Other > General Roleplaying

4th Edition

<< < (2/7) > >>

cuchulann:

--- Quote from: HeLLMasteRHeLL on July 24, 2008, 09:14:20 PM --- have always been, and always will be, remedial.

--- End quote ---

To quote Inigo Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Soul Sojourner:

--- Quote from: cuchulann on July 26, 2008, 03:48:00 AM ---To quote Inigo Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

--- End quote ---
Remedial? I'm emphasizing their general lack of skill. It's insulting. Using it in this way, I don't specify any need to improve upon any particular thing(s). Instead, I'll simply call anyone that I am insulting remedial, as if to say they need to improve in everything.

However, I realize the context I use it in is not the common usage, but if I didn't explain it you may not understand why I use it this way.

It sure sounds better than using 'retarded' all the time. =D

cuchulann:

--- Quote from: HeLLMasteRHeLL on July 27, 2008, 07:08:49 PM ---I realize the context I use it in is not the common usage,

--- End quote ---

I would not call your usage uncommon. I would call it incorrect. By calling somthing remedial you state that it is a corrective act, as opposed to being in need of one. Much like i could not call my typing skill remedial since it doesn't actually help with anything. More appropriately it is baneful.

Elessar Telrunya:

--- Quote from: cuchulann on July 28, 2008, 10:15:33 PM ---I would not call your usage uncommon. I would call it incorrect. By calling somthing remedial you state that it is a corrective act, as opposed to being in need of one. Much like i could not call my typing skill remedial since it doesn't actually help with anything. More appropriately it is baneful.

--- End quote ---
Therefore you might need a remedial typing class to correct your appropriately baneful typing skills. :) I'm thoroughly enjoying this discussion.

Anheg:

--- Quote from: Xen ---Balls.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version