LucidMagic > Feedback & Community

Hello!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mo:

--- Quote from: Meclar on April 21, 2009, 09:42:35 AM ---I jumped on a bus and went to Key West.  I'm on the internet for 30 minutes once a week. be back in about 2 months?

--- End quote ---

Haha wow.  How is it down there? I was actually thinking about heading that way as well.

420:

--- Quote from: Soul Sojourner on April 20, 2009, 07:08:55 PM ---420, Do you have a life? Like, I mean, at all? Even just a little bit?

--- End quote ---
Clarification please. What exactly about my post leads you to believe I have no life?

Elessar Telrunya:
Apparently not commenting on the explicit details of your personal life counts as not having one at all, at least in HeLL's books.  I'm just trying to finish my senior year of high school - it's been getting progressively harder to concentrate as graduation draws closer.  I think I have fifteen class days left or something.  I'm on break this week and I've been watching my carefully organized plan for completing my homework in a timely manner slip away.

I am slowly advancing my survivor character in Guild Wars - a level 18 ranger now.  She's almost there, but then there are two more tiers in the title track I want to achieve, so I tend not to be too risky with her.  Although a good normal mode FoW group could yield plenty of experience without much risk to the track once she gets to level 20 and has a decent skill bar.  I'll probably be on GW and NWN some this week since I still have time to finish my homework.

Soul Sojourner:

--- Quote from: 420 on April 21, 2009, 01:14:03 PM ---Clarification please. What exactly about my post leads you to believe I have no life?

--- End quote ---
I'm simply poking fun and I was inspired to do so after reading your post because of this comment:

--- Quote from: 420 ---Oh, and I've been staying up way to late to watch the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson so I've been spending any spare time trying to catch up on sleep.
--- End quote ---
This is funny because most people consider their spare time the time that they have left over to do whatever they want, while most of their time is comprised of doing things that need to be done, such as sleeping or working. For some people, this is the time they have between the time they get off work and the time they go to bed, for others, they've got work that needs to be done around the house in addition to that, and may have little to no spare time at all. This comment in quotes makes it sound like you use your spare time to sleep or otherwise do something that needs to be done (sleeping needs to be done, sooner or later). Whereas the rest of your time is filled with the other things you listed, things that you want to do, but do not need to.

Summary: It makes it sound like important things are lower on your priority list than entertainment or fun. (Backwards priorities)

I'm not saying this is true, I don't know about your every day activities or whatever, but this is the way it comes across in that post. That is why I found it funny, and poked fun at you. =P

--- Quote from: Elessar ---Apparently not commenting on the explicit details of your personal life counts as not having one at all, at least in HeLL's books.
--- End quote ---
Apparently Elessar is a homosexual, likes to eat shit with his bowl of rice, and tries to hide the fact that he's a clinically depressed weeaboo from his fake friends that use him in multiple ways on a daily basis.

*shakes his finger*

Actually, no. That's one assumption I don't make about you, Elessar. I just wanted to try it out too.

My books? What about my books? For some reason I recall someone else planning on making a similiar statement to mine. Hmm...

420:
I don't consider biological necessities to be part of "spare time". For me, spare time means time to do stuff that I want to do, not stuff that is not required of me by others or by nature. I regard eating, sleeping, bathing and using the toilet as inconvenient wastes of time that could be better spent entertaining myself.

Apparently, when I was young, I didn't require any sleep whatsoever. My mother used to take me to this park a couple towns over where all the parents brought their insomniac children in the middle of the night. It's weird playing in a sandbox and on swings and slides in your one-piece footy pajamas when it's pitch-black outside. I imagine it's a lot like being an Eskimo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version