Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 33339 times)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 09:06:15 PM »
Hmm it kinda makes sense to remove the monk class just from the point of view that there really isn't an effective party build without a monk.  Meaning it's more or less mandatory and I guess they feel that party creation should be more flexible than that.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2010, 12:33:37 PM »
If they're making all classes more self-sufficient and capable of supporting a group, then yes, I understand the reason for not having a class whose primary function is healing and support, but their attitude towards traditional healing is demeaning in itself, especially for players like us who have healers as primary characters.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 10:08:57 PM »
Introducing the Ranger.

This was actually more interesting to learn about than the previous two.  GW2 rangers can only have one trap, one spirit, and one pet active at a time, but they can change between three pets that they have changed outside of combat.  Two things I thought were particularly interesting in the skill videos - in the spread shot video, the ranger used a flame trap to ignite her arrows, and in the serpent's strike video she threw her dagger to finish off the last opponent.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 09:15:49 AM »
Game looks like a lot of fun.  I can just get all this info from the game manual when it comes out.  These teasers are just annoying :P

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010, 04:57:51 PM »
Sharks?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2010, 05:34:21 PM »
Sharks?
My guess is that they're planning on some kind of underwater areas.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2010, 09:24:26 PM »
They are.  They announced fairly early on that there would be underwater areas available for exploration, but they haven't really told us much else.  I hope they give us more than just sharks for aquatic tamable animals though.

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2010, 02:49:43 PM »
Here's a do hicky that ties in HoM stuff to rewards in GW2.  I'm at 33/50

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/hall-of-monuments/

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2010, 09:37:43 PM »
Nicely done.  I'm at 16.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2011, 12:43:57 PM »
How long until GW2 is out? I'm seriously considering buying it.

So serious that I think I might even buy GW1. Anyone still playing consistently? I know that some are, just want to play it with people I know. :P
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2011, 12:59:52 PM »
How long until GW2 is out? I'm seriously considering buying it.

So serious that I think I might even buy GW1. Anyone still playing consistently? I know that some are, just want to play it with people I know. :P

Have fun with the lag/DCs (GW1). Regularly get 500ms ping. Combined with the fact it's a Co-op Multiplayer game...leaves it very boring. In fact, it feels like I have a bunch of friends over and we're playing an Xbox match.

GW2 is set to be exactly like GW1; but with a new story and graphics. Same level cap (20) same "Lobby Room" with instanced world outside of the city/outpost/town portal.

They say it's marketed for the Casual Gamer; funny I always considered myself Casual, but if this is what they meant then I guess I'm Hardcore :p
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2011, 01:53:36 PM »
GW2 is set to be exactly like GW1; but with a new story and graphics. Same level cap (20) same "Lobby Room" with instanced world outside of the city/outpost/town portal.

You should actually read about GW2 because it's set to be very different than GW1 with a persistent world.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2011, 09:20:39 PM »
So my question remains... I'm still thinking of buying GW1 for shits and giggles. Does anyone play? :P

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2011, 09:27:12 PM »
So my question remains... I'm still thinking of buying GW1 for shits and giggles. Does anyone play? :P

Only those who don't know any better :P
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2011, 10:26:54 PM »
You'll spend 30 bucks for the game and get maybe six months out of it.  It's worth it.  If I wasn't such a cheap bastard I would be playing now.  Hiking season is here so I'm not gonna bother paying for internet access which brings me to a good question for this forum; is leeching wireless...ness funny or morally reprehensible?

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2011, 12:56:31 AM »
You'll spend 30 bucks for the game and get maybe six months out of it.  It's worth it.  If I wasn't such a cheap bastard I would be playing now.  Hiking season is here so I'm not gonna bother paying for internet access which brings me to a good question for this forum; is leeching wireless...ness funny or morally reprehensible?

In my last apartment, I leeched for about 8 months lol. The connection was so good, that I could raid on WoW and never drop or lag at all. Was a fucking amazing connection!

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2011, 09:10:55 AM »
To answer everyone's questions:

1) Don't buy GW1.  Not worth it at this point unless you plan to play it a lot and finish all the campaigns before GW2 comes out next year.  There are newer games coming out in between so why not take a look at something newer?

