Author Topic: New themes!  (Read 23086 times)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
New themes!
« on: November 26, 2008, 04:31:49 PM »
In honor of Xen bringing Godspire back in full NWN2 glory, I've updated the LM to the latest patch and included a few new themes!

You can always change your theme via your Profile.

If you see any Themes you think would be cool: http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/

Let me know and I'll install em.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 06:15:04 PM by Mo »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New themes!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 06:19:47 PM »
Very cool.  Added those.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 07:54:09 PM »
Looks pretty cool.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 09:19:55 PM »
Very cool.  Added those.
Sweeet.

Oh dude... the SMF Revisited skin beeps when you scroll over the Nav menu. Gnarly.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 09:22:26 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 01:00:03 AM »
Looks good!
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 02:45:04 PM »
So far I'm the only one using a different skin except for a couple people using core. lol.

I've been switching back and forth between .DreamLike. and SMF: Revisited.

The SMF: Revisited one's post and reply layout is quite a bit different from the standard. It shows the topic as a larger box and all the replies as smaller boxes below it, trailing down to an end. The boxes are different from the usual ones though, they don't contain signatures and they're set up rather neatly, in my opinion. The Navigation Menu also has it's own custom cursor and the nav links make noise when you scroll over them. Seems very modern themed. While I like this skin, the topic layout takes a little getting used to, and I'm not sure whether I like the lack of signatures... mine is simply so beautiful.

As for .DreamLike. the color is simply magnificent on the eyes. I also really like how the images go perfect with the entire theme. I like to think the top image and navigation menu as being my favorite part of this theme. The topic layout is pretty standard, the signatures are there and all the boxes are connected together in a long list until the last post. I like darker styles typically, so this one suits me. However, I do not like the bar at the bottom separating the rest of the board from the copyright. That bar is a much brighter color, and it really stands out and annoys me when I look at it. The good news, however, is that it's at the bottom of the page. I would also prefer if the topic layout has a little separation between posts, rather than a simple line of posts from the first to the last, to make each post more defined and show every post as being it's own individual post. I also do not like the dotted lines around boxes within posts (quote boxes, etc.) as they are white and are rather bright by comparison.

Well, hey, is anyone going to try any of the themes at all? Maybe it's just me after all... well, that's my opinion. lol.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 02:58:52 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 07:03:34 PM »
I looked at some of the other themes but I prefer the default.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 07:05:55 PM »
I looked at some of the other themes but I prefer the default.

The default or core? I liked core (the old default) a lot better than the new default. I used that until he got the themes I mentioned on here. It's often hard to find something with the right colors that you can relax with, as well as be completely functional in all the ways you want it to be.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 05:28:08 AM »
FIne, you talked me into it. I kinda settled between the dream one and the old default.

Iv noticed that the right quarter of the Dream theme is kinda missing. Any thoughts on that?
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 06:14:59 AM »
FIne, you talked me into it. I kinda settled between the dream one and the old default.

Iv noticed that the right quarter of the Dream theme is kinda missing. Any thoughts on that?
The right quarter of it is 'kinda' missing? What do you mean? Maybe it's not missing on mine?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 12:36:38 PM »
The right quarter of it is 'kinda' missing? What do you mean? Maybe it's not missing on mine?
I think he means the blank gray box that the search field is in. You got this nice panorama beginning from the left and your eyes follow it to the right only to be abruptly stopped by a dull gray box. Ugly as shit.

I'm using the boards current default theme.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 01:20:28 PM »
Changed mine as well, but I do like the default a bit more.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 02:31:50 PM »
If you find any other SMF themes you like let me know I'll install them.  I like the new default as well.  Though if someone found a black/green theme I may choose that one.  I'm a sucker for green monochrome.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 03:31:26 PM »
If you find any other SMF themes you like let me know I'll install them.  I like the new default as well.  Though if someone found a black/green theme I may choose that one.  I'm a sucker for green monochrome.
Ha, during my search I did find a good one of those but passed it up thinking nobody would use it. LOL

Big gray box? Are you talking about the search field itself or just a big gray square with the search field in the square? I think it looks nice with the search field up there like that, it fits in where they chose to place it. But it doesn't look like anything is missing or a big gray box. Hmm...

I hate the new default, but I still like the old core. I couldn't find any 'perfect' themes, every one I found seemed to have at least a couple things 'wrong' with them. Some of them, the only problem, was the color. If they were the right color they would be perfect. lol. For me anyway. I don't think I could ever find a 'perfect' skin or theme for a forum that I could be truly happy with unless I made it myself. But that's how I am... lol.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 06:49:59 PM »

Are you talking about the search field itself or just a big gray square with the search field in the square?
The big gray square otherwise known as the "blank gray box". It may be a bit larger since I'm running 1280X1024 but it looks out of place.

Using the board's current default theme I at least get some login info in the upper right. This info is completely devoid from the Dream theme (who you're logged in as, link to unread posts, etc.)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 07:28:34 PM »
The big gray square otherwise known as the "blank gray box". It may be a bit larger since I'm running 1280X1024 but it looks out of place.

Using the board's current default theme I at least get some login info in the upper right. This info is completely devoid from the Dream theme (who you're logged in as, link to unread posts, etc.)

Ah, I see.

I hate the login info up there, lol.