Author Topic: Test Center Policy Change  (Read 4450 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Test Center Policy Change
« on: February 12, 2008, 03:11:33 PM »
Looks like the Flagship is trying to encourage more testers on the Test Center with promises of special prizes for their live server accounts! I like stuff.
Director of Technology Tyler Thompson has announced the following changes to how the Test Center server will operate. Please read on...

---

Test Center is a crucial part of the Hellgate: Londonâ??s future. The players who use Test Center, report bugs and give us feedback are some of the most influential players in our community.

So, Iâ??m asking those of you who want to help to have a character on Test Center that you regularly play. To help with this, we are making some changes to how we run Test Center:

1. No more planned character wipes.

* We will no longer wipe the characters on Test Center in order to copy characters over from Shulgoth. Copying these characters has had a negative impact on the population size in Test Center instead of a positive one.

* I canâ??t absolutely guarantee against any character wipes in Test Center â?? after all, this is where we try things out before they go live and things can go wrong. I can say that we wonâ??t wipe the characters there on purpose, and Iâ??ll look at getting a database backup working for that shard.

* Personally, I am only going to work on my characters in Test Center â?? hopefully, that will be some assurance to you about my desire to prevent character wipes there. I donâ??t like losing my character progression any more that you do.

2. Double Exp on Test Center â?? Thatâ??s right: Double experience gain on Test Center.

3. A free Skill Retrainer every time that you log in â?? If you have room in your inventory, we will make sure that you have a Skill Retrainer when you log in with that character. This should help testers to try out various skill combinations.

4. Test Center Rewards â?? Occasionally, we will be looking at who is playing in Test Center and who is posting constructive feedback about what is going on there. These people will have their accounts marked as being â??good testers.â? We are going to cook up a couple little rewards for these people â?? which will be visible on Shulgoth as well as Test Center. It might be a few weeks until the rewards come, but we are working on it.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 03:11:54 PM by 420 »