Neverwinter Nights > NwN Building

Running the Toolset & Client Fix - Multi-Core Processors

(1/1)

Elessar Telrunya:
I keep receiving this error in the toolset, usually when I exit a conversation/item properties box.  Whenever I hit OK, the box just keeps reappearing.  Does anyone know what this is? It's rather aggravating because I have to use the task manager to close the toolset and reopen it and hope it backed up the mod I was working on.

--- Quote ---Access violation at address 04EB353D in module 'ig4dev32.dll'.  Write of address03690048.
--- End quote ---

420:
The only time I experienced toolset crashes was when I got my dual core computer.

If you have a multi-core computer make sure the Toolset is only using one processor. Open nwntoolset.ini and enter the following line under [Start Up]:

--- Quote ---CPU Affinity=1
--- End quote ---
Make sure that nwnplayer.ini under [Game Options] has a different CPU specified so you can run the toolset and the game at the same time:

--- Quote ---Client CPU Affinity=0
--- End quote ---

You can also try the NWN:HotU English Critical Rebuild if the CPU affinity thing doesn't work.

Let me know if any of that helps.

Soul Sojourner:
Sweet tip, 420. I didn't know that. I just did that to mine, I haven't had problems with the toolset but I wasn't able to run the game and toolset at the same time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version