Author Topic: PS3 Network/Xbox Live/Steam Friends  (Read 24266 times)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
PS3 Network/Xbox Live/Steam Friends
« on: March 08, 2008, 08:31:28 PM »
Just thinking, if anyone has a PS3 that you should send me a friends invite. Im always looking for more people to play with.

My PSN name is JOwnsYou. Just let me know who you are. I get random invites sometimes because of how hard I roll ppl in CoD4.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 03:06:01 AM by Soul Sojourner »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Chard

Re: PS3 Friends
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 04:00:06 AM »
I'll add you the next time I log into the PSN. My username is ChardRoD.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 11:51:48 AM »
I'll add both of you when I get on.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 01:07:18 AM »
Since both of you own a PS3 I figured I would post this link here also.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=228727

I am having problems with my connection being dropped and getting error 8002AD23 and I cant find any useful information about fixing it.

Iv read some things about changing your routers channel and making your PS3 IP the same as your DMZ (?). This makes no sense to me, as I dont even know how to open options involving my wireless router let alone any terminology involved.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 06:28:10 PM »
Since both of you own a PS3 I figured I would post this link here also.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=228727

I am having problems with my connection being dropped and getting error 8002AD23 and I cant find any useful information about fixing it.

Iv read some things about changing your routers channel and making your PS3 IP the same as your DMZ (?). This makes no sense to me, as I dont even know how to open options involving my wireless router let alone any terminology involved.

Wireless is a super tricky issue as radio reception is normally unstable at best.  Are you using security/encryption for your wireless network (WEP/WPA)?  If so you might want to disable that, it really slows things down a lot.  Use a MAC filter inside your router to prevent unauthorized access to your network, instead of encryption.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 12:58:19 AM »
Wireless is a super tricky issue as radio reception is normally unstable at best.  Are you using security/encryption for your wireless network (WEP/WPA)?  If so you might want to disable that, it really slows things down a lot.  Use a MAC filter inside your router to prevent unauthorized access to your network, instead of encryption.

So, I tried to get to my router page but apparently I need a username and password I never made/wrote down. And soon after my computer screen went blue and dumped its physical memory and restarted.

Basically my computer is taking a huge shit on my chest and I have no choice but to reformat. I cant play guildwars for more than 5 minutes without crashing (not that i rly would anyway but...), I cant play civ 4 period, I cant get my fucking wireless working correctly and the damn thing is always giving me the blue screen.

So now a reformatting question, as I have never done it myself. Do I just put in the windows disk and reinstall windows and it installs all hte drivers and such that I need? I know that I will have to reinstall my router stuff, my graphics card and everything Iv ever installed/downloaded but...will I be able to start over from scratch just my putting in the windows disk and following its directions?
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 01:51:26 PM »
So, I tried to get to my router page but apparently I need a username and password I never made/wrote down. And soon after my computer screen went blue and dumped its physical memory and restarted.

Basically my computer is taking a huge shit on my chest and I have no choice but to reformat. I cant play guildwars for more than 5 minutes without crashing (not that i rly would anyway but...), I cant play civ 4 period, I cant get my fucking wireless working correctly and the damn thing is always giving me the blue screen.

So now a reformatting question, as I have never done it myself. Do I just put in the windows disk and reinstall windows and it installs all hte drivers and such that I need? I know that I will have to reinstall my router stuff, my graphics card and everything Iv ever installed/downloaded but...will I be able to start over from scratch just my putting in the windows disk and following its directions?

Yes.  Just quick format the partition when it asks you.  You will all your motherboard drivers as well (sound, lan etc.).

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 02:47:44 PM »
The most important thing is the internet connection software/drivers (network card, router software, browser). Once you get that running you can just download all the newest drivers for everything else.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 03:30:08 AM »
PSN eh? Hmm... well that's a splendid idea! If anyone has Xbox360, then, my Gamertag is HeLLMasteRHeLL. Not that you couldn't have figured that out.

Might as well post them both here.

Chard

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 05:01:58 AM »
Too bad this is a PSN topic though. >=D

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 01:26:26 AM »
And as far as I can tell nither of you ever sent me an invite...

Either of you play Pixel Junk: Monsters? I bought it and its a lot harder than I expected O.o
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 01:30:16 AM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 01:57:26 AM »
And as far as I can tell nither of you ever sent me an invite...

Either of you play Pixel Junk: Monsters? I bought it and its a lot harder than I expected O.o

Sorry been too busy fixing up the server to turn on my PS3.

Chard

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 03:23:28 AM »
Mine's not hooked up to the internet and I'm too lazy to do so.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 08:01:02 PM »
Mine's not hooked up to the internet and I'm too lazy to do so.
phail
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 07:28:07 PM »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 01:08:04 PM »
Chard still hasnt.

[attachment deleted by admin]
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 01:14:33 PM »
He's a bum :P

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 10:31:00 PM »
Too bad this is a PSN topic though. >=D
Not anymore! Bwahahaha!

And I moved the damn thing to General Gaming because I couldn't find it when I looked here for it first!

Right and proper!

Mercy, post your damn thing if you ever see this... and if I ever come back within the month... lol.

Chard

Re: PS3 Network/Xbox Live Friends
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 02:09:34 AM »
don't worry. i need to update the firmware soon anyway. lol

so I'll add you then.

Chard

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 01:35:11 PM »
added you yay

I'll be playing some multiplayer demos from time to time. Lost planet, Metal Gear and Blazing Angels.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2008, 02:49:29 AM »
Cool, and you were added.

Oh and Army of Two is incredibly fun if you are playing with a friend, but utterly annoying if you are in singleplayer and have to control the AI.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2008, 07:11:33 PM »
Is anyone else having issues with the 2.35 firmware update? For some reason its really not wanting me to update and the indians iv been talking to on the tech support lines have no fucking idea what theyre talking about.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 09:37:33 PM »
Yeah, nevermind. The internet download worked after I redisabled media server connections. Im not sure how it got turned back on <.<
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2008, 07:06:23 AM »
Mo, I saw you pop on the other day, just long enough for me to send you a message.

We need to face off in Guitar hero 3!
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2008, 11:53:24 AM »
Mo, I saw you pop on the other day, just long enough for me to send you a message.

We need to face off in Guitar hero 3!

Ya I saw.  Not sure why I was having connections issues.  I was downloading GT5 Prologue.  Sure let's play some Guitar hero.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 08:04:48 AM »
=( I havent seen you lately...So sad, we havent got to play.

But Ill be buying Rock Band 2 soon as its released for the PS3. Our Truth, Man in the Box, Panic Attack, Battery, and Alive make me excited.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 09:52:42 AM »
I find it a tad annoying to type out messages and chat using a PS3 controller.  I guess I'd get a keyboard if I really needed to chat on the PS3 much.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2008, 12:17:28 AM »
My Xbox was dead for a couple of months and I was being too lazy to repair it. Seeing as I've repaired it, I may be appearing online more often.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 07:00:31 PM »
I recently got a new elite, and my NEW gamertag is Soul Sojourner. It's the same account, only I changed my gamertag.

Figured I ought to update on this. If anyone plays on Xbox live, add me.

I haven't started playing online again yet, I gotta lot of games to catch up on again, but when I do I'll most likely be on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and some Halo 3. I'll also be buying World at War (COD) soon too.

Offline KapitaninKatze

• SilberKatze
  • Living Life like we'll all die Tomorrow.
    • MSN Messenger - foxie_kittin@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jenna_benedict704@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Ama Gi Society
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 07:23:00 AM »
Well then...My gamertag for Xbox Live is    "Silver Katze"
(And yes, Gold, for now..)