Author Topic: Stupid nwn2  (Read 21899 times)

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Stupid nwn2
« on: August 29, 2008, 02:02:03 AM »
Just decided to play some nwn 2 and so I updated and in doing so it corrupted all my nwn 2 files apparently. Cause I can't play the single player campaign at all. It says "Module file corrupt or was made with a newer version of the toolset." :(
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stupid nwn2
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 12:30:58 PM »
Just decided to play some nwn 2 and so I updated and in doing so it corrupted all my nwn 2 files apparently. Cause I can't play the single player campaign at all. It says "Module file corrupt or was made with a newer version of the toolset." :(
Now try to right-click on an .exe file in explorer and see if that crashes windows.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 09:20:04 PM »
Reinstall =D

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 09:23:59 PM »
Reinstall =D
Excuse me for asking, but why install in the first place?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 01:41:42 PM »
Excuse me for asking, but why install in the first place?

Because it's actually a very good game when its working.  I'm playing Mask of the Betrayer now and I'll say that the single player storylines in these games are just about at BG2 quality.

Storm of Zehir will be out next month and it's looking to be a top notch expansion.  They are adding full party creation, so you can create up to 4 characters for the game.  You'll still be able to take NPCs along with you for a party of 6 total.  Each party member can be part of conversations so you aren't limited to the main character doing all the talking and using only his skills.

Also they have replaced the world map with an "overland" map.  Basically transforming the game into a persistent world where you have to walk to each destination.  Skills will play a role in the overland map, high spot will get you into hidden dungeons and so on.  Rangers will be quite useful here.

Sounds pretty exciting!  Lots of good rpgs coming out.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 02:17:30 AM »
Yeah, it's gonna be awesome. Hopefully it will fix online issues as well.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 02:13:25 AM »
I am quite upset now :(. I can not play SoZ because I do not own MotB. Well, I can sort of play it. I can load into the beginning of the SP Campaign and all, but I can't see the text of anything. No conversations, no names, nothing. So I can not perform a simple quest convo task lol. I thought it might be because of Haks or TLK problems, but nope. I am assuming it's because I don't have the second expansion. Guess I will buy it now...

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 03:06:05 AM »
I am quite upset now :(. I can not play SoZ because I do not own MotB. Well, I can sort of play it. I can load into the beginning of the SP Campaign and all, but I can't see the text of anything. No conversations, no names, nothing. So I can not perform a simple quest convo task lol. I thought it might be because of Haks or TLK problems, but nope. I am assuming it's because I don't have the second expansion. Guess I will buy it now...

Hmm well,  I'd get MoTB in any case if I were you because it's very good.  Otherwise, I'd backup your NWN2 directory, then reinstall it, could very well be the extra stuff you've loaded in there.

Did you check the forums for a problem like yours?

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 03:17:46 AM »
Yeah, there wasn't one. Someone posted for me though in my topic, and said it could be the .tlk's and stuff. But I deleted them all, hell I just reinstalled nwn2 not all that long ago.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 04:41:51 AM »
Woot I'm awesome, I fixed it myself lol.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 01:01:14 PM »
Woot I'm awesome, I fixed it myself lol.

What was the problem?

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 02:47:30 PM »
I had two separate nwn2 folders. One from the beta that I forgot to delete and the game was loading through that one instead of the one with the expansions and stuff. So I could load the expansion because of the disc, but couldn't see shit because it had none of the files or updated stuff lol.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 07:48:07 PM »
I had two separate nwn2 folders. One from the beta that I forgot to delete and the game was loading through that one instead of the one with the expansions and stuff. So I could load the expansion because of the disc, but couldn't see shit because it had none of the files or updated stuff lol.
So not "Stupid nwn2" but rather, "Stupid mercyx2?"

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 09:50:01 PM »
lol no wonder you're the only one with that problem.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 08:23:14 PM »
I just reinstalled NWN2 (no expansions) and ran the auto updater.

First thing it did was update the auto-patcher, no problem, that's pretty standard. Then it downloads update nwn2_pc_english_from100788_to105912.txt and that's fine. Then it downloads updates every single incremental fucking patch one by one, (100788_to105912, 105912_to106972.zip, 106972_to106973.zip, etc.)

