Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights  (Read 7471 times)

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights
« on: February 20, 2012, 11:24:17 PM »
Anyone think that there will ever be another game like it? It's crazy to think that they haven't made one yet. It was such a good damn game. But the ability to create communities the way it did it is what sets the game apart from others. Even WoW.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: Neverwinter Nights
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 11:40:08 PM »
I don't like to say never.  unfortunately I think game publishers don't think the NWN model has the potential to make a lot of $$. I believe that thinking is flawed, as there are definitely ways to monetize small community based MMOs. 

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 05:40:37 AM »
I agree. But it's crazy to think that people haven't noticed the amount of games that were sold, and how many people still actually play. lol

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 10:17:51 AM »
It's all about the money nowadays, nobody really makes truly great video games for fun anymore.

I've been looking for it, but I used to have a VHS tape of a guy interviewing developers of Donkey Kong Country before it came out on the Super Nintendo. I'll bet it is still floating around here somewhere. Back when they loved making games as much as they loved playing them. Now they're too busy trying to find ways to milk players for more money. Releasing half-complete games and releasing bits and bits of it to us for a price, essentially costing us triple the price of the game in "extra"content alone.

I remember when they put that shit on four CD's instead of cutting out content and making us pay extra for it.

P.S. Fuck EA.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 12:09:02 PM »
It's all about the money nowadays, nobody really makes truly great video games for fun anymore.

I've been looking for it, but I used to have a VHS tape of a guy interviewing developers of Donkey Kong Country before it came out on the Super Nintendo. I'll bet it is still floating around here somewhere. Back when they loved making games as much as they loved playing them. Now they're too busy trying to find ways to milk players for more money. Releasing half-complete games and releasing bits and bits of it to us for a price, essentially costing us triple the price of the game in "extra"content alone.

I remember when they put that shit on four CD's instead of cutting out content and making us pay extra for it.

P.S. Fuck EA.

Yeah. :/

There are still Indy companies out there doing it for the love of doing it. The dream isn't over, it's just hiding. lol