Author Topic: What is everyone playing  (Read 186723 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What is everyone playing
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2010, 02:39:18 PM »
Dragon Age Origins - Awakening comes out tomorrow!
SPOILER WARNING: Apparently if you chose to sacrifice yourself at the end of Dragon Age origins your character is brought back to life with no explanation.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2010, 07:24:01 PM »
SPOILER WARNING: Apparently if you chose to sacrifice yourself at the end of Dragon Age origins your character is brought back to life with no explanation.

SPOILER WARNING

That is inaccurate.  If you want to maintain the story you are to create a new char who is a Grey Warden from Orlais.  However Bioware gives you the option to break the story and use your dead warden if you really want to.  The reason there is no explanation is because there is no reason to explain as it is not part of the intended story.

That is from the dev interview I read.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 07:26:04 PM by Mo »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2010, 08:14:41 PM »
Mass Effect 2 on insanity.

It's a wee bit insane, mate. I did find it a bit ridiculous getting my ass kicked by the few light mechs you fight right in the beginning area of the game with a level 30 character. lol.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2010, 10:45:56 PM »
Mass Effect 2 on insanity.

It's a wee bit insane, mate. I did find it a bit ridiculous getting my ass kicked by the few light mechs you fight right in the beginning area of the game with a level 30 character. lol.

Ya I started on one below insanity but by 3/4 of the way through i switched to insanity.  Such an awesome game, I wish there would be an expansion.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2010, 01:50:08 AM »
There may be down the road, but I doubt it. It mentions right in the game that there will be a Mass Effect 3 though, and you even get to see what you're up against; the Reapers.

Legion shocked the hell out of me on the first go... seeing as I played through the first one and imported my character. (which is awesome as hell, by the way.) I believe I said "What the fuck!?" when I originally saw him snipe an enemy. I'm not mentioning details cause of spoilers, though. I miss the Mako. The hammerhead is awesome, but you barely get to use it.

If you have yet to play the first one, I still recommend it. It's awesome that the game changes based on your actions in the first one, and even starts you off with extra stuff based on your level and wealth, etc. It says you'll be able to import your Mass Effect 2 character into 3 as well, so mine will have been carried over twice. Excellent.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2010, 09:07:03 AM »
It says you'll be able to import your Mass Effect 2 character into 3 as well, so mine will have been carried over twice. Excellent.

Heheh.  Hopefully ;)
Just be careful!

Offline KapitaninKatze

• SilberKatze
  • Living Life like we'll all die Tomorrow.
    • MSN Messenger - foxie_kittin@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jenna_benedict704@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Ama Gi Society
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2011, 07:25:13 AM »
Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Love this game, However...I haven't even done the campaign. xD (From what I hear; It sucks anyways)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2011, 12:08:05 PM »
I just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Throbbblefoot is now playing through it. I'm playing Brink, though after putting around 280 hours into it in 3 months I'm sort of burned out, but I'm sure I'll go back to it. Once Throbblefoot finishes Deus Ex I'm going to buy Rage. I thought about pre-ordering Rage but the exclusive content is kinda lame for a single player game.

EDIT: Also, Throbblefoot and I are keeping our fingers crossed hoping to get into the Diablo III closed beta test that's going on RIGHT NOW!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:25:49 PM by 420 »

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2011, 04:44:25 PM »
I just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Throbbblefoot is now playing through it. I'm playing Brink, though after putting around 280 hours into it in 3 months I'm sort of burned out, but I'm sure I'll go back to it. Once Throbblefoot finishes Deus Ex I'm going to buy Rage. I thought about pre-ordering Rage but the exclusive content is kinda lame for a single player game.

EDIT: Also, Throbblefoot and I are keeping our fingers crossed hoping to get into the Diablo III closed beta test that's going on RIGHT NOW!

Me tooooooo!!! :D
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2011, 10:04:44 AM »
I tried Rage, but it has some issues with the drivers, id software blames both nvidia and amd drivers but even if thats true they should have tested the game with the current available drivers before the release. Most players are now in "rage" because they cant play :p. Some get very lagged texture load, others get fps spikes every 5 secs, others dont even get any texture and for others the game doesnt even run. Seems the game is a total mess.

I installed the latest amd drivers that are "supposed" to fix Rage issues but still got the lagged texture load like in the youtube video below. The game was released a few days ago and already has a 1gb patch (while the game is already 20gb, 25gb installed) which i havent tried yet. But seems it still gives the same errors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW8HriyzNx4&feature=related

Seems we have to wait for a real fix.

Offline KapitaninKatze

• SilberKatze
    • View Profile
    • Ama Gi Society
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2011, 10:50:12 AM »
Hm, I don't think I'll be playing Rage for awhile.(Not because of ^ but rather because I usually wait a few years before I buy a game. Like a few weeks ago I bought the first Sims game.)

As for what I've been playing...Trying out Age Of Empires Online. It seems pretty awesome, till about 15 minutes into the game...and it crashes...and shuts down my laptop. I've still been playing CoD: Black Ops, and I have been considering playing the campaign for a while now, and probably will soon enough, until I hit a mission where I keep dying over and over again...and give up...

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2011, 04:13:41 PM »
EVE Online
RIFT
Dragon Age
Dragon Age II
Crysis 2
LoL

-I get bored easily :P
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2011, 04:32:45 PM »
I went tweaking around and it seems i got Rage to work properly, though i shouldnt need to find the solution myself to be able to play ><.
Im playing Vindictus EU mainly but also Deus Ex and Dead Island and now Rage (unless i find new problems ><)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2011, 10:20:07 PM »
Nothing right now.  Finished Deus Ex.  Guess I'm waiting for Skyrim.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2011, 12:02:24 PM »
Theres also Batman: Arkham City to be released next week!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2011, 01:51:19 PM »
I tried Rage, but it has some issues with the drivers, id software blames both nvidia and amd drivers but even if thats true they should have tested the game with the current available drivers before the release. Most players are now in "rage" because they cant play :p. Some get very lagged texture load, others get fps spikes every 5 secs, others dont even get any texture and for others the game doesnt even run. Seems the game is a total mess.

I installed the latest amd drivers that are "supposed" to fix Rage issues but still got the lagged texture load like in the youtube video below. The game was released a few days ago and already has a 1gb patch (while the game is already 20gb, 25gb installed) which i havent tried yet. But seems it still gives the same errors.
One of my Steam friends said he had a few problems with Rage but that the patch (released on Oct. 9th?) fixed all the issues he was having.

Also, since I need to have something on my Christmas list, I plan to ask Santa for Alice: Madness Returns.

-JJ

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2011, 06:29:55 PM »
Yes i applied that patch, but the game is not 100% fixed, seems its stucked at lower res settings after the patch and theres no graphic options to change it but at least i can play.
Theres minor freezes sometimes but nothing too bad to keep me from playing yet.

To me it feels like an unfinished game no matter how much Id Software tries to take the blame on AMD and Nvidia for their drivers.... Still a good game so far though

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2011, 06:56:52 PM »
Yes i applied that patch, but the game is not 100% fixed, seems its stucked at lower res settings after the patch and theres no graphic options to change it but at least i can play.
Theres minor freezes sometimes but nothing too bad to keep me from playing yet.

To me it feels like an unfinished game no matter how much Id Software tries to take the blame on AMD and Nvidia for their drivers.... Still a good game so far though
This is very disconcerting to me because the business model of ID Software has always been:
  • Develop State-of-the-art Game Engine
  • Debut Said Engine With A DOOM Title
  • License Engine Out to Other Companies
  • ? ? ?
  • Profit
I don't know what the fuck happened to ID that made them sell their company to ZeniMax but it seems Rage may have been a major fuck up.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:00:07 PM by 420 »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2011, 10:04:07 PM »
Dont get me wrong the game is actually pretty good, when you CAN actually play... its just they messed up the release because most players have to go out of their way to "fix" the game before being able to play.

I read somewhere that Rage uses the latest OpenGL Graphics and that both Nvidia and AMD have outdated OpenGL drivers since barely any game used it anymore (something like that), and thats why Id Software is trying to take the blame on them.

But i think they should have done more testing with the actual released drivers... Instead of releasing a game without any working drivers for it...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 10:06:29 PM by Tyrael »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2011, 10:38:04 PM »
It's unacceptable that a game is released in a state that requires players to patch shit to fix it.  This is a big knock against PC gaming as compared to console gaming.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »
I read somewhere that Rage uses the latest OpenGL Graphics and that both Nvidia and AMD have outdated OpenGL drivers since barely any game used it anymore (something like that), and thats why Id Software is trying to take the blame on them.
There was also a problem with old OpenGL on newer video cards. In NWN, on my new rig (nVidia GTX 460 SE), I got a horrible frame rate until nVidia released their 280.19 Beta drivers and that fixed it. I'm glad I've kept all of Throbble's and my old computers for all the different OS and video/sound cards so we can always play the old games if we want.

It's unacceptable that a game is released in a state that requires players to patch shit to fix it.  This is a big knock against PC gaming as compared to console gaming.
There have been a few games that patched the day of release (Diablo II for instance) but ID Software has no excuse. Their company is known for releasing well-polished, single-player, FPS games and, according to my friend on Steam, Rage required a 1GB patch but as Tyrael put it, "the game is not 100% fixed". D'oh!

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:23:13 PM by 420 »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2011, 04:45:57 PM »
I recently received and email telling me I've been selected to play on the beta of Star wars: The Old Republic!
So yeah ill play that :o

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2011, 05:08:42 PM »
I recently received and email telling me I've been selected to play on the beta of Star wars: The Old Republic!
So yeah ill play that :o

DAMMIT!! Everyone in my SWTOR guild has gotten a beta invite but me! :(

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2011, 05:11:55 PM »
Then tell me if you get one :p, right now im playing on the dark side... they have cookies! and force lightning xD

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2011, 05:14:27 PM »
DAMMIT!! Everyone in my SWTOR guild has gotten a beta invite but me! :(

lolololol, I thought those invites were dropping like rain in a monsoon :P
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2011, 06:46:31 PM »
lolololol, I thought those invites were dropping like rain in a monsoon :P

Bah! :(

Offline KapitaninKatze

• SilberKatze
    • View Profile
    • Ama Gi Society
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2011, 01:03:45 PM »
I'm still playing Black Ops, but I considered playing Eternal Sonata...but it's not working for me. >_> On a side note: I'm really looking forward to playing CoD: MW3. Whenever we get it of course. lol.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2011, 06:00:21 PM »
Uhh...

Call of Duty: Black Ops
Halo: Reach
Roller Coaster Tycoon: Deluxe
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack
The Witcher
Fable III
Assassin's Creed I, II, Brotherhood, and next month Revelations! WOOT! (pre-ordered Revelations)
Saints Row 2. (pre-ordered 3)

These are literally all games I am playing, with the exception of Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood as I just got done playing both of those.

Need to get back to re-playing Dante's Inferno and finish shit up, so I can send it back to gamefly and get another game...

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2011, 08:43:27 PM »
Roller Coaster Tycoon: Deluxe
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack
No RCT 3?!?!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2011, 09:38:54 PM »
Wasn't on GoG.