Author Topic: NWN Available on Good Old Games.  (Read 19347 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NWN Available on Good Old Games.
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2010, 07:28:27 PM »
I think I liked PS:T better without these mods. Everything is so little.
Yeah, that's one thing about PS:T is they took the opportunity to put a lot of detail into the low res textures so you lose some of the detail when you switch to hi res.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2010, 10:11:09 AM »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2010, 07:07:09 PM »
Icewind Dale 2 is now on GOG

http://www.gog.com/en/news/new_release_icewind_dale_2_complete/
Ooh. Well, my wife wants to try the first one, I'm sure she'd want to play the second one as well. I'll probably buy them both, it's just a question of when. Since right now, I'm finishing PS:T before getting back to Borderlands (stopped when I got tendonitis) and then in December I *should* be getting Halo: Reach legendary edition.

I bought it for a whole $35, and it's worth $150. Brand new with free shipping too. The guy had 100% positive feedback, but only four sales (though they were on other video games, at least). It wasn't estimated to get here until Dec. 5 - Dec. 15 and he had three of them all "buy it now." The guy lives in Vietnam (which explains the shipping time). Kinda smells like it might be a scam, or he's a thief and stole it, therefore making money on it regardless since he didn't pay for it. But I figured I'd risk it, since the transaction was covered by eBay buyer protection and/or PayPal buyer protection anyway. So hopefully it's not a scam, if I can net Legendary for less than the cost of the game alone... that would be quite amazing.

Then there's also the chance that I may be getting another new 360 game soon too, so like I said... it's just a question of when. Although I already played and beat Baldur's Gate (I could swear there was two of them I played? Maybe an expansion? Can't remember), I am planning on buying it/them down the road too, replaying em' and adding them to my collection. :D

Oh, hey, check out this awesome waiting screen I've been getting for the last half an hour.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 04:36:08 AM »
PS:T : Dude... that was one bad-ass game. I can't believe it took so long to play through it.

Sucks that stats max out at 25 though... caused a few problems in the end. (especially with strength buffs reducing my str to 9)

Some guy made a bunch of Fix patches which balance and solve all forms of bugs and glitches throughout the game, so whenever I come back to this game I'm thinking of implementing it in my next playthrough.

Am I right in guessing there are multiple endings possible? After 'gaining' mortality my character moved on to fight in... the blood war... lol... yay. Is it always that ending or no?

Thanks 420, this was a good one.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2010, 01:09:10 PM »
Am I right in guessing there are multiple endings possible? After 'gaining' mortality my character moved on to fight in... the blood war... lol... yay. Is it always that ending or no?

Thanks 420, this was a good one.
I think that is always the ending, though it may be based on alignment. But there are different ways to beat the final boss. My favorite is to have 24+ wisdom and just will him out of existence.

Did you get to do these cool things:

Were you able to get into the cube maze and find the rogue modron Nordom?

Get mazed by the Lady of Pain?

Have the priest of Aoskar banish the demon in the box then kill the demon in the vanished ruins of Curst?

How did you deal with the Pillar of Skulls?

How did you deal with the Alley of Dangerous Angles?

I think that's all the questions I have for now but I know there is some other cool stuff. Ooo, did you become a wizard at any time? What was your main class?

Icewind Dale is pretty fun but don't expect a storyline on the scale of Baldur's Gate. Icewind Dale was designed to be more of a hack and slash game, it was actually designed to compete with Diablo 2 (which is sad and hilarious). It's still a lot of fun but it's more about strategic combat than in-depth role play. The expansion Heart of Winter is good but it starts out by kicking your ass. Seriously, the first battle is the hardest one. Then there was the free DLC Trials of the Luremaster which was actually a lot of fun and free content that was better than the paid-for expansion.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2010, 02:33:30 PM »
I think that is always the ending, though it may be based on alignment. But there are different ways to beat the final boss. My favorite is to have 24+ wisdom and just will him out of existence.

Did you get to do these cool things:

Were you able to get into the cube maze and find the rogue modron Nordom?

Get mazed by the Lady of Pain?

Have the priest of Aoskar banish the demon in the box then kill the demon in the vanished ruins of Curst?

How did you deal with the Pillar of Skulls?

How did you deal with the Alley of Dangerous Angles?

I think that's all the questions I have for now but I know there is some other cool stuff. Ooo, did you become a wizard at any time? What was your main class?

Icewind Dale is pretty fun but don't expect a storyline on the scale of Baldur's Gate. Icewind Dale was designed to be more of a hack and slash game, it was actually designed to compete with Diablo 2 (which is sad and hilarious). It's still a lot of fun but it's more about strategic combat than in-depth role play. The expansion Heart of Winter is good but it starts out by kicking your ass. Seriously, the first battle is the hardest one. Then there was the free DLC Trials of the Luremaster which was actually a lot of fun and free content that was better than the paid-for expansion.

Ah, unfortunate. Yeah, I tested a few different endings, I did the will one, but ultimately decided to threaten him with killing myself using the torment blade you get the golem in the siege machine to make.

Yes, I ended the game with Nordom in my party, as soon as I found him I replaced Ignus with him. Left Ignus in the Clerks ward. I also used the cube for leveling. I was 34/35 in the end... can't remember which.

I did get the ragdoll and pray to it, but ultimately decided to reload after being mazed.

Yes. I was surprised to find it there later in the game... I wasn't expecting that. It was also very strong, whereas opening the box instead only pit you against a weak creature.

I made Morte stick around while talking with it, I asked it about my killer and it knew nothing, after that I just asked what I needed to know and gave them false information as to the whereabouts of that Fjuhl guy or whatever his name was. lol. I did this because he was a good guy, even if it was against his will to be good, and I favored neither law or chaos, so I lied when necessary and vowed when I would be willing to keep my promises. I did not give Morte up, and listened to it scream "Intruder Intruder" I then slaughtered everything that appeared in the previous area (which I had cleared before talking to the pillar). I can't remember any other specifics, so I presume the information I gave them was the answer you were looking for?

The alley... I chose to tell the Dabus that there was another Dabus slain inside the building, when he went in to investigate the alley shut him in, I then reversed the dabus changes and allowed it to split. Apart from that, I can't remember any other details, I think I asked a bunch of questions. lol.

I stuck with Fighter most of the game, I got some pretty sweet weapons. My primary was fists, I can't remember the name of the blades, and secondary I used the Justifier Mace... and it has a terrible memory, it seems. Even at the end of the game it didn't have anything new to say, except how it went nuts in the lower planes. I got to level 34 or 35. I also played as a mage and thief but only to achieve certain ends. I mainly was a thief so I could steal before I got Annah, and then I only became one to do certain things, such as invoke the tattoos from my severed arm for the experience (even if it didn't help my fighter class level). As for Mage, I wanted to be one very early on... but since I didn't get a chance to class change until the lower ward I no longer found it worthwhile. (I looked up what to say to Ravel about her forms, so I wouldn't screw up a relationship with Annah, that's when I found out I could have gotten Mebbeth to teach me. I suppose I was supposed to ask if she was a witch, I never did cause I didn't want to insult her. Dammit.) I mainly used mage to do the whole circle of zerthimon thing with Drak'kon.

I also found, that for some reason Nordom's Stealth Lens lagged the game considerably... it pissed me off. I tried changing options and even edited the ini file to no avail. Maybe it's the way it was scripted, or perhaps it doesn't agree with something on my computer. Most of the time I would travel with a different lens on and then switch in combat.

Aye? Well, I'll have to try it out anyhow. Although I love a good storyline, hack and slash can be sweet when done right.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2010, 01:03:07 PM »
Spoiler warning for anyone who hasn't played through Planescape: Torment.
The alley... I chose to tell the Dabus that there was another Dabus slain inside the building, when he went in to investigate the alley shut him in, I then reversed the dabus changes and allowed it to split. Apart from that, I can't remember any other details, I think I asked a bunch of questions. lol.
You're thinking of the Alley of Lingering Sighs, I meant the alley where the church of Aoskar is, there are two rival gangs (good and evil) and Blackrose (neutral) and you can choose to side with one of those three.

that's when I found out I could have gotten Mebbeth to teach me. I suppose I was supposed to ask if she was a witch, I never did cause I didn't want to insult her. Dammit.) I mainly used mage to do the whole circle of zerthimon thing with Drak'kon.
I actually have a save game where I completed the Mortuary then went straight to Mebbeth and completed her 3 tasks to become a mage without talking to anyone else so it's sort of like you get play the game all the way through as a mage.

I like Dak'kon's story, though according to 3rd Edition the Githzerai city of Shra'kt'lor still exists. So PS:T either takes place in the distant future or the city was rebuilt sometime after it fell. I've had some lengthy discussions about this on the Planewalker Forums with ripvanwormer (yes that is his real name).

I also like the fact that you can sort of piece together The Nameless One's past lives. Like, his evil incarnation was a wizard and Ignus was his apprentice who he used to punish by sticking Ignus's hand in fire. Or the insane, paranoid thief incarnation that lived in the sewer. Good stuff.

Weird about the lens causing lag though.

EDIT: Oh and there is a pretty bad-ass melee weapon (Brimstone Hammer) in your personal maze if the Lady sends you there. I used it for most of the game when I was a fighter.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 01:04:49 PM by 420 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2010, 02:49:47 PM »
Oh right. I came in from the south, and the bandits demanded money, I refused and slaughtered them all. The other half of the bandits weren't hostile since I approached from the other side, after talking with the leader a little bit and collecting on the death of the other, I found the Blackrose person and slaughtered the other gang. I was nuetral good throughout the entire game.

Yeah, I probably would have, but I didn't know. Next time I play through will probably be as a mage.

I had focused on Hammer skills in the beginning, but mastered fist weapons in the end. I had some pretty sweet fist blades, but I can't remember what they were called.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2010, 07:34:48 PM »
Double post time... muahahaha...

I guess Ubisoft games are "up to" 50% off this weekend, so if you've got some games you're planning to buy from GOG, this might be a good time to do it... assuming they're by Ubisoft, of course.

The original Ghost Recon was badass. It's sequels.... not so much.

P.S. I just checked it out... apparently that "up to" I was skeptical about, means 50% on all "selected" games, which... is a lot of games... but it's otherwise 30% on any of the others.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 07:38:18 PM by Soul Sojourner »