Author Topic: What is everyone playing  (Read 186726 times)

Offline Calia

• View Profile
    • Email
What is everyone playing
« on: October 22, 2009, 10:05:13 AM »
So yeah I seem to be coming back from the dead again randomly with random questions and blurbs and than will prolly disappear as my mind dosnt seem to stay focused for very long though I will admit my last disappearance was because I was sick of computer games and was addicted to Fallout 3 on my 360 lol but anyways

So what is everyone playing these days I see topics on GW and Diablo 2 but was wandering if thats where everyone is hanging out at ^_^.

I have diablo 2 and have put in many many hours and am not overly looking to go back to the PvP enviroment it presents unless they have done somthing about hackers, hexors and so on and there is legit PvP some where.

I have no experiance at all with GW honistly stayed away from it because its title has me picturing it as alot of PvP action

I use to play WoW and may get back into it because I like questing raiding and you know doing things with the guild and such

So untill The Old Republic is released and seeing if its gonna be worth the purchase or not ( I hope so it is Bioware) I Tend to play games with my roomies right behind me which makes for a more intresting experince as to have empty soda bottles thrown at your head when you screw up ^_^ but would as like if there was anything out there that offers the RP experiance that seems to have died in all games since NWN

So what are ya playing out there and what keeps you playing  it ^_^

-Calia

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: What is everyone playing
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 11:13:39 AM »
Guild Wars at the moment.

I plan to get Dragon Age, unless it totally bombs.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 07:42:25 PM »
I don't play with these guys... they're a bunch of newbs.

Nah, actually I'm re-playing Warcraft III and expansion... it's been some time. My wife is re-playing Warcraft II and expansion. I got a list of re-plays I'm hoping to get to, but know I won't get to all of them for awhile. Age of Empires I, II, III, Empire Earth I, II, III and Age of Mythology.

Been in an RTS mood as of late. Otherwise I just play random shit, or I work on my website for awhile, or I'll make music for awhile... or who knows what else... sometimes I just get in TV moods and watch TV almost exclusively for a week or two... movies and such.

I'm seriously feeling like a music mood is going to be coming on though... found myself singing quite a bit the other day and my favorite band just released a new album which is fucking spectacular.

Plus I'm finding myself cheating my way through the Warcraft III expansion and I didn't cheat at all throughout all the campaigns in the original, so that means I'm starting to get bored of it. Let's see if I can force myself through the rest of it. In doing so, however, I may end my RTS mood... or it might already be too late. :D

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 10:35:20 PM »
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

Wolfenstein (The single player story rocks, the multiplayer is half-assed and worthless)

Diablo II USWest (though I do have East and Euro chars)

and of course, Legend of the Green Dragon

I also plan to get Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition for the 5 new DLC add ons. I played through Fallout 3 twice but I didn't want to pay for the DLCs. Oh, and I'll be playing StarCraft II when it comes out and I'll definitely check out multiplayer after I finish the single player campaign.

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 09:21:21 AM »
Guild Wars

Diablo (once or twice a week)

Going to get Star Craft 2

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 10:14:59 AM »
I was playing C9 but then it went p2p in korea and i couldnt play anymore >_<

Right now im playing S4 League and Valkyrie sky.

S4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwZKKwcTnJE
Pretty much like a better version of gunz but without the glitched "styles" but with skills and different game modes, theres a mode that is pretty  much like rugby but with guns and swords.

Valkyrie sky - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW2p_aHPWzk
I think i already talked about this one months ago, now its open again.
vertical shooter mmo, with classes, skills, stats, loot, quests and all that.

Also i finished Resident Evil 5 and Mini Ninjas last month. And im waiting for kotor online aswell :p.

Offline Calia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 11:19:49 AM »
Cool I jsut grabed the Guildwars trial version if I like it I may pick up a full version and expansions and if my current computer meets specs untill new one is built mabye guildwars two if everything pans out well ^_^ will be trying it tonight I hope so wish me luck with that and any pointers welcome hehe

oh okie for those who know me and have a normaly understanding of my playstyle

Elemintalist - these seems to be the mage class of nuke and run becasue your squishy up close and a large piece of artillery in the back ground

monk - I understand that this is a healing spec class does it have any offense or all def. and healing ?

Roomie grabed it as well so she will more likely play ranger

also dose this run in domains servers realms how does the split up work ? for where everyone is incase I try to find some one stilll playing?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 11:55:35 AM »
Cool I jsut grabed the Guildwars trial version if I like it I may pick up a full version and expansions and if my current computer meets specs untill new one is built mabye guildwars two if everything pans out well ^_^ will be trying it tonight I hope so wish me luck with that and any pointers welcome hehe

oh okie for those who know me and have a normaly understanding of my playstyle

Elemintalist - these seems to be the mage class of nuke and run becasue your squishy up close and a large piece of artillery in the back ground

monk - I understand that this is a healing spec class does it have any offense or all def. and healing ?

Roomie grabed it as well so she will more likely play ranger

also dose this run in domains servers realms how does the split up work ? for where everyone is incase I try to find some one stilll playing?

Guild Wars is very easy on system specs.  You'll play on the American server with everyone else in America.
Monks do have some offensive capabilities but they are quite limited.  You've got the rest down pretty well.  If you decide to buy you should get all the expansions which will include 4 more classes.

Offline Calia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 01:55:55 PM »
O.O 4 more classes the web site wasn't overly friendly on setup wise or classes though I am use to the WoW site where you can sit down and hammer out a char before even playing the game lol.

I'm gonna go check to also see what the specs are gonna be for GuildWars 2 zeeing as most will be moving over to that game when it is relased

-Calia

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 02:27:26 PM »
O.O 4 more classes the web site wasn't overly friendly on setup wise or classes though I am use to the WoW site where you can sit down and hammer out a char before even playing the game lol.

I'm gonna go check to also see what the specs are gonna be for GuildWars 2 zeeing as most will be moving over to that game when it is relased

-Calia

I don't think GW2 will be out in under a year's time.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 03:52:24 PM »
I could play gw again sometime, but like i told mo i studying again now so cant stay too long during week days, because when they usually come online its like almost midnight for me :p.

But it could be nice on weekends if we can be 5 instead of always the same 3ppl :p

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 04:08:34 PM »
I have a trial key for one of the expansions if you're interested.

As far as builds go for a class check GW PvX for ideas: http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
One of the things I didn't like about WoW was having to pay inorder to re-spec. In Guild Wars it's a matter of saving a template and switching to it when you want it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 05:26:52 PM by Meclar »

Offline Calia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 08:47:14 PM »
Thats cool ^_^ yeah WoW though came out with a duel talen spec that you payed for once adn you could switch it and equipment on the fly which was great for classes like the druid so they could switch between DPS and Healing but pointless for Mages IMO as either way your DPS just depends on situations lol

gonna have to figure out what type of mage im gonna play
I tend to favor lightening or Ice ^_^ just because i like lightening and ice lol

-Calia

oh and I will think about gonna see if I can even get into it before i use up someones trial key ^_^

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 11:44:13 PM »
I have been keeping my Diablo 2 accounts active and still like to item hunt at least once a week. I will be getting a copy of Fallout 3 soon. I was bummed out last year that i couldnt buy it when it came out because I was too poor. But now the Game of the Year edition is up and i got a Best Buy gift card to burn on it! Been playing Legend of the Green Dragon as well. Mostly though it's still NWN for me. 420 and Throbblefoot have been adding a lot of new stuff to their server so I help them test frequently and sometimes just hang out. I also have been getting the hang of the Arelith server as well. For those who haven't tried it, its a pretty hard core RP. A bit over complicated so it takes some getting used to, but there are a lot of people playing it so its easy to just team up with some random stranger that you happen to bump into.
I nearly forgot I am also playing the new Tales of Monkey Island from Telltale Games.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 12:18:08 AM by cuchulann »
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Calia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 11:35:21 PM »
Okie so I am playing Guildwars ^_^ and I enjoy it now I just need to learn the machanics of it I looked at the build page and sadly it makes no sense to me at all lol so im looking at two primary chars a monk and a Elemintalist now I know they can be mixed but wasnt sure if it was worth it or not so any suggestions would be awsome. I only have the first game goty edition atm ( didnt have enough money to get the trilodgy pack :( ) but i did net soem fancy items i guess and a imp lol for it ^_^

so yeah help me teach me ^_^

-Calia

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 09:09:54 AM »
If you play monk you can go through the game fairly quickly with pick up groups but you'll be expected to play as a protect/healer monk.  The elementalist is straight up damage with mainly AOE spells.  I'd go for monk.  Monks make up 1/4 of all teams so they're always in demand.

Add Mo and me to your friends list we have a guild with a guild hall and leave your IGN so we can add you:  Erujuj Matterhorn + Lord Ribs

:D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 09:12:01 AM by Meclar »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 12:54:55 PM »
I'll be on every now and then too, Calia.  I haven't gotten on too much since starting college, but if I'm on I'll be glad to lend a hand.  Just add Elessar Telrunya to your buddy list.  I have a ranger still early on in the game, so I can help get you through parts with her too.

Offline Calia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2009, 01:03:25 PM »
okie I have two characters made one mainly for learning the game slowly with my roomy that is my monk ( Syleah Felrei)

the char I will be playing alot and would love to meet up with all of you is ready for it ( Calliandra Kanrei) :P

I have you three added to her friends list or my friends list or how ever it works ^_^

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2009, 09:14:56 PM »
okie I have two characters made one mainly for learning the game slowly with my roomy that is my monk ( Syleah Felrei)

the char I will be playing alot and would love to meet up with all of you is ready for it ( Calliandra Kanrei) :P

I have you three added to her friends list or my friends list or how ever it works ^_^

I added you.  I'll be online for a bit tonight.  Meclar I keep missing you by an hour. wtf

Offline Calia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 08:24:52 AM »
I will be off and on through out the day's and such I work allot at night (3:00p.m. to 12:00 a.m.EST) so my times are gonna be a bit odd until I get use to that

Plus I'm looking at going back to school as soon as I can figure out what to do with my life :S sad it seems like the military and jr. high schools are the only place that still offer some type of aptitude testing so im suffering with where to direct my knowledge as random and some slightly useless random knowledge that I may possess

So yeah may be on some today I'm exhausted and may just veg. out if you see me on msn rather it be via my 360 shoot me a quick IM chances are im laying on the couch watching a movie or something of that nature but would like to get on to met up with some one :)

-calia

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 09:43:48 AM »
That's funny Mo I keep missing you by 12 hours.  I whispered Calia but you didn't respond.  I'll be on tonight and tomorrow but not Wednesday.

Oh and Calia there's not much we can do to help you until you get out of Pre-Searing, the tutorial area where you start, unless we make a new character.  But to expedite that area just do the quest to gain a second class, pick a second class and then talk to the NPC near the gate in the city.  If you're going monk, elementalist is a good secondary because of its energy management skills.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 10:07:30 AM »
I prefer monk/mesmer, but whatever, and I wouldn't recommend rushing through the tutorial area.  If you get as much experience as you can there, it'll make the rest of the game much easier to handle.  You should be able to get at least to level six if you do most of the quests available.

Offline Calia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2009, 08:43:41 PM »
That's funny Mo I keep missing you by 12 hours.  I whispered Calia but you didn't respond.  I'll be on tonight and tomorrow but not Wednesday.

Oh and Calia there's not much we can do to help you until you get out of Pre-Searing, the tutorial area where you start, unless we make a new character.  But to expedite that area just do the quest to gain a second class, pick a second class and then talk to the NPC near the gate in the city.  If you're going monk, elementalist is a good secondary because of its energy management skills.

Chances are I didn't even see the whisper lol still getting use to the setup and what not I will try to be on msn next time so you can buzz me there to get my attention lol

I was torn between Monk/Mesmer and Monk Elem the issues im seeing though is I dont fully understand how to gain new spells and such short of talking to random trainers all over the place which than makes it difficult for me to know where to put my skill points ( Calliandra my elem starts has flare and such but I enjoy lightening and ice spells in most games so me putting points into them seems pointless as i have no knowledge of when those spells will become avilable to me)

as for my monk which will rapidly become my main char because I just love the look and well feel of the char I guess I could cross to Elem for energy managment unless  I find something really neat about mesmer I dont completely understand how the 2 profession thing works because I have not yet taken on so I supose that will become clearer as I play more I should be on more tomorrow October 27 2009 :P some time during the daytime and maybe at night as well I have played through alot of the starting area if I wuld only reach level 6 as I am now level 5 with half a bar to go to 6!

-Calia

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 08:54:12 PM »
When you get out of the tutorial area, you'll get a lot of skills through quests, so I wouldn't recommend spending tons of skill points on buying skills at trainers unless you know you can't get it via a quest (gw wiki is very helpful in figuring this out - just look up the skill and it will tell you if it can be acquired in a quest or not in Prophecies), because that way you won't have to pay so much later when you have to use skill points to buy Signets of Capture to get elite skills.

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2009, 09:19:56 PM »
Elessar's right.  Keep the skill points that you have and gain the skills through quests.  As far as the attribute points (not skill points) those can be rearranged whenever you go to a town or outpost so it's not that you're putting those points into the spell itself.  Later on in the game, 3/4 of the way, you'll be able to take quests that will allow you to gain other secondary classes so that's WAY down the road but you do need to pick one secondary class while you're in the tutorial area.
skill points press H
attribute points press K
You gain each when you level up, until level 20, after 20 you'll only gain skill points.  You use skill points to buy other skills from skill trainers (along with gold).  I think the first skill trainer is in Yaks Bend in the northern Shiverpeaks.  You probably won't get there until level 11-15 so just save up those skill points until you get there and then spend them towards a build you'd like to play.
Oh, also there are two quests that will reward you with a total of 30 attribute points but again that's 3/4 of the way into the game.
My war has spent 408 skill points out of 693 . That's a lot of level ups.  :D

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2009, 09:57:13 PM »
Later on in the game, 3/4 of the way, you'll be able to take quests that will allow you to gain other secondary classes

I don't think those quests exist anymore.  Once you're level 20 you can change to any secondary for 500 gold at the temple of Balthazar.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2009, 10:30:31 PM »
They still exist - in fact, you must still complete one of them to get fifteen of the remaining thirty attribute points, I believe.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2009, 03:59:43 PM »
They still exist - in fact, ..., I believe.
Sorry, I just found this hilarious.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2009, 01:53:56 PM »
I just play WoW'zor. Fun game, plenty of people, lots of stuff to do. I've got a shit load of chars lol. A few 70's, an 80,  a few 60's. haha. :D My 80 DK is my fav though.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2009, 07:54:58 PM »
Yeah, I'd be playing WoW if I wasn't such a tight-wad with my money.