What in the fuck kinda newbie fucktards do they have working at Obsidian. After 100 patches they are honestly thinking people will sit through this bullshit when they install NWN2 right out of the box?

Jesus Christ I can't believe this company is still in business.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 07:07:56 AM »
Yeah, I had to suffer through that the last time I installed NWN2....didn't find it worth it, especially since my compy didn't run the game very well.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 08:57:08 PM »
Yeah, I had to suffer through that the last time I installed NWN2....didn't find it worth it, especially since my compy didn't run the game very well.
"didn't" Does it now or is it still the same? Might be time for an upgrade! If everything goes as planned for GS2 this time around... there's simply no way I can't be there! I'm simply irreplaceable.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 09:10:58 PM »
currently - I've tried playing guild wars on the lowest settings for short periods of time, but then my compy starts complaining....I think I'm getting my own computer for christmas though. :)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 10:34:33 PM »
currently - I've tried playing guild wars on the lowest settings for short periods of time, but then my compy starts complaining....I think I'm getting my own computer for christmas though. :)
Oh you're using someone else's compy? That sucks. Hopefully they know what to get you then! Haha.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 10:58:19 PM »
Good computers are so cheap now.  You should be able to easily afford something that will last for years.  Video card should be the most expensive single piece.  Chose one wisely.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 12:24:43 AM »
Good computers are so cheap now.  You should be able to easily afford something that will last for years.  Video card should be the most expensive single piece.  Chose one wisely.
That's why I said hopefully they'll know what to get, unless they let you pick it out... you're stuck with their judgement.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 05:46:28 AM »
I would like to play NWN 2 again but ITS BEEN PATCHING FOR THE LAST FUCKING HOUR!!!1!

-I guess thats a lie, it just finished and said 46 mins but still...rawr
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 05:52:15 AM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 01:04:13 PM »
What is really annoying is that I cant figure out how to pull up the task list in NWN2. Like I thought it just didnt exist because I looked in the hotkeys and there wasnt one, but while I was playing my fingers slipped and I somehow opened it. Does anyone know how?

Like I cant force chests and doors with strength because I see no attack command, I only have the icon that appears over enemys. I have to keep a rogue in my party because I cant just attack locked things but I see familiars doing it and I can hit stuff with flamestrike to destroy them.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 01:23:18 PM »
What is really annoying is that I cant figure out how to pull up the task list in NWN2. Like I thought it just didnt exist because I looked in the hotkeys and there wasnt one, but while I was playing my fingers slipped and I somehow opened it. Does anyone know how?

Like I cant force chests and doors with strength because I see no attack command, I only have the icon that appears over enemys. I have to keep a rogue in my party because I cant just attack locked things but I see familiars doing it and I can hit stuff with flamestrike to destroy them.
What do you mean by "task list"?

Obsidian made a big deal out of their "context sensitive" menus but all it did was limit your ability to interact with your surroundings.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 03:15:42 PM »
What do you mean by "task list"?

Obsidian made a big deal out of their "context sensitive" menus but all it did was limit your ability to interact with your surroundings.

Like a...master list of things you can do. Like just simple commands like Attack and Talk. Sometimes my NPCs move on their own and break down a door with their weapons. I can not figure out how to make my player character do that.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 04:03:32 PM »
Like a...master list of things you can do. Like just simple commands like Attack and Talk. Sometimes my NPCs move on their own and break down a door with their weapons. I can not figure out how to make my player character do that.

Hmm. Right click on the door, you'll see "bash".

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 04:46:12 PM »
He's talking about the right click, radial menu. Just hold down right click and it will pop up. :P

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 08:10:31 PM »
Right clicking does not do anything. The only thing that happens is a pic of whatever I clicked on appears in the upper middle of the screen.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008, 10:21:22 PM »
Right clicking does not do anything. The only thing that happens is a pic of whatever I clicked on appears in the upper middle of the screen.

Hold the right mouse button down for a second like Mercy said.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 11:28:49 AM »
...That seems unnecessary. Why couldnt it pop up with a click?
My PS3 Game Library: