Other > Discussion

Human Life Extended

<< < (2/11) > >>

Chard!:
It's a bit scary. Who knows.. Maybe it will happen a few years from now.

Mo:
Screw all of you.  I'm living till 600 with or without you all. :D

Anheg:
and the Murder rate would increase exponentially

I can only imagine the mindset. You despise someone you know will live a couple hundred years longer, just kill them and make the world a better place.

420:
I think we will discover that the human mind isn't capable of dealing with a lifespan beyond a hundred years. Not only will you become socially displaced in the extreme but the amount of personal loss from the deaths of friends and family would become unbearable.

Shit, it's already a sad state for 80-year-olds who remember the early 1900's and World War II who are now watching kids get body piercings, face tattoos and plastic surgery.

That's all we need is a bunch of 200-year-olds with jobs and mid-life crisis. Get my fucking gun because I will stop this insanity myself. The human quest for immortality is fundamentally flawed because we evolved with built in obsolescence.

Mo:

--- Quote ---I think we will discover that the human mind isn't capable of dealing with a lifespan beyond a hundred years. Not only will you become socially displaced in the extreme but the amount of personal loss from the deaths of friends and family would become unbearable.

Shit, it's already a sad state for 80-year-olds who remember the early 1900's and World War II who are now watching kids get body piercings, face tattoos and plastic surgery.

That's all we need is a bunch of 200-year-olds with jobs and mid-life crisis. Get my fucking gun because I will stop this insanity myself. The human quest for immortality is fundamentally flawed because we evolved with built in obsolescence.

[snapback]38043[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

Well if everyone were living until 400, everything you said wouldn't be a problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version