Author Topic: Google+ - Quite interesting, I think.  (Read 7319 times)

Offline KapitaninKatze

• SilberKatze
  • Living Life like we'll all die Tomorrow.
    • MSN Messenger - foxie_kittin@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jenna_benedict704@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Ama Gi Society
    • Email
Google+ - Quite interesting, I think.
« on: September 22, 2011, 06:20:49 AM »
So, Today I started to use Google+ because for One. I finally was able to, after waiting months (maybe even a year. Can't remember) it's finally open to join. It's very simple to use. Only problem so far, is for Chat. You have to add people manually by hitting Search underneath Chat, and typing in the email and then adding him/her that way. And Two. I just am hating Facebook. It's been annoying me for awhile now...the hatred increasing.

Adding photos is very simple (Even more so if you already have Google web albums/Picasa3. I really like it, in comparison to Facebook..>_>

In other words, I am switching. Facebook is bugging me, and has. I'm giving my family a month to switch from their evil ways. And then, I am removing ALL my FB accounts, and anything on them. (Except photos if I haven't gone through them and got all the ones I want.)

What are your words on Google+? Do you like it? 

(Hopefully this is the right place to put this. If not, Very sorry)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: Google+ - Quite interesting, I think.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 10:07:00 AM »
It's a fine place to put this thread.  My thoughts on Google+? Redundant. As far as I can see it offers no incentive to switch from FB.  There's no reason to use both, so you'll use the one where most of your friends are.  So unless everyone switches, hardly anyone will.

Unless there's a very good reason to use Google+ I don't think many people will.   Google should have given everyone $5 to make a profile, at least there's an incentive.  Right now it's just a "me too" service.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 07:01:16 PM »
Unless there's a very good reason to use Google+ I don't think many people will.   Google should have given everyone $5 to make a profile, at least there's an incentive.  Right now it's just a "me too" service.
Pretty sure a lot of comments were similar about Google Chrome. :P Google Chrome didn't really offer anything special, it's just that Firefox started to suck... lol. Seems like the same situation may occur here. Anyway, Firefox got better in the last 80 versions, I think. LOL Now that it's what, 6.02? Maybe the same will happen with Facebook and +? Who knows?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I am sticking with neither. I hate social networks, and love discussion boards. Even if one just so happens to be killing the activity on the other.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 08:48:53 PM »
Well I missed the Myspace craze, and only recently started a Facebook profile. I look into it maybe once every two weeks or so for about a minute and do nothing with it. I have my photo on it, I added a few people I know to the friends list. That's it. So I believe I will let Google+ pass by.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 07:29:57 PM »
FB is phasing out just like Myspace; G+ is where it's at! :P
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 08:52:10 PM »
Supposedly, Facebook is "revamping" everything.

I think it's an act of desperation, worries over the new competition and growing complaints.

Offline KapitaninKatze

• SilberKatze
  • Living Life like we'll all die Tomorrow.
    • MSN Messenger - foxie_kittin@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jenna_benedict704@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Ama Gi Society
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 09:22:15 PM »
Supposedly, Facebook is "revamping" everything.

I think it's an act of desperation, worries over the new competition and growing complaints.

I complain about them everyday, so that' makes sense. :P I've even though about removing them from my Bookmarks toolbar.

@Ivon : Totally. I actually left Myspace for Facebook, and now I'm leaving Facebook for Google+. I see a trend there. Hmm.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:27:17 PM by KapitaninKatze »