Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 29302 times)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Hello!
« on: April 20, 2009, 10:11:19 AM »
Where is everyone? Studying for exams or something ???

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 01:57:15 PM »
Let's see, I just finished a major project for the CEP (the CEP Creature Wizard), I'm going through Fallout 3 again with a neutral karma, I just started a new Diablo 2 ladder character and I'm maintaining a household in Sims 2.

Oh, and I've been staying up way to late to watch the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson so I've been spending any spare time trying to catch up on sleep.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 07:08:55 PM »
420, Do you have a life? Like, I mean, at all? Even just a little bit?

As for me, bah... I found a new forum I've been going to for about a month now, which was great timing since about that same time this place and RoD completely fucking died. Since the new place is busy all the time, and it's actually it's slow period right now, haha, I have something to fill my board-posting needs. Although my going there doesn't slow me down anywhere else at all, I am still checking every day and I actually check that place last, since I consider it least important. I simply didn't have things to reply to either here or RoD, so I quickly ended up at my last forum to check.

Apart from that, I'm getting more hours at work so I'm working almost every day now, though last week I had a few days off it was because my fiance had an appointment on one day and the other two I was horribly sick. Also I've been doing a lot of yard work, it's spring you know?

I'll be doing a lot of work this summer, both at home and at work, so my activity may drop a little, but I usually try my best to keep it up to par. I got a lot of things I want to get done and things that need getting done. I got a reception thing to plan, yard work to be done, wood to be cut and transported, septic and drainage problems to fix (outside fixes mostly), a desk to build, and so much more. In addition I have no idea if I'll be getting many computers to repair or not, or if I'll be stuck doing more website design crap. Which is a hassle for the time it takes. Mostly I think I'll be pretty busy this summer, tis going to be fun.

I've also been watching a decent amount of movies lately... not sure why...

Oooh, and I've been trying out Civilization 4 + expansions in the last few days. I really haven't got to play too much of it, I started last Monday night, played only a little and then I was sick the next two days unable to do anything at all until I was actually able to play some more Wednesday night. Didn't play at all on Thursday but I played some Friday and yesterday. It's pretty fun but it gets boring easy like 3. Partially because I'm too controlling, obsessive, and thorough.

Just bought over $70 in groceries today... scratch that, probably closer to $50 something. I guess $20 of that was gas, haha.

Rant over.

Anyway, fuck you guys I'm about to have some Macaroni and cheese! Yayaz!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 07:10:58 PM by Soul Sojourner »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 09:38:40 AM »

Heheh I was gonna say something along those lines as well, but decided to let HeLL have at the predictable response.  I've been playing some GW lately.  Thought Elessar how to solo the FoW with his W/Mo the other day.  I must say that is a fun game, A.net did a really good job with it and I look forward to GW2.

Still waiting on the release of Mysteries of Westgate.  Wow I don't really know what going on with that fiasco, but I bet it sure must be interesting how a game that was finished 2 years ago is always being delayed at Atari.

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 09:42:35 AM »
I jumped on a bus and went to Key West.  I'm on the internet for 30 minutes once a week. be back in about 2 months?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 11:17:54 AM »
I jumped on a bus and went to Key West.  I'm on the internet for 30 minutes once a week. be back in about 2 months?

Haha wow.  How is it down there? I was actually thinking about heading that way as well.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 01:14:03 PM »
Clarification please. What exactly about my post leads you to believe I have no life?

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 02:08:10 PM »
Apparently not commenting on the explicit details of your personal life counts as not having one at all, at least in HeLL's books.  I'm just trying to finish my senior year of high school - it's been getting progressively harder to concentrate as graduation draws closer.  I think I have fifteen class days left or something.  I'm on break this week and I've been watching my carefully organized plan for completing my homework in a timely manner slip away.

I am slowly advancing my survivor character in Guild Wars - a level 18 ranger now.  She's almost there, but then there are two more tiers in the title track I want to achieve, so I tend not to be too risky with her.  Although a good normal mode FoW group could yield plenty of experience without much risk to the track once she gets to level 20 and has a decent skill bar.  I'll probably be on GW and NWN some this week since I still have time to finish my homework.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 06:53:21 PM »
Clarification please. What exactly about my post leads you to believe I have no life?

