Author Topic: GodSpire  (Read 52124 times)

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: GodSpire
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2008, 09:02:59 PM »
I believe it does, because he used the new version of the Toolset to do it. But I may be wrong. :P
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2008, 09:07:11 PM »
Yeah, but that can be fixed in NWN1, so can it be fixed in NWN2 as well?

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2008, 05:53:47 AM »
Well i'm using a few XP2 script functions, and alot of the fixes that came with the XP's are very welcome. So id rather not go back to the shit heap it was if I can help it. But the patches do fix alot aswell.
In the end though we can only go forward, I know GS was known for alowing all players regardless of there build to play. I'll see what I can do but as it stands its a XP1-2 module.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »
Shall I strip Knockdown? what do you people think?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2008, 01:11:45 PM »
Shall I strip Knockdown? what do you people think?

I haven't used it in NWN2?  Is it different from NWN1? 

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2008, 01:17:29 PM »
Just did a bit of a read, check 420's post. I think i'll leave it in.

Ok how about our item building privilages?

7 properties, max 10 Skills max 5 Stats?

Max ab, AC, etc etc
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:26:55 PM by Xen »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2008, 02:20:41 PM »
Item balancing will be a big issue since the max level for NWN2 is 30 instead if 40.

I don't have it installed so I can't check it out but what is the cost of various item properties in NWN2?

I say we start with a 5AC limit on items for now and allow higher AC if it's needed. Allow max skills and attributes (assuming the limits are the same as NWN) plus Haste, Freedom of Movement and possibly True Seeing depending on how it handles Hide in Plain Sight.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2008, 02:25:47 PM »
Item balancing will be a big issue since the max level for NWN2 is 30 instead if 40.

I don't have it installed so I can't check it out but what is the cost of various item properties in NWN2?

I say we start with a 5AC limit on items for now and allow higher AC if it's needed. Allow max skills and attributes (assuming the limits are the same as NWN) plus Haste, Freedom of Movement and possibly True Seeing depending on how it handles Hide in Plain Sight.

Yes it will definitely be a trail and error process.  Try one set of rules and tweak as necessary.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2008, 06:26:01 PM »
Awesome. Going out to pick up SoZ right now. :D

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2008, 03:45:10 AM »
Ok, well ive already set a 10 skill limit and a 7 on the ability limit along with 5 AC, I think I did the AC?.. The sun was coming up, cant remember now.. Anyway, i'll possibly send 420 an Alpha to tweak out what ever fuck ups ive made in my half asleep state.

Im working on a Duel Manager upgrade next, make it a little different than before. Perhaps I'll have it actualy space the players evenly away from each other so that there are no running in at the last minute on casters for a quick hit to disrupt or to avoid the loss of damage from their buffs. if you want to pass buffs maybe one should invest in a few caster levels for dispell.

I know that sounds like its unfair, but I want to keep it realistic, There is no one ultimate build. I want people with low SR to fear casters, and likewise caster fear monks. Because you will need all the casting time you can get if you take on a monk. And the fighter types will need to rethink their tactics if they want to take on a caster.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2008, 12:06:42 PM »
Going to install a fresh copy of vanilla NWN2, I'll see how I go making GS2 All versions compatable

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2008, 07:53:29 PM »
Going to install a fresh copy of vanilla NWN2, I'll see how I go making GS2 All versions compatable
I wouldn't piss with it for too long. The monkeys gotta come outta the cage some time.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2008, 02:22:27 AM »
Alright, Ive managed to convert GS to an All Versions compatible mod now. I had to fix a few things. But so far so good. I believe the script functions I used where actualy a part of one of the patches.
So all is good, I will try get as much done over the next few hours as I can. Hopefully i'll have a stable enough version for release.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2008, 03:08:20 AM »
I look forward to testing with a core NWN2 build. I haven't even unwrapped the first expansion.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2008, 03:33:28 AM »
Indeedy, Hold on a sec i'll send you the restrictions include for the gate. Would you mind giving it a look over I might have forgot something. I want to focus on making this bitch playable, I have got a few more things to work out. Namely how guilds are handled.

Numenor, Marauders and Doriath are all playable. Along with the all famous Sentinels of GodSpire. But they will be reworked because apparently you cannot access your inventory at all in Poly form.... So all you potential sentinels will have to set up a short cut to petrify people. Thats if I dont totaly redo it.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently we cant send files over the forum. I'll email it to you or something later.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 04:34:17 AM by Xen »

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2008, 10:01:32 AM »
Awesome. 420, check your pm's. :P

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2008, 11:50:38 AM »
Alrighty, 420, I emailed an erf to you. Take a look at it if you have time.

Ive done a fair bit tonight, Sentinel item is done, database, duel manager. Only need to do some OnlineTesting. Then i'll finnish the guild area's and I can release the Beta. And i'll work on the Team Arena while the beta is getting a look over.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2008, 12:24:31 PM »
Alrighty, 420, I emailed an erf to you. Take a look at it if you have time.

Ive done a fair bit tonight, Sentinel item is done, database, duel manager. Only need to do some OnlineTesting. Then i'll finnish the guild area's and I can release the Beta. And i'll work on the Team Arena while the beta is getting a look over.
Since hosing Throbble's computer I've lost the settings to check the mckraken email. Can you send it to cep420@yahoo.com?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2008, 12:40:09 PM »
Since hosing Throbble's computer I've lost the settings to check the mckraken email. Can you send it to cep420@yahoo.com?

I'll set up an FTP account for you guys to share if that would help.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2008, 01:58:20 PM »
I also suggest once this is up for the public, we should use Worldgate. For people to download the content, duh. :D <3

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2008, 02:37:08 PM »
I also suggest once this is up for the public, we should use Worldgate. For people to download the content, duh. :D <3

What

WHat's that?

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2008, 04:16:58 PM »
It's how people download the mod data so they can log in to the server. You can't just log right in like in nwn 1.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2008, 04:45:35 PM »
It's how people download the mod data so they can log in to the server. You can't just log right in like in nwn 1.

How does it work? Plugin for NWN2?

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2008, 05:43:59 PM »
I'm not completely sure how it would work server side.

Quote from: nwvault
WorldGate
- connecting worlds & players -

Overview

All persistant worlds for nwn2 share the same problem: at least one file - the *.pwc - has to be transfered to the players' pc before anyone can login and join a multiplayer module. Most pw teams will want to add custom content as well, like clothing and placeables, custom soundsets, ingame music or even movies.

All files have to be stored in the right place and must be updated at all players' pc's whenever the builders change them.

And some of these files are considerably large, especially all erf-types (*.mod, *.pwc, *.hak, *.erf), downloads for an average pw can easily sum up to more than one gb total! This makes it painfull - if not impossible - to update files regularly, and thus stops builders from changing their worlds dynamically, e.g. in reaction to some ingame events.

WorldGate was designed to help pw builders create and maintain a download-system for all files related to their pw, and to help players download and update these files as easily and as fast as possible - typically with one click.

Features

can update resources within erf-files (this includes *.erf, *.mod, *.pwc and *.hak), thus transferring only changed parts - especially worthy for updating pwc!

players client is setup by simply entering your pw's homepage url

uses famous 7-zip compression to minimize download time and traffic.

designed to work with any web- or ftp-server.

designed to store multiple pw's.

But, for players you enter in the web address of the server. Then you follow the servers directions and then proceed with the download. It's a nice program and it makes the multi-player aspect of nwn2 way easier and less of a hassle.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2008, 06:19:28 PM »
You can also post the .pwc file to NWVault. That's where I put the one for my server before I gave up on NWN2.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2008, 06:39:25 PM »
You can also post the .pwc file to NWVault. That's where I put the one for my server before I gave up on NWN2.

I definitely think it would be a great idea to provide the necessary files with both methods. It's likely to bring more players that way.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2008, 09:25:50 PM »
I agree with Hell there. I'm not sure though, but with the .pwc you can open the mod in the toolset and see all the things that make it tick... i.e scripts and such.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2008, 09:48:08 PM »
I agree with Hell there. I'm not sure though, but with the .pwc you can open the mod in the toolset and see all the things that make it tick... i.e scripts and such.
I believe the .pwc only contains walkmesh and custom VFX info. Those are the only things a client needs locally to join a NWN2 multiplayer mod.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2008, 11:25:00 PM »
Oh. I wasn't sure if that was how it worked or not. :D Good to know. Maybe I will pop open the toolset and play around. I am kinda bored and jobless atm. lol.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2008, 01:23:17 AM »
I'll distribute the PWC everywhere I can. Here included. Lucidmagic will be the first location to see the file.