Author Topic: lost cd-key  (Read 4392 times)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
lost cd-key
« on: June 30, 2008, 08:36:06 AM »
I was re-installing Diablo II today, and apparently I've lost the CD-Key for Lord of Destruction.  Does anyone know how I can get around this without just buying a new copy?  It's no big deal if not - I'd just prefer not to shell out the ten bucks for it.

edit: fuck, nevermind.  My stupid crippled computer doesn't want to run the damn game properly anyways.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 09:31:03 AM by Elessar Telrunya »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: lost cd-key
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 12:35:48 PM »
That's odd, I don't have any problems running Diablo 2 on Windows XP. What OS are you using?

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 02:31:13 PM »
Hmmm...It looks like I managed to fix it - a problem with the video settings....I changed it to use the DirectDraw setting and it ran and updated smoothly.  I'm still running on an XP, but it's getting old.  It likes to complain whenever I do so much as play a video on the internet.

Back to the lost cd-key though - any suggestions or should I plan to stop by Game Stop some time this week?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 01:30:35 AM »
Gah, you guys need to stop losing CD-Keys. I really don't understand how you do it...

Anyway, try scanning torrents or crack/serial sites. You might be able to find something that could potentially work. Either way, make sure you protect your computer if checking serial sites... scan for spyware when you're done. Type cracksearch in google, that should lead you in the right direction for those.

But, if you want to go legitimate, I'm not sure there's much of a way around it besides looking for your own key, or buying a new one. Maybe Blizzard could help, though I doubt it.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 08:22:32 AM »
Well, unfortunately Blizzard thought it was a dandy idea to put the Diablo II disks (all four of them including Lord of Destruction) in CD sleeves and attach the CD-Keys on two of the CD sleeves.  CD sleeves are much easier to lose than CD cases because they are more likely to be accidentally thrown out.....which is probably what happened to my CD-key.  blah.  I'll just go buy another copy of Lord of Destruction later this week.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 07:02:37 PM »
blah.  I'll just go buy another copy of Lord of Destruction later this week.
The Diablo Battle Chest is the best selling PC game on Amazon right now.

Nothing like announcing a sequel a decade later to boost sales of your old software.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 08:48:46 PM »
Sucks to be you then, all of my shit came in CD cases. I have the battle chest, too.