Q Black 27" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD HDMI LED BackLight LCD Monitor w/Webcam
Mouse: No Upgrade. Microsoft USB Wheel Mouse Optical (Pretty basic, my last one was just like it only white, lasted 13 years. Newegg doesn't carry this model anymore. I plan to upgrade this later.)
Keyboard: No Upgrade, Saitek Cyborg V5 CCB44026N0B2/06/1 Black USB Wired Gaming Keyboard (I plan to upgrade this later.)

Extras: (Mostly to protect my investment.)

Extra Cooling:
HDD: Vantec Hard Drive Cooling System with 80mm Fan
Video Card: Titan EC-TTC-SC-03 PCI Slot VGA Card Cooling Fan
Processor: Intel BXRTS2011LC Liquid-cooled Thermal Solution
RAM: G.SKILL FTB-3500C5-D Fans
Case Fans: I have a bunch of 80mm and some 120mm case fans already.
Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver what else?
Cooling configuration will be figured out once I'm building it, I may or may not need additional cooling or an alternative product.

Uninterruptable Power Supply: CyberPower Intelligent LCD Series GreenPower UPS CP1350AVRLCD 1350 VA 810 Watts 4 x 5-15R Battery/Surge Protected

So far, that's where I'm at. Most of my parts will arrive next week. Configuration changes may happen as I go along, hopefully I won't have any DOA's or any other issues. I may have to switch to a full tower and/or increase cooling. I intend to upgrade my mouse and keyboard down the road hopefully, and maybe if shit pans out my audio card too. As for my HDD, I have a 500 gig and a 40 also in my current computer, so I plan to delete a few things and fit all my shit on this HDD on the 500 then install Windows 7 on this HDD and take what I need from my 500.

I got a decent amount of specials and promotion codes on a number of things, as well as some rebates I'll need to collect on. Shipping costed me $10 altogether and that was for the computer case. Everything else was free 2 day shipping thanks to Shoprunner. Except for the UPS, that was free 3-day from Newegg. I got some parts this week cause I bought them first and then bought the rest the next day, so I should be getting the rest no later than Wednesday.

If anybody sees any changes I should make or add especially regarding cooling, or any advice/input for when I build/install software let me know. I know how to build a compy, but I'm not used to working with so much cooling and whatnot. I'm also not experienced with overclocking or any of that jazz, although I don't plan to at this time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version