Other > General Gaming

PS3 Network/Xbox Live/Steam Friends

<< < (2/10) > >>

Anheg:

--- Quote from: Mo on March 11, 2008, 06:28:10 PM ---Wireless is a super tricky issue as radio reception is normally unstable at best.  Are you using security/encryption for your wireless network (WEP/WPA)?  If so you might want to disable that, it really slows things down a lot.  Use a MAC filter inside your router to prevent unauthorized access to your network, instead of encryption.

--- End quote ---

So, I tried to get to my router page but apparently I need a username and password I never made/wrote down. And soon after my computer screen went blue and dumped its physical memory and restarted.

Basically my computer is taking a huge shit on my chest and I have no choice but to reformat. I cant play guildwars for more than 5 minutes without crashing (not that i rly would anyway but...), I cant play civ 4 period, I cant get my fucking wireless working correctly and the damn thing is always giving me the blue screen.

So now a reformatting question, as I have never done it myself. Do I just put in the windows disk and reinstall windows and it installs all hte drivers and such that I need? I know that I will have to reinstall my router stuff, my graphics card and everything Iv ever installed/downloaded but...will I be able to start over from scratch just my putting in the windows disk and following its directions?

Mo:

--- Quote from: Anheg on March 12, 2008, 12:58:19 AM ---So, I tried to get to my router page but apparently I need a username and password I never made/wrote down. And soon after my computer screen went blue and dumped its physical memory and restarted.

Basically my computer is taking a huge shit on my chest and I have no choice but to reformat. I cant play guildwars for more than 5 minutes without crashing (not that i rly would anyway but...), I cant play civ 4 period, I cant get my fucking wireless working correctly and the damn thing is always giving me the blue screen.

So now a reformatting question, as I have never done it myself. Do I just put in the windows disk and reinstall windows and it installs all hte drivers and such that I need? I know that I will have to reinstall my router stuff, my graphics card and everything Iv ever installed/downloaded but...will I be able to start over from scratch just my putting in the windows disk and following its directions?

--- End quote ---

Yes.  Just quick format the partition when it asks you.  You will all your motherboard drivers as well (sound, lan etc.).

420:
The most important thing is the internet connection software/drivers (network card, router software, browser). Once you get that running you can just download all the newest drivers for everything else.

Soul Sojourner:
PSN eh? Hmm... well that's a splendid idea! If anyone has Xbox360, then, my Gamertag is HeLLMasteRHeLL. Not that you couldn't have figured that out.

Might as well post them both here.

Chard:
Too bad this is a PSN topic though. >=D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version