Author Topic: Multiplayer anyone?  (Read 10432 times)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Multiplayer anyone?
« on: July 31, 2008, 03:38:31 PM »
Well I've been playing the Single Player campaign recently.  After all the patching it seems to be finally playable.

I was wondering if anyone had any interest in playing a multiplayer mod?

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Re: Multiplayer anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 04:22:44 PM »
A while ago I tried playing it a little bit....I think I nearly killed my computer in the process.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 04:35:06 PM »
I dont really mind reinstalling it and checking it up again, if i find the DVD that is, should be lying around somewhere.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 04:47:36 PM »
Anyone know if there are any good mods for it?  Did that Planetscape Torment mod ever come out?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 08:40:12 PM »
Anyone know if there are any good mods for it?  Did that Planetscape Torment mod ever come out?
Planescape Trilogy is slated for Q4 2008. The main guy behind the project got hired by Obsidian so they are still working on it but it's taking a bit longer than expected.

I was thinking about reinstalling NWN2 recently. Does anyone have the expansion? I just have the core game.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 10:37:22 PM »
I don't think i ever got the newest patch. I read about something in one that did something I didn't want. Plus i was afraid that it would break the save games i have already. Ive started the main campaign a few times and never finished. I'd be interested if it is possible to overcome any time zone differances, and if someone was diligent enough to make a good mod. Lord knows I don't have the gumption to deal with that toolset for more than a few minutes.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 11:22:57 PM »
I just have the core game as well.

Q4 2008 is in a while.  I'll have a look this weekend for an interesting Mod we can try.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 09:00:51 AM »
The toolset wasn't all that bad....if you only wanted to play with the terrain and put down placeables and not use any doors and no more than 5 tree appearances and never actually play the "mod" you made. :)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 12:05:52 PM »
The toolset wasn't all that bad....if you only wanted to play with the terrain and put down placeables and not use any doors and no more than 5 tree appearances and never actually play the "mod" you made.
Sweet.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 11:28:34 PM »
The toolset wasn't all that bad....if you only wanted to play with the terrain and put down placeables and not use any doors and no more than 5 tree appearances and never actually play the "mod" you made. :)
Ha ha ha. lol.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 01:58:44 AM »
What's crazy is that I cant join any multiplayer games! I apparently dont have some pack that everyone else has. For the 10 that I tryed to join I got: Missing Soh.tlk, Missing [Big List] HAK File, Missing Frontier.tlk, Missing NWNWarhammer.hak.

Anyone know what I am missing? Google hasnt helped a bit.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 03:18:24 AM »
lol. Dude, you need to download the .pwc files for the servers. You have to go to the server's website and see what download client they use, like Worldgate, etc. The client downloads all of the files needed, .pwc, .hak and others. That is why you can't join.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 12:54:35 AM »
lol. Dude, you need to download the .pwc files for the servers. You have to go to the server's website and see what download client they use, like Worldgate, etc. The client downloads all of the files needed, .pwc, .hak and others. That is why you can't join.
Ok, good tip. and how was I supposed to know? You could join any NWN1 server if you had the CEP and whatnot, I didnt know anything changed.

But it didnt really matter, as all 3 of the servers I tryed suck balls hardcore. Omg it made me want to reinstall NWN1 and go run around LoC. It looks like any NWN2 multiplayer I participate in will revolve around stuff LM people put up.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 01:18:01 AM »
There are some good nwn 2 servers. You just have to find them. Sundren is one good one.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 01:37:00 AM »
Ok, good tip. and how was I supposed to know? You could join any NWN1 server if you had the CEP and whatnot, I didnt know anything changed.

But it didnt really matter, as all 3 of the servers I tryed suck balls hardcore. Omg it made me want to reinstall NWN1 and go run around LoC. It looks like any NWN2 multiplayer I participate in will revolve around stuff LM people put up.
Hate to be an ass (not really), but I knew that for a long time now and I don't even own the game. So I suppose the answer to your question ("and how was I supposed to know?") would be your having read the posts in this section that talk about it. But I read damn near everything, so I don't really blame you. I simply found it too funny to resist telling you.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 09:09:57 AM »
Hate to be an ass (not really), but I knew that for a long time now and I don't even own the game. So I suppose the answer to your question ("and how was I supposed to know?") would be your having read the posts in this section that talk about it. But I read damn near everything, so I don't really blame you. I simply found it too funny to resist telling you.

YOU'RE A FUCKING ASSHOLE MAN

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 10:08:59 AM »
YOU'RE A FUCKING ASSHOLE MAN
Something like that.