Author Topic: Continue to Laugh at Obsidian!  (Read 8496 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Continue to Laugh at Obsidian!
« on: February 05, 2008, 02:29:47 AM »
Saw this on NWvault.

how soon or when the 1.12 update patch become available
Don't tell anyone, but I am going to target a release in about 4 or 5 weeks.

Shhh.. our secret.

Multilayer - worthwhile venture or an odyssey of frustration?
Off the top of my head, here are some goals from our next three patches:

* Eliminate transition crashes.
    * Add a checkbox to the dedicated server to disallow the override folder.
    * Allow Haks to load before character generation.
    * Integrate the DM's Player List with the Chooser.
    * Implement Multi-Server/Portal Support.
    * Allow DMs to interact with player inventory
    * Integrated Content/PWC Autodownloader
    * Implement stealth animations for player races
    * Implement numerous spell fixes

It's important to recognize that these are goals and not set in stone - nor is it an exhaustive list of our goals. Technical issues, contract issues and higher priority bugs can change this.
I'm surprised there is anyone left to play NWN2 multiplayer. I figured they all went back to NWN by now.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 06:25:58 PM »
Hey looks like it's almost at a STABLE release.  I may actually try to play it soon.  I gave it another go last month on my new system and it was still too choppy to play with graphics on high (I refused to play on lower setting than max graphics).

I just got my HD3870 X2 in the mail woohoo.  I've never owned a high-end video card like this one, so I'm excited to see how it will play NWN2.  Though NWN2 will have to wait in line, as I'm gonna play Bioshock then Oblivion.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 06:59:32 PM »
Hey looks like it's almost at a STABLE release.  I may actually try to play it soon.
[snapback]39134[/snapback]
Soon may be a relative word because that says the next patch is slated for 4 or 5 weeks from now and those fixes that are listed are over the next three patches.

Maybe it will be playable by this summer!

Ooo and post some screenshots of Bioshock on your new card!!!

« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 07:00:03 PM by 420 »

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Continue to Laugh at Obsidian!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 09:18:03 PM »
Hey looks like it's almost at a STABLE release.  I may actually try to play it soon.  I gave it another go last month on my new system and it was still too choppy to play with graphics on high (I refused to play on lower setting than max graphics).

I just got my HD3870 X2 in the mail woohoo.  I've never owned a high-end video card like this one, so I'm excited to see how it will play NWN2.  Though NWN2 will have to wait in line, as I'm gonna play Bioshock then Oblivion.

eh....i'm playing the game on max settings on my laptop runs very smooth, the only problem is it doesn't react ingame at the keyboard at all I can't pause the game, can't open the inventory, I press "esc" nothing happens i mean WTF??
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 09:24:01 PM »
eh....i'm playing the game on max settings on my laptop runs very smooth, the only problem is it doesn't react ingame at the keyboard at all I can't pause the game, can't open the inventory, I press "esc" nothing happens i mean WTF??
Could have something to do with NWN2 being a complete and utter piece of shit.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 04:47:53 AM »
Could have something to do with NWN2 being a complete and utter piece of shit.

Nah, apparantly patching solved the problem, so now the keyboard works i can do everything, but now my camera won't rotate it will go up, down left right but it won't rotate around my chr.......lol
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 11:09:10 PM »
Well with my HD3870X2 the game is actually playable.  Just need to find the motivation to play it.b

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 12:10:04 AM »
Well with my HD3870X2 the game is actually playable.  Just need to find the motivation to play it.b
There is plenty of motivation! You got the multipla... oh wait, it's too unstable and clunky, well there are all the 3rd party adventu... oh no, Rogue Dao is a ghost town and Ossian can't release until Obsidian decides to patch the new functionality (now 2 patches behind), well the Official Campaign is, uh... yeah.

I guess there is always the expansion campaign, though you may need to use the option added in a patch that allows you to turn of the countdown timer that exists throughout the entire adventure.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 08:55:05 AM »
So like last night I played nwn 2 for 3 hours on a end I don't know but I like the SP campaign so far it's not bad actually...

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 12:39:20 PM »
So like last night I played nwn 2 for 3 hours on a end I don't know but I like the SP campaign so far it's not bad actually...
Yeah, I played the Official Campaign all the way through. It had a couple good parts, like building your stronghold, but I wasn't very impressed by the NPCs and their storylines/quests. However, you can really screw up the stronghold if you don't do things in the proper order and that makes the big battle near the end of the game very difficult.