Author Topic: Avatars  (Read 47713 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« on: March 18, 2009, 06:55:18 PM »
I vote Mo should increase avatar size. I want to actually see my skull avatar dammit!
I JUST MADE THAT SHIT YESTERDAY AND I WANT TO LOOK AT IT WHEN I POST.
I CAN'T FUCKING SEE IT, MO!

I swear to something- that I'll make every post in caps lock! I'll friggin- hire orange glue to stick in your nostrils so you can't breathe. I'll have an ugly fat guy I know where a dress and post it on LM when you least expect it just to murder your ability to exist.

-------

I don't think they should be too large though... something like, 150-250x200-300. Taller is usually better to have at an increase over width to prevent stretching threads.

What? I didn't want the whole topic to be threats...

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Avatars
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 09:19:10 PM »
I can see your avatar just fine. Maybe your eyes are just fucked from using that ancient monitor for so long.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 01:21:31 PM »
Yes I must agree with 420.  It's actually quite big as it is.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 11:18:30 PM »
Yes I must agree with 420.  It's actually quite big as it is.
It's 80x107 pixels you shit! It's a fucking dot!

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 09:54:39 AM »
This doesn't look like a "dot" to me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 02:00:07 PM »
It's 80x107 pixels you shit! It's a fucking dot!
I just copied and pasted your avatar into Gimp and it's 150 X 200.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 03:28:47 PM »
If you seriously want more, you've got a problem.  If you're having genuine viewing problems, then you've got a browser problem.  Otherwise you're probably just going to have to deal with the resizing.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 03:29:31 PM »
He's drunk.  Nevermind him.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 07:23:27 PM »
I just copied and pasted your avatar into Gimp and it's 150 X 200.

Incorrect. The image size is 150 x 200. BUT the board has scaled the avatar to 80 x 107. I made the image 150 x 200 to fit the avatar size on my board. But I always forget this one shrinks all of my shit! I'm going to make a gigantic signature. Fucking huge. I'll stick a wallpaper in my sig, dammit! 1280x768! Alright... I won't do that... but still..! Hell, I don't even upload my avatars! EVER! I link to them! INJUSTICE DAMMIT!

What the heck do you have the limit set to, Mo? Usually it will scale the width or height, whichever is larger, to be the max size the limit allows, and then the smaller of the two to be whatever is suitable to prevent stretching. It's just weird if you set it to 107. 120x120? 150x150? Maybe? fuioerhfiernguogvnsb

Quote from: Mo
This doesn't look like a "dot" to me.

That screenshot is the size it is being shown to me as well... WHICH IS FUCKING TINY, DAMMIT! It's not a dot to you because it's not YOUR avatar! You don't have an avatar! You're insane! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?

Quote from: elessar
If you seriously want more, you've got a problem.  If you're having genuine viewing problems, then you've got a browser problem.  Otherwise you're probably just going to have to deal with the resizing.
What the hell!? Are you a shrink or something!?

Quote from: Mo
He's drunk.  Nevermind him.
CHANGE IT. CHANGE IT. CHANGE IT. CHANGE IT. CHANGE IT.

------------------

I don't care that this is unrelated, cause I'm an ass. Feel free to quote that whenever.

Hey, someone here should buy this:
http://www.zazzle.com/metallic_greenfire_skull_hooded_sweatshirt-235796180142370327
Gray and white versions are cheaper. But the black is sweet though.

You know, it will make you cool. You're not cool if you don't own a hoodie like that.
I don't actually expect anyone to buy it, I just wanted to show it off! We really should have a forum for showing off graphics... you can't imagine how much shit I make. I'm a regular... something. I spent all day yesterday working on that design, sadly enough.

END OF POST.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 08:28:37 PM »
1280x768!
Pfft, no body still uses that old resolution do they?

The new hotness is 1280X1024... Well actually it's 1600X1400 but my monitor is optimized for 1280X1024.

Anyway, my avatar is blurry enough as it is. If Mo increased the size anymore poor Dancing American Hero Homestar will fade out of existence completely!

We wouldn't want that now would we?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 08:56:09 PM »
Pfft, no body still uses that old resolution do they?

The new hotness is 1280X1024... Well actually it's 1600X1400 but my monitor is optimized for 1280X1024.

Anyway, my avatar is blurry enough as it is. If Mo increased the size anymore poor Dancing American Hero Homestar will fade out of existence completely!

I do, because any larger means everything else is too small.

Ew. This monitor can go up to 1920 x 1080. But no thanks...

Or you could simply resize/scale the image to whatever you like and not worry about it. Also if he changed it, it most likely would have no effect on an avatar until someone changed their avatar. In that case, I would have to un-link and re-link it to the same image.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 12:09:33 PM »
1920x1200 woohoo!

The more the merrier

I'd get this display if I could afford it

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/07/alienware-curved-display-rocks-crysis-at-2880-x-900/

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 12:59:11 PM »
yeeeesh, talk about being immersed in the game...I don't think that thing would even fit on my desk... (never mind the fact that I'm using a laptop, hehe...)

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 01:55:56 PM »
Hell that design is too high on the sweater and Hoodies aare out put it on a fleece not enough skulls on fleece

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 07:18:50 PM »
Hell that design is too high on the sweater and Hoodies aare out put it on a fleece not enough skulls on fleece
Ah, I suppose you didn't know you can move the design to anywhere you want on the hoodie, front or back, and place extras of the design on it as well. So you could have one on the front and one on the back. Or one on the front shrunk down in the top left or right corner, with a large one in the back. Or anything you want. You can also add any text in any color wherever you want.
That's the glory of Zazzle, I don't make the hoodie, they do, I just make designs, and you decide what to do with them. Also, putting multiple designs or more than one image of the same design costs them more to make so it costs the person more to buy. It's usually best to only put one on there for viewing purposes, and then let anyone interested in that design decide what they want to do, it's their money after all.

What's this fleece about anyway? What is that? I don't understand the second half of your comment, it sounds like you're saying that hoodies aren't "in" anymore and that it should be put on a fleece. If that's the case though, hoodies around here are still really popular and I love em, though I don't know what a fleece is supposed to be so I can't comment on that. I personally like zip up hoodies way more than pull-overs, but I haven't found anything like that on there yet. I plan to put the other colors of that particular design (red flame/blue flame) up there too, as well as throw some on some other merchandise. I simply enjoy making the designs, if people like them enough to want merchandise with them on it, good for them and good for me. If they don't, I enjoyed making the design regardless, good for me. =D

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 08:38:54 PM »
Ah, I suppose you didn't know you can move the design to anywhere you want on the hoodie, front or back, and place extras of the design on it as well. So you could have one on the front and one on the back. Or one on the front shrunk down in the top left or right corner, with a large one in the back. Or anything you want. You can also add any text in any color wherever you want.
So, for instance, you're saying I could shrink down your designs and place them over both nipples with the word "suck" under each one? Cool!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 09:24:43 PM »
So, for instance, you're saying I could shrink down your designs and place them over both nipples with the word "suck" under each one? Cool!

Yes. And if you really want to do that, I wouldn't be offended, but instead encourage it! That would cost you more, and put money in my pocket, so go ahead.  Enjoy.

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 11:14:50 PM »
I can't load a different avatar.  Other than the list that the forum gives.  I've tried as small ass 100x100pixels

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 11:48:43 PM »
I can't load a different avatar.  Other than the list that the forum gives.  I've tried as small ass 100x100pixels
Use photobucket or imageshack and tell it to link to an off-site avatar. Put the url in the box.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 12:30:52 AM »
Sweet! Bigger avatars! Woohoo! It seems it automatically scaled them to the largest size though, that's kind of weird. Is there any control over that? If not, 420 wouldn't be able to change his.

If 420 doesn't like it and you can't fix it from scaling to the largest size, then change it back to make his look better. I'm not greedy.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »
It seems it automatically scaled them to the largest size though, that's kind of weird. Is there any control over that?

I think I've fixed that problem.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 01:05:18 PM »
I think I've fixed that problem.
Sweet.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 02:10:15 PM »
Awesome! Thanks, Mo.

Now for Avatars Part Two: (lol)

I forgot to say in my last post, if anyone (like Meclar or Elessar) wants a custom avvie I can make one. Also, Meclar, I'd be willing to leave it on my photobucket so you would actually be able to use it. Uploading avatars on the actual site you plan to use them usually isn't the best idea, since much of the time that sweet avatar you want to use is too big. Not too big in terms of height or width, but too big in terms of file size. Much of the time forums have that size set really low, and you're forced to use a tiny image or a low quality one to get it to work. The best way, is just to upload them on a image hosting site, and link to them where it says link to off-site url.

So if anyone wants one, let me know. The size would be 150x200 or less, and most likely I would use the max size as that is my standard for avatars, but if you want less tell me.

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 07:15:57 PM »
Yeah Hell I just tried the link from photobucket but either I have to wait for it to change or it didn't work...........That's a negative no worky work and btw there's a million links one of which said for forums...........oh I get what they mean by that one nvm
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 07:21:18 PM by Meclar »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 07:22:29 PM »
Yeah Hell I just tried the link from photobucket but either I have to wait for it to change or it didn't work.
So you uploaded a file on photobucket, and then went under the photo where it says "direct link" copied that and pasted it into the spot in your profile that says: "I have my own pic:" and also had the little radio button thing selected for "I have my own pic:"?

The one that says it's for forums will just include the image tags you need to use in posts. Don't use those.

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 07:39:05 PM »
Yup

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 08:16:03 PM »
Yup
Alright, here's some screenies to show you in case you missed something. It should work without fail.

1. Go to photobucket.com. If you do not have a photobucket account, then create one.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g105/HeLLMasteRHeLL/Shit/photobucket.jpg

2. After creating the account, log in and upload the image you want to use as an avatar.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g105/HeLLMasteRHeLL/Shit/Upload.jpg

3. Once the image is uploaded. Find it in your album and find the spot that says direct link directly beneath the image. Highlight the url it shows, right click on it and hit copy. Make sure the little box doesn't disappear when you go to hit copy, otherwise you need to do it again, as it won't always copy it when that happens.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g105/HeLLMasteRHeLL/Shit/Copylink.jpg

4. Go to your profile here on LM. Click "Forum Profile Information" under "Modify Profile."
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g105/HeLLMasteRHeLL/Shit/goprofile.jpg

5. Then go down to where you can edit your avatar. Go down to where it says "I have my own pic:" and click the radio button next to it.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g105/HeLLMasteRHeLL/Shit/changeavatar.jpg

6. Go to the text box to the right of that and paste the url you copied off your photobucket into that box.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g105/HeLLMasteRHeLL/Shit/changeavatar.jpg

7. Finally, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "change profile."
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g105/HeLLMasteRHeLL/Shit/poo.jpg

That should do it. Hopefully that helps.

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 08:37:31 PM »
Yup did it all  Emilio was meant to be

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 08:40:35 PM »
Hmm. There should really be no problem with it working at all. Can you please link me to the avatar you're trying to use?

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 10:10:41 PM »
pfft and give you access to view my albums! never!