Author Topic: What is everyone playing  (Read 186776 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What is everyone playing
« Reply #360 on: August 31, 2016, 12:29:10 PM »
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided!

Amazing graphics, classic Deus Ex gameplay, and the end of the first mission and the subsequent intro movie had me saying "Oh fuck!" throughout. Good times.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #361 on: August 31, 2016, 01:39:35 PM »
This War of Mine - Happy to be back to it.
Banished with Mods - This game pissed me off, disappointed me, I'm glad I found some sweet mods, am liking it better this time around.
Zombidle - Been consistently playing this since I found it on Newgrounds a month ago. It's pretty sweet.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 02, 2016, 08:02:01 PM »
Finished Teslagrad a few weeks ago. Puzzle platformers are my go-to lately. It was a pretty fun mechanic.

I have a couple of games on my radar for eventually, but money's still tight - good news is that I just got a new job, so that should get better after I start later this month.

Other than that I'm mostly playing tabletops still. Scythe is the new hit in my gaming group. My D&D campaign is going well. Our druid, sorcerer, and friendly gelatinous cube got to have tea with a mindflayer last session. The sorcerer was stoked, even though he ended up being insulted repeatedly; the druid wasn't convinced he wasn't about to have his brain eaten; and the gelatinous cube was sent because it doesn't have a brain to be eaten and wanted to know what tea was.

Sorry I missed out on playing through Guild Wars again, Meclar!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #363 on: September 05, 2016, 12:43:53 PM »
Zombidle - Been consistently playing this since I found it on Newgrounds a month ago. It's pretty sweet.

Tried it. Fun for about 30 minutes.

My D&D campaign is going well.

Are you the druid?

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 05, 2016, 02:10:38 PM »
Are you the druid?

Nah, I'm the DM.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #365 on: September 13, 2016, 09:24:37 PM »
Nah, I'm the DM.

Do you have a DM stick? (ie a thick wooden staff to beat players with when they start acting up)?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #366 on: September 26, 2016, 07:36:01 PM »
I'm still playing Zombidle. Also World of Tanks and Deus Ex: Human Revolution atm.

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #367 on: April 20, 2017, 05:34:29 PM »
Hi everybody,

I Have...

Started ANOTHER play through of Skyrim V but lost interest.

Started a play through of GW but my girlfriend lost interest.

Started a play through of Brutal Doom on Realism but haven't finished.

Started Fallout Out: New Vegas but there was so much stuff to pick up in the starting house that I never left.

Started Skyrim IV but felt totally overwhelmed when I finally got outside and thought I was starting a play through of Skyrim V.

Started the first Walking Dead game and it's very good but I need more time to play for longer stretches to get into it.

Started Dragon Age but I don't like artwork and the story reminds me of GW.

Started Legend of Grimrock on Old School.  It's very good and fun to wander around.

i've been playing some Magic 2014 & Duels but it takes some focus that I don't usually have to be good.

I'm not sure if I should start Titan Quest, Portal, Batman Arkham City, The Witcher or Styx: Master of Shadows.

I'm playing  older games that I didn't bother with before because I was hooked on even older games or a specific game at the time.  The good old ones are now cheap on Steam and my limited hardware can run them maxed and they look good.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 22, 2017, 09:21:02 AM »
Everybody: "Hi Meclar!"

Anywho, I've had the nostalgia urge to play GW again, but specifically with people who haven't played before so someone will have the drive to finish the entire thing, but I haven't convinced anyone to do this with me yet.

I am playing Hollow Knight. I love the art style, but it mostly reminds me how bad I am at platformers, so every time I start I play until I get frustrated and give up for the time being.

I'm still putzing around in Warhammer: Vermintide every now and then for some good ol' stabby stabby. My general feeling is that they have finally now released all the free content updates that should have been in the game at launch.

This morning I am starting another 5e DnD campaign (as a player this time). We're running the Curse of Strahd adventure, and I'm playing a paladin. Should be fun. Anywho, I've got to go conquer undead tyrants in that now.

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #369 on: April 23, 2017, 10:42:33 AM »
I want to play some GW too.  I'd really like to get my GWAMM but I need to max 5 titles.

My friends and I have been playing 4th edition D&D for a few years now and it's getting old because the DM doesn't know when to end an encounter or move things along and there's no RPing.  We did a run through of a quest out of the starter box for 5th and it went super fast.  I don't care what edition I play just that the DM can be flexible.  Once we finish up this 4th ed. side campaign I'm not sure if we'll switch to our original campaign using 5th or go back to 2nd which we started it with or even stay with 4th!

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #370 on: April 24, 2017, 03:46:13 PM »
I've been playing NWN a bit. Because I can't ever stop. And I've played a little D3 with some friends from work. Other than that I haven't been playing anything.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #371 on: May 10, 2017, 08:59:47 PM »
The heck is a "Skyrim IV?" I assume you mean The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?

I am back on Path of Exile again, and have been since mid-January. (I played Grim Dawn before it) There are a lot of games I want to play and have gotten ready to play or started but am waiting to finish Legacy League in PoE. I re-started the original Witcher about a month ago, and played through to a certain point when I decided to focus back on PoE. I intend to play the 2nd and 3rd Witcher as well, which I recently got on sale. I also plan to re-play Skyrim fully loaded with mods in the new special edition version sometime soon, as well as the Amnesia games I recently got. I am also excited for a return to Subnautica and Terraria in the future, with all of the updates that have come out for them. On the list to play again/some more is also The Long Dark, but I'm waiting for them to finish the main story first, unless there's too many major content updates to resist.

Oh, and I'm still playing Zombidle. About a year of playing that now.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #372 on: May 10, 2017, 09:16:52 PM »
So Meclar, you're looking for something to play where you don't necessarily have to play for long stretches to get into, don't need a state-of-the-art system, and don't need to be fully focused to play decent?
Have you tried any Saints Row games?

RPG's specifically might be tough in that criteria, but if you like ARPG's (like Baldur's Gate or Diablo), Grim Dawn and Victor Vran are both very good choices and have great single player. There's also multiplayer for Grim Dawn, I can't remember if Victor Vran does, but I think not. Path of Exile is always my top recommendation but that has a huge learning curve, and an overwhelming amount of content, requires focus, and consumes an endless amount of time, it's also always online. You can play "single player," but still online.

Otherwise Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is a good choice too, but requires some decent specs.
Terraria, Craft the World, and Subnautica are also good choices of games you can pick up when you want to play, make progress and have fun, and then put down when you need to stop.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #373 on: May 10, 2017, 09:58:11 PM »
The heck is a "Skyrim IV?" I assume you mean The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?

I am back on Path of Exile again, and have been since mid-January. (I played Grim Dawn before it) There are a lot of games I want to play and have gotten ready to play or started but am waiting to finish Legacy League in PoE. I re-started the original Witcher about a month ago, and played through to a certain point when I decided to focus back on PoE. I intend to play the 2nd and 3rd Witcher as well, which I recently got on sale. I also plan to re-play Skyrim fully loaded with mods in the new special edition version sometime soon, as well as the Amnesia games I recently got. I am also excited for a return to Subnautica and Terraria in the future, with all of the updates that have come out for them. On the list to play again/some more is also The Long Dark, but I'm waiting for them to finish the main story first, unless there's too many major content updates to resist.

Oh, and I'm still playing Zombidle. About a year of playing that now.

There is an Oblivion mod for Skyrim. It actually looks pretty good. I've been meaning to check it out.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #374 on: May 22, 2017, 12:19:30 PM »
Throbble got into the Diablo 3 closed beta test for the Necromancer on Friday. We're both sleep deprived from staying up all weekend. Fucking cool. (Helped us avoid Bay to Breakers too.)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 12, 2017, 10:05:40 PM »
Guild Wars 2 has an open beta event for their next expansion this weekend, so I checked it out. It goes into the Crystal Desert and parts of Elona again (Nightfall), and Balthazar has become the villain. As usual the art is gorgeous, but they haven't really changed any of the things that made me stop playing, so I am not likely to actually buy it.

Was entertained to see that someone threw a googly-eyed basket over Balthazar's head at this shrine to the 6 gods though.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #376 on: August 23, 2017, 02:14:09 AM »
Sundered on Insane mode after beating Hard
WoT periodically
No Man's Sky

...Zombidle

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #377 on: August 24, 2017, 06:40:51 PM »
Was entertained to see that someone threw a googly-eyed basket over Balthazar's head at this shrine to the 6 gods though.

Ha! Good stuff. I don't play the game but it's good to know those kinds of things can happen.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #378 on: November 29, 2018, 01:21:36 PM »
Haven't played much this year. Had a span of about 9 months or so game free, and then played Subnautica again for a bit months ago, enjoyed the newest updates from the last time I'd played. Then went on to play The Long Dark again, tons of new updates there, it was great. After that went back to Terraria, last played that about a month ago, but intend to continue when I feel I have ample time.

Nothing "new" as of yet.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #379 on: December 16, 2018, 11:59:19 AM »
Not playing too much right now. Been pretty busy. I did recently do a campaign with some friends on NWN:EE. Also played some MTG: Arena and Destiny 2.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #380 on: December 31, 2018, 07:10:37 PM »
PC: Fallout 76

Mobile: Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

Nintendo Switch (Christmas Present for Throbble and me): Diablo 3

Tried to install Zelda on the switch but not enough space to install it AND D3 so we're waiting for a micro sd card in the mail.

The Smith Hold NWN:EE server is still up (almost) daily but no one ever visits.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #381 on: January 10, 2019, 03:09:03 PM »
PC: Fallout 76

Mobile: Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

Nintendo Switch (Christmas Present for Throbble and me): Diablo 3

Tried to install Zelda on the switch but not enough space to install it AND D3 so we're waiting for a micro sd card in the mail.

The Smith Hold NWN:EE server is still up (almost) daily but no one ever visits.

Uh, if you had visit logs you would see that I had been on there two or three days in a row!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #382 on: January 18, 2019, 10:59:20 AM »

Uh, if you had visit logs you would see that I had been on there two or three days in a row!

I take it back. Looking at the database, several people, including you, have logged in since we brought the server back up in April. A lot of repeat players, same account name but different character names, which implies they are probably taking advantage of the leveling/crafting systems. Five players started the Purple Dragon quest, though, after some testing I think the quest may be too hard for level 1 characters (even though it scales).

Throbble and I will make an effort to be more active then and I'll go back to work on finishing the 9th (final) PDK questline.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #383 on: January 18, 2019, 07:09:42 PM »
Nice, I've been waiting for the PDK quest to finish. :D I'll have to make some more characters and get on. I've been having an issue with the toolset where if I create a placeable and place it on a tileset the toolset crashes. Not sure what the problem is. Waiting to see if Beamdog updates it or not.