Author Topic: Running the Toolset & Client Fix - Multi-Core Processors  (Read 8273 times)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Running the Toolset & Client Fix - Multi-Core Processors
« on: February 07, 2009, 09:08:21 PM »
I keep receiving this error in the toolset, usually when I exit a conversation/item properties box.  Whenever I hit OK, the box just keeps reappearing.  Does anyone know what this is? It's rather aggravating because I have to use the task manager to close the toolset and reopen it and hope it backed up the mod I was working on.
Access violation at address 04EB353D in module 'ig4dev32.dll'.  Write of address03690048.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 06:22:56 PM by Soul Sojourner »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: toolset error
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 07:43:48 PM »
The only time I experienced toolset crashes was when I got my dual core computer.

If you have a multi-core computer make sure the Toolset is only using one processor. Open nwntoolset.ini and enter the following line under [Start Up]:
CPU Affinity=1
Make sure that nwnplayer.ini under [Game Options] has a different CPU specified so you can run the toolset and the game at the same time:
Client CPU Affinity=0

You can also try the NWN:HotU English Critical Rebuild if the CPU affinity thing doesn't work.

Let me know if any of that helps.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: toolset error
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 09:24:28 PM »
Sweet tip, 420. I didn't know that. I just did that to mine, I haven't had problems with the toolset but I wasn't able to run the game and toolset at the same time.