2) Leeching wireless is morally wrong yes.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2011, 09:29:31 AM »
To answer everyone's questions:

1) Don't buy GW1.  Not worth it at this point unless you plan to play it a lot and finish all the campaigns before GW2 comes out next year.  There are newer games coming out in between so why not take a look at something newer?

2) Leeching wireless is morally wrong yes.

What if we don't have bandwidth limitations like in Canada?

And thanks for your response. :D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:50:36 AM by Mercy »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2011, 04:20:50 PM »
What if we don't have bandwidth limitations like in Canada?

And thanks for your response. :D

I have unlimited bandwidth thank you very much.  I had to sign petitions to make sure it stayed that way :)

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2011, 04:43:39 PM »
I have unlimited bandwidth thank you very much.  I had to sign petitions to make sure it stayed that way :)

Nice. :D I have been batting around moving to Toronto with my fiancee and the lack of unlimited internet scares me lol.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
Nice. :D I have been batting around moving to Toronto with my fiancee and the lack of unlimited internet scares me lol.

What do you want to move to T.O for? You can get unlimited bandwidth from the smaller DSL resellers.  I use Techsavvy as an example. 

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2011, 06:07:32 PM »
What do you want to move to T.O for? You can get unlimited bandwidth from the smaller DSL resellers.  I use Techsavvy as an example. 

For work. :P There is a software company there that is pretty awesome and I wouldn't mind working for them.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2011, 07:55:21 PM »
What do you want to move to T.O for? You can get unlimited bandwidth from the smaller DSL resellers.  I use Techsavvy as an example.  
http://teksavvy.com/en/res-internet.asp

The Linksys WRT54GL is sold as is with a 10 days warranty from the shipping date. This warranty is limited to 10 days because a third party firmware (Tomato/MLPPP) has been installed; therefore voiding any original manufacturer warranty. All routers are preconfigured and tested to insure that they are fully functional prior to shipping.

The price of the Linksys WRT54GL is a special offer while quantities last. This router can only be purchased by current TekSavvy clients with one of our High Speed Internet services (High Speed DSL or Dry-Loop DSL) or purchased by new TekSavvy clients signing up for one of our High Speed Internet services. One router per client only.
Holy shit, dude. That's awesome. That's the exact same router I use and I installed Tomato firmware on it ages ago. lol  They spelled "ensure" wrong.

Yeah, I wished I had actual OPTIONS around here when it comes to ISP's. There's one highspeed option and like four dial-up options. The bad part is that these fuckers overcharge for their internet service. The good news is, there is no bandwidth cap so that isn't an issue. It's still cheaper and more reliable than satellite, however.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 07:57:21 PM by Soul Sojourner »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2011, 08:43:45 PM »
I still play on occasion, but I'm really busy with school, so I really only ever get on during breaks.  I would really only buy it if you really, really want to play and play it consistently until GW2 comes out.  It's definitely still a fun game, especially since the content will be completely fresh to you, but there aren't as many people playing still, so it can be hard to get a decent group if you aren't in a guild (although if you do, I can get you an invitation to the guild Meclar and I are in, and they are always very helpful if you need anything).  I think the last I heard GW2 was supposed to come out towards the end of this year, but don't quote me on that, because I can't remember where I heard it - I might even be making it up. The GW2 website has lots of nice information.  The level cap is around 80 I think, but there is even spacing between levels.  From the sounds of it, the game play is going to be reminiscent of the original mechanics, but still very different, but I haven't been at any of the conventions/watched any videos from them to really check it out.  I know I will be getting GW2 when it comes out though.  It looks like it's going to be pretty good.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2011, 01:09:19 PM »
They released a new profession today - the engineer.  Not sure I particularly like this profession, but whatever.  That leaves one more caster profession to be revealed - I'm hoping they kept the mesmer, but the last three professions have all been new.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2011, 06:04:38 PM »
Arenanet released a new video today that features some cool game art as well a lot of really awesome game play footage.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2011, 08:35:51 AM »
Arenanet released a new video today that features some cool game art as well a lot of really awesome game play footage.
I like the piano piece in the movie. I'd love to have some music like that in a game.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2011, 09:16:01 AM »
Holy shit-fuck it's Mel!

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2011, 10:18:32 PM »
Holy fuck-shit

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2011, 12:42:11 PM »
Arenanet finally announced the Mesmer as the final profession for Guild Wars 2 - which we all kind of guessed at anyway.  They have a cute little illusion on their front page too.