I'm simply poking fun and I was inspired to do so after reading your post because of this comment:
Quote from: 420
Oh, and I've been staying up way to late to watch the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson so I've been spending any spare time trying to catch up on sleep.
This is funny because most people consider their spare time the time that they have left over to do whatever they want, while most of their time is comprised of doing things that need to be done, such as sleeping or working. For some people, this is the time they have between the time they get off work and the time they go to bed, for others, they've got work that needs to be done around the house in addition to that, and may have little to no spare time at all. This comment in quotes makes it sound like you use your spare time to sleep or otherwise do something that needs to be done (sleeping needs to be done, sooner or later). Whereas the rest of your time is filled with the other things you listed, things that you want to do, but do not need to.

Summary: It makes it sound like important things are lower on your priority list than entertainment or fun. (Backwards priorities)

I'm not saying this is true, I don't know about your every day activities or whatever, but this is the way it comes across in that post. That is why I found it funny, and poked fun at you. =P

Quote from: Elessar
Apparently not commenting on the explicit details of your personal life counts as not having one at all, at least in HeLL's books.
Apparently Elessar is a homosexual, likes to eat shit with his bowl of rice, and tries to hide the fact that he's a clinically depressed weeaboo from his fake friends that use him in multiple ways on a daily basis.

*shakes his finger*

Actually, no. That's one assumption I don't make about you, Elessar. I just wanted to try it out too.

My books? What about my books? For some reason I recall someone else planning on making a similiar statement to mine. Hmm...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 06:54:57 PM by Soul Sojourner »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 07:06:31 PM »
I don't consider biological necessities to be part of "spare time". For me, spare time means time to do stuff that I want to do, not stuff that is not required of me by others or by nature. I regard eating, sleeping, bathing and using the toilet as inconvenient wastes of time that could be better spent entertaining myself.

Apparently, when I was young, I didn't require any sleep whatsoever. My mother used to take me to this park a couple towns over where all the parents brought their insomniac children in the middle of the night. It's weird playing in a sandbox and on swings and slides in your one-piece footy pajamas when it's pitch-black outside. I imagine it's a lot like being an Eskimo.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 07:36:58 PM »
That makes you sound like a bum. Can I be a bum too? I don't have any other income than my job... I don't think I could be a good bum... =(

I know all about not sleeping. It is very much a past-time for me. I still go without the sleep I need, but not like I used to. Setting sleep deprivation records on discussion boards just because I could, was utterly ridiculous. And not just beating the record, but setting it to be so long that I doubt anyone ever beating them. Those things were a pain though, it's not just staying up... you have to post every so often like 20 minutes apart or 30 or some such... makes it hard to play computer games unless you have a timer, therefore leaving you with less-than-preferred entertainment, making it that much harder to stay up. lol.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 08:47:35 PM »
That makes you sound like a bum. Can I be a bum too? I don't have any other income than my job... I don't think I could be a good bum... =(
What specifically makes me sound like a bum and why? I step over bums daily and I fail to see the similarity.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 12:41:41 AM »
What specifically makes me sound like a bum and why? I step over bums daily and I fail to see the similarity.

bum
n.
1. A tramp; a vagrant.
2. A lazy or shiftless person, especially one who seeks to live solely by the support of others.
3. An incompetent, insignificant, or obnoxious person: The batter called the pitcher a bum.
4. One who is devoted to a particular activity or milieu: a beach bum.

Right now, I'm too lazy to explain this to you. So I guess in that way, right now, I am being a bum and allowing a definition to do my work for me because I'm lazy. Haha. On another note, 2. was the definition I was volunteering for. Though living free without a cost to anyone would be preferable over a cost to someone. Not that such a thing is much of a possibility in any case.

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 03:43:14 PM »
eh I know something about being a bum I qualify for two of those definitions.

Weather's great considering back home is 50-60 degrees with rain.  Here it's in the mid-eighties.   Evrynight I'm out at the "celebration" and strolling the bar strip is always fun.  During the day I sleep on the beach.  Yesterday I watched the Vandenberg pull into dock.  I might be in some video fooage haven't looked 30 minutes and all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBQc0RKfeVg

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 04:46:09 PM »
Today is supposed to be the best day all week here. Enjoying the sun, getting yard work done. =D

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 01:20:06 PM »
Change of plans I'll be home by Monday and then to Vermont so I can live in the woods for a month. 
Somebody is checking the Bioware website on this library computer.  I get an extra 15 minutes today!