Author Topic: GodSpire  (Read 52127 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: GodSpire
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2008, 03:11:10 AM »
I'll distribute the PWC everywhere I can. Here included. Lucidmagic will be the first location to see the file.
Well, of course!

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2008, 10:01:54 AM »
Mo, check your PM's. I'll finish up everything else best I can.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2008, 12:19:13 PM »
Got a whole lot done, Doriath is all but finished along with the Team Arena. Most area's are completed except Angband and small polishing in the DM Clubhouse.
Few little tweaks here and there on the scripts and we will have a playable version.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2008, 07:40:41 PM »
Got a whole lot done, Doriath is all but finished along with the Team Arena. Most area's are completed except Angband and small polishing in the DM Clubhouse.
Few little tweaks here and there on the scripts and we will have a playable version.
What about Marauders base!? HMM!?

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2008, 08:08:25 PM »
I think they're taking over Angband again.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2008, 09:10:34 PM »
Yes, Angband is ours once more. :)
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2008, 11:06:26 PM »
What about Marauders base!? HMM!?
Best for last buddy... Best for last...

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2008, 07:09:48 AM »
Best for last buddy... Best for last...
That's the spirit!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2008, 08:45:23 PM »
Alrighty, 420, I emailed an erf to you. Take a look at it if you have time.
Well I installed NWN2 and let the autopatcher run for an hour. Game starts up and everything seems fine. However, if I try to open the toolset (through the main menu or directly from the .exe) I get this error:
NWN2ToolsetLauncher.exe - Fatal error
CLR error: 800004005
The program will now terminate.
So, once again, Obsidian's gross incompetence prevents me from using NWN2.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2008, 04:48:35 AM »
Pains in the ass, did you google the issue?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2008, 12:16:44 PM »
Pains in the ass, did you google the issue?
Turns out the problem was Fallout 3 installed a half-ass version of .NET 3.5 and I had to download and install the full version from Microsoft. Why the NWN2 toolset requires .NET is a mystery to me.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2008, 09:02:42 PM »
Why the NWN2 toolset requires .NET is a mystery to me.

Ha! Doesn't surprise me.

I can't count how many games I've installed that all try installing different versions of the same shit, but will not want to function correctly until they're satisfied that I have *that* specific version. Then once the damn thing is installed, I can typically update it to the latest version and the game won't give a shit... until I reinstall the game anyway.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2008, 05:31:12 AM »
Fucking hell, I swear there is so much recycled shit in NWN2 from NWN1. Sentinel's are no longer Will-O-Wisps They have taken on a new look, which actualy feels better. But still I wanted the old feel...
Ok, Because of the sheer volume of recycled shit its taken me twice as long to get godspire 2.0 working.

Sorry for the Delay people, At least know where in Alpha 2/Beta 1 sort of Half half. But the last bit will simply be pollishing and ironing out bugs (Which can be done online).
So I will need some devoted GS fans to do said bug fixing.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2008, 01:39:32 PM »
Fucking hell, I swear there is so much recycled shit in NWN2 from NWN1. Sentinel's are no longer Will-O-Wisps They have taken on a new look, which actualy feels better. But still I wanted the old feel...
In NWN2 the Will-O-Wisp is a VFX instead of a creature appearance. I made one for my Tavern of Doors mod by setting the creatures Appearance to "Elemental, Air" (this makes it a null appearance with a selectable base) then set the Appearance (visual effect) to "fx_will_o_wisp".

I gave the filter script you sent me a quick once-over but I haven't had time to go through it thoroughly. I just finished my final project for the semester so I should have time this weekend to go over it. I'll send you an email with my questions/suggestions once I have a chance to go over it in more detail.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2008, 02:09:32 PM »
Hmm I know in SoZ there are will o' wisp as creatures.  Not sure if they are implemented the way 420 said or different.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2008, 06:17:49 PM »
Ok, Because of the sheer volume of recycled shit its taken me twice as long to get godspire 2.0 working.

Sorry for the Delay people, At least know where in Alpha 2/Beta 1 sort of Half half. But the last bit will simply be pollishing and ironing out bugs (Which can be done online).
So I will need some devoted GS fans to do said bug fixing.
Don't rush, man. Most of us won't be able to jump on the train right away anyway. Even if I personally were ready to, I wouldn't want you to feel like you should rush, because you, at least, are doing something. The fact that you're doing it in the first place, is good enough for me, can't speak for anyone else, but I'm sure it's the same.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2008, 02:36:59 AM »
In NWN2 the Will-O-Wisp is a VFX instead of a creature appearance. I made one for my Tavern of Doors mod by setting the creatures Appearance to "Elemental, Air" (this makes it a null appearance with a selectable base) then set the Appearance (visual effect) to "fx_will_o_wisp".

I gave the filter script you sent me a quick once-over but I haven't had time to go through it thoroughly. I just finished my final project for the semester so I should have time this weekend to go over it. I'll send you an email with my questions/suggestions once I have a chance to go over it in more detail.

No worries man, I will need all the help I can get. Ive had many a night up till the sun come up scripting and re scripting every fucking thing. Alot of the scripts compile fine but I have no idea if they will run.
I could also send you over GS's origional gate script, But I think the one I sent you is a better base. At least it was made for NWN2. By the way, if you have an MSN setup I could install it if you want to ask me anything about what I might require from the gate. I should probably send you over a better erf file with all of the gate info along with the includes.

Don't rush, man. Most of us won't be able to jump on the train right away anyway. Even if I personally were ready to, I wouldn't want you to feel like you should rush, because you, at least, are doing something. The fact that you're doing it in the first place, is good enough for me, can't speak for anyone else, but I'm sure it's the same.
Well that's appreciated, suffice it to say I wanted to release something as quick as possible. There has already been enough delays with NWN2's recent shitness.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2008, 10:55:57 AM »
Sentinels work finaly. I might include a little item that Sentinels can use to check players equip by simply using the item on a player (Just for scanning for illegal properties and the like, not an advantage in combat) And the item will report back to the sentinel with either verdict. If the player is found to be Invalid however they will be automaticly booted after a (Paralyzed) delay. Which will also fill them in on the reason as to why they are being booted. It will also scan the player itself aswell.

One thing I can't seem to get working is my Portable stool (I was having a break from the real scripting).
SetScale doesnt work.. As apparently the chairs actualy have to be scaled now? or is that wrong?
Tryed a GetScale(oPC and a SetScale(oStool but nothing works. The little bastard refuses to sit down..

Anyway, after I get this gate sorted with some small portion of the database setup (for sentinels, Bans etc) I'll release a version for online playing. All you guildies will have to wait though. The guild leader/member system is undergoing a rebuild.

Well that will conclude my update for now, going to watch some Eureka or whatever its called..

Cheers

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2008, 03:36:05 AM »
This makes me want to give NWN2 another chance. I havent played it since the first week it was out.

I think the Doriath gate should be broken and walkthru glitched just out of tradition XD

PS that Doriath database, fixed Guild leader Altur and membership staff was sooo fucking pro, just a thought
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2008, 04:10:28 AM »
It should be a little better than that.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2008, 07:11:21 AM »

Well that will conclude my update for now, going to watch some Eureka or whatever its called..

Cheers

Eureka 7 possibly? Good series until the last episode.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2008, 10:48:57 AM »
"A Town Called Eureka"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_(TV_series)

All I realy need for GS to be operational now realy is a decently setup gate and to finish the Guild scripts. Spose some testing will need to be done. I'll need like 4 people for that.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2008, 11:37:01 AM »
"A Town Called Eureka"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_(TV_series)

All I realy need for GS to be operational now realy is a decently setup gate and to finish the Guild scripts. Spose some testing will need to be done. I'll need like 4 people for that.

I will help test.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2008, 12:06:08 PM »
Oh Aye, I need 4 simply because the team arena requires 4 minimum. 2R - 2B. Also, I'll want to test adding players to the database. Sentinel leaders and the like.
I'm using a modified version of the old Soul Stone idea. Its much much better now. Easily find specific souls in the pools without actualy having to pull the stones out to look and risk letting in a banned player or what have you.

All done simply by changing the name of the stones to the name of the PC. I realy love that addition. And I always loved the old school godspire over the SQL version. Never liked SQL.
It felt wrong, not sure why. Anyways, hopefully Sir Four Hundred and Twenty can fix up the item portion of the gate for us to fit GS ruleset, after that its all on me to finnish the database setup and where gold for the first public Beta.

I dont want a piece of shit being released though. And I want to make it as small as possible (the mod file not the areas). Have to do some cleaning, make sure everything that isnt needed isnt there.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2008, 01:17:41 PM »
I thought using the SQL DB as a backend added a lot to GS.  Not to mention it's a lot easier to manage then the crazy file dbs that NWN shipped with.  We were able to have a GS website with all those stats and info right from the DB.  Could have developed that a lot more too.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2008, 02:16:24 PM »
Eureka is an awesome show!

And I will help test as well, just lemme know. :)
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2008, 10:56:22 PM »
Not saying SQL warmt good. Just never got into it in nwn. I night look into it for gs2. Cheers mercy, we will need a sentinel leader aswell hmm

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2008, 12:58:15 AM »
If you need another I could be on anytime up till 6pm tomorrow and then on later around 1230am if need be. Or anytime thursday as long as I know when by wednesday night.

PS Does anyone know a good arena to play on? I need to get back into practice building characters.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2008, 01:19:39 AM »
Godspire?

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2008, 06:59:44 AM »
I thought the hole point of this is that you havent put it up yet and I have NWN2 installed only. there are some differences between 1 and 2 and I would prefer to practice on the new game.
My PS3 Game Library: