Author Topic: Why Iran Should Not Have Nukes  (Read 6757 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Why Iran Should Not Have Nukes
« on: October 19, 2008, 06:18:22 PM »
Original Article

World record sandwich? Iranians eat evidence

Fri Oct 17, 9:49 am ET

TEHRAN (Reuters) â?? Iran failed Friday to register what it said would be the world's largest sandwich in the Guinness book of World Records after people rushed forward and began eating it -- before it was measured.

Event organizers had planned to stuff the 1,500-meter-long sandwich with 700 kg of ostrich meat and 700 kg of chicken, and display it in a park in the capital Tehran.

But as the sandwich was being measured, chaos ensued. The giant snack was gone in minutes, a Reuters witness said, leaving the three Guinness representatives present with a dilemma.

One of the event's organizers said video footage of the sandwich would be sent to Guinness officials.

"We still think the sandwich will be recorded in the Guinness book because of all the evidence and footage that we will send them," Parvin Shariati said.

(Writing by Zahra Hosseinian; Editing by Janet Lawrence)

Offline ViperDE2004

• MSN Messenger - noneofyourfreakinbuisiness@F-U
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Why Iran Should Not Have Nukes
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 12:08:39 PM »
After Extensive research, and i've discovered that 1,500 meters is 1.5 kilometers.  Or in United States Language, 0.932056788 miles.  To be honnest, how did they know it was 1,500 meters if they didn't measure it? And wow that's kind of big.  Was the sandwich 1.5 inches wide?

I'm no expert in sandwich mesuring, but dosen't the bread have to be in one peice for it to count as "one" sandwich?  How the hell do you bake a 1 mile long peice of bread?  I guess you can lay it outside on a hot day and hope it rises? O wait, dosen't iran have the record for the the biggest oven in the world?  O right, they lost it before they could send pictures.
Viper, Leader of {Legions of Sages} -(LoS)-

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 01:34:09 AM »
After Extensive research, and i've discovered that 1,500 meters is 1.5 kilometers.  Or in United States Language, 0.932056788 miles.  To be honnest, how did they know it was 1,500 meters if they didn't measure it? And wow that's kind of big.  Was the sandwich 1.5 inches wide?

I'm no expert in sandwich mesuring, but dosen't the bread have to be in one peice for it to count as "one" sandwich?  How the hell do you bake a 1 mile long peice of bread?  I guess you can lay it outside on a hot day and hope it rises? O wait, dosen't iran have the record for the the biggest oven in the world?  O right, they lost it before they could send pictures.
People can accomplish very extraordinary feats when they put their minds to it. Iranians are obviously no exception to this, as they are people as well. However, it is really tough to believe that their citizens ate it all within minutes... and even if they did, why would they have waited until it was done to devour it? Further more, if they had just 'brought' it there to display it, and that's why it wasn't eaten before it was made, then how is it that they moved it, and how did they have it hidden in the first place?

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 02:21:18 AM »
Well, if Bush has just bombed the shit out of Iran in the first place, like im sure he wanted to, we would not have this problem.

I also wonder how many people were trampled, blew themselves up and were arrested in the spam of those few minutes until the sandwhich was gone.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 05:11:19 AM »
I've still not seen one hint of proof the sandwich ever existed! They have a pic of people... wtf does that show? Little added effect, I suppose.

FALSE ADVERTISING! I ordered one SUPER-DUPER SANDWICH SUPREME, and all I got was these fucking bread-crumbs and a picture of some people who supposedly ate it! I want my money back!

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 05:18:11 PM »
Still, why in Iran? They could not have expected the sandwhich to make it out alive
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 08:23:34 PM »
Noooooooooo

NUKES

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 05:06:36 PM »
Noooooooooo

NUKES
*As we in ohio feel the earth shake from a nuke landing on Mo*
My PS3 Game Library: