Author Topic: testing times  (Read 11764 times)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
testing times
« on: February 14, 2009, 04:57:45 PM »
I'll post in here if I'm testing anything, and I'll give advance notice if I have it.
---
Current Details:
I will be testing tomorrow (February 22) through the evening, updating things as I can.  Here's the current module rundown, please note that some conversations are not entirely finished.

Please start with new characters.  You'll be given enough experience to get to level 5 to start.

Areas
13 areas so far:
1 exclusive to monks (or it should be, haven't tried to enter with a non-monk yet)
1 partially exclusive to mages (arcane casters/bards don't count)
1 death plane
Not all doors in place lead to areas yet
Some areas still need encounters, so they are just explorable for now

Monsters
I think I've fixed the encounters with overpowered enemies by now, and I encourage group work because it will make the encounters easier to handle in general

Death
I need to see:
-if the corpse can be picked up and dropped properly and if the name follows as needed
-if the adjustments to Resurrect and Raise Dead are working
-if the corpse is deleted when in someone's inventory and a player chooses to revive at the cost of xp and gold

Known issues
-opening the magic items page of the mage shop causes me to crash, I don't know if this is universal, nor do I know why...
-one area with a chance encounter, the guards will sometimes turn on you if they get involved in the fight because of mind-affecting spells or if they get hit by an area of effect spell you cast
-horses don't return between log-ins yet...working on that
-mysterious inventory glitch where items are not visible sometimes

A variety of classes would be helpful, including arcane and divine casters, rogues, monks and melee-types

If I'm not around, just post here with any issues you find.  I'll post again tomorrow when I get the server up with details and hopefully a working direct connect address
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 03:20:24 PM by Elessar Telrunya »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Re: testing times
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 05:51:56 PM »
I intend to put up the server for testing this Sunday, February 22 during the afternoon and evening EST.  I'll post more details later this week.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 06:38:55 PM »
I intend to put up the server for testing this Sunday, February 22 during the afternoon and evening EST.  I'll post more details later this week.
Somehow I missed your first post, but I'll be around this Sunday to help test.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 07:33:09 PM »
I'll try to remember.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 09:08:10 PM »
Current Details:
I will be testing tomorrow (February 22) through the evening, updating things as I can.  Here's the current module rundown, please note that some conversations are not entirely finished.

Please start with new characters.  You'll be given enough experience to get to level 5 to start.

Areas
13 areas so far:
1 exclusive to monks (or it should be, haven't tried to enter with a non-monk yet)
1 partially exclusive to mages (arcane casters/bards don't count)
1 death plane
Not all doors in place lead to areas yet
Some areas still need encounters, so they are just explorable for now

Monsters
I think I've fixed the encounters with overpowered enemies by now, and I encourage group work because it will make the encounters easier to handle in general

Death
I need to see:
-if the corpse can be picked up and dropped properly and if the name follows as needed
-if the adjustments to Resurrect and Raise Dead are working
-if the corpse is deleted when in someone's inventory and a player chooses to revive at the cost of xp and gold

Known issues
-opening the magic items page of the mage shop causes me to crash, I don't know if this is universal, nor do I know why...
-one area with a chance encounter, the guards will sometimes turn on you if they get involved in the fight because of mind-affecting spells or if they get hit by an area of effect spell you cast
-horses don't return between log-ins yet...working on that
-mysterious inventory glitch where items are not visible sometimes

A variety of classes would be helpful, including arcane and divine casters, rogues, monks and melee-types

If I'm not around, just post here with any issues you find.  I'll post again tomorrow when I get the server up with details and hopefully a working direct connect address
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 03:20:04 PM by Elessar Telrunya »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 02:36:19 AM »
I'll see if I can get on at that time, I might be at work while you do it though.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 03:41:08 PM »
Okay, the server is up.

Archipelagos under Action
mod: Archipelagos - Dev Mod

the IP as I read it: 24.147.103.152: 5121
pass: foxtrot

If you do not see it under action, try using the buddy list panel to see if I am online.  My login is ElessarTelrùnya.  If that still does not work, post here.  I'll check every now and then until I know people can log in, and if I see something, we'll meet up in Smith Hold and try to work it out.

edit: fixed internal ip.....still checking up on status of my port forwarding for my router
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 04:03:44 PM by Elessar Telrunya »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 04:37:33 PM »
sorry to double post.  I fixed my port forwarding and can now see Archipelagos in gamespy.

Direct Connect: 24.147.103.152:5121
Password: foxtrot

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 04:51:16 PM »
Got in but was rejected.  :/ need 2.2 downloading it now.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 04:53:11 PM »
rats! I got so excited when I saw you got in too! Oh well, at least I know you could connect to the server....gods, my 'o' key keeps failing on me....

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 07:06:03 PM »
I seem to be at a loss for finding the correct tlk file. ive found a couple copys of 22_v1 but the message i get when i fail to enter is i need 22_v2.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 07:17:27 PM »
It should be in the most recent version of CEP, but I'll upload it here in case you have trouble finding it.  I'm also having trouble finding a valid link to the CEP updater, which 420 suggested might fix one of my bugs.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 07:31:29 PM by Elessar Telrunya »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 07:29:34 PM »
I seem to be at a loss for finding the correct tlk file. ive found a couple copys of 22_v1 but the message i get when i fail to enter is i need 22_v2.
22_v2 is only used to force players to use a specific revision of v2.2 of the CEP. Unless you are looking to restrict which revision of v2.2 you want players to use you should always use 22_v1.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 07:36:12 PM »
fixed.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 10:00:14 PM »
Well after getting the tlk file I was still missing a few files, which it did not let me know the first time. Then after trying to dig them up from two locations and using the updater, (which failed to work) I was still missing files. I always have this problem with CEP mods, I just never can get all the pieces unless someone basically hand delivers it to me. I guess it just wasn't meant to be for me today.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 02:09:42 PM »
Well after getting the tlk file I was still missing a few files, which it did not let me know the first time. Then after trying to dig them up from two locations and using the updater, (which failed to work) I was still missing files. I always have this problem with CEP mods, I just never can get all the pieces unless someone basically hand delivers it to me. I guess it just wasn't meant to be for me today.
If one of the missing files is cep2_add_sb_v1.hak, then you probably have the file but also have a cep2_add_sb_v1.erf in your /hak folder that should be removed (or moved to the .erf folder).

For some reason, if you have a .erf file that has the same name as a .hak file in the /hak folder the game can't see the .hak file.