Author Topic: Game Banshee Reviews Storm of Zehir  (Read 5224 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Game Banshee Reviews Storm of Zehir
« on: February 23, 2009, 07:30:16 PM »
Check this review by Game Banshee of the new NWN2 expansion pack: Storm of Zehir Review

First paragraph:
From reading the forums here, I know that there are some people out there who hate Obsidian Entertainment with a passion, and who for some reason think that Knights of the Republic 2 and Neverwinter Nights 2 are an affront to western civilization. I’m not one of those people. I’d much rather champion a developer who tries new and interesting things but sometimes fails, rather than simply going along with a developer who clones ideas and succeeds. But something just seems to be wrong with Obsidian. They usually come up with good ideas, but can they actually develop games? Can they finish a project on time and without a plethora of bugs? Recent evidence suggests that the answer to these questions is “no,” and Storm of Zehir, their latest expansion pack for Neverwinter Nights 2, is at best a black eye for them.
And I thought I was being harsh with my opinions of Obsidian.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: Game Banshee Reviews Storm of Zehir
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 01:43:41 PM »
I finished the game and enjoyed it the whole way through.  There are a few bugs that I would call "important" but not "show-stopper".  There are community fixes for them, unfortunately I didn't notice an official patch.

The only real problem I had with SoZ is that it's too small, but then again it's only an expansion.  I finished it with my chars at level